1. Who is the main character of the novel?
(b) Paddy Clarke.
(c) James O'Keefe.
(d) Sinbad Clarke.
2. In what town do the boys live?
3. In what era is the novel taking place?
4. What do the boys steal from a building site at the start of the novel?
5. What do the boys like to write their names in at the beginning of the novel?
(b) Wet cement.
6. What is the boys' favorite thing to jump when they are playing chase?
(a) Sidewalk cracks.
7. Where does Paddy light Sinbad's lips on fire?
(a) At home.
(b) The pipes.
(d) The school shed.
8. What does Paddy light between Sinbad's lips?
(a) Lighter fluid.
(b) A candle.
(d) A cigar.
9. When Paddy is swimming at the beginning of the novel, what is he stung by?
(a) A bee.
(c) A wasp.
(d) A jellyfish.
This section contains 3,753 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)