• Paddy, his younger brother Sinbad and their friends (Kevin, Liam, Aidan, James and Ian) enjoy making mischief in their small hometown.
• The setting is the 1960's in Barrytown, Ireland.
• At the start of the novel, the boys are at a construction site owned by the corporation stealing nails to write in wet cement.
• The boys also like to light fires, create their own adventures, and bicker/fight with each other.
• The boys also like to play Grand National where they go around their neighborhood jumping over their neighbors' hedges.
• Besides hanging out at the construction sites, the boys also hang out in a shed at school.
• Paddy tells of a time when he holds Sinbad down and forces him to put lighter fluid in his mouth.
• With a mouth full of lighter fluid, Paddy lights Sinbad's lips on fire.
• Paddy comments that it looked liked Sinbad...
This section contains 3,427 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)