|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dirk direct should be done to the <I>Starbuck's</I> torpedo room as they escape?
(a) Tear a hole in the hull.
(b) Arm the torpedoes.
(c) Drain it.
(d) Flood it.
2. Who is Summer's mother?
(b) Christine Dievkis, a Russian spy.
(c) Autumn Carrigan Moran, Delphi's concubine and wife.
(d) Alamea Aolani, a Hawaiian princess.
3. What threat does Dirk face being left behind as as the others ride the air bubble from the <I>Starbuck's</I> escape hatch to the surface?
(a) A great white shark.
(b) Running out of air before he can reach the surface.
(c) One of Them coming to relieve the previous guards.
(d) A hammerhead shark.
4. What new ship do Dirk and Al discover while on their underwater mission?
(a) The <I>Andrei Vyborg</i>.
(b) An unknown Japanese submarine.
(c) The <I> Sampan</I>.
(d) The <I>Hans Zimmer</I>.
5. What makes the fog associated with the Pacific Vortex so odd?
(a) There is nothing odd or different about it, other than its there.
(b) There is a thick almost oily texture to the mist.
(c) The weather conditions are wrong for fog.
(d) The color is wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What smell does Dirk suddenly recognize as the fog begins to envelop the <I>Martha Ann</I>?
2. How does the <I>Starbuck</I> break free of the ocean floor?
3. Why does the giant with the golden eyes select Dirk to be the messenger of the capsule?
4. What does Roblemann invent?
5. When Dirk meets Delphi in his underwater caves, how much time is left before the seamount explodes?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)