|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does SN Farris tell Dirk "They" will do if he uses the radio?
(a) Kill SN Farris.
(b) Learn how to use it from watching him.
(c) Kill Dirk.
(d) Destroy the sub.
2. Who arrives on the comm deck as Dirk is communicating to the Martha Ann and LCDR Boland?
(a) LT March.
(b) SN Farris.
(d) CDR Dupree.
3. What is in the hypodermic syringe that Summer assaults Dirk with?
(a) DG-10, a deadly poison.
(b) A heavy dose of AP-23 barbituate, a knockout drug.
(c) Scopolamine, exactly as she said.
(d) Enough Thorazine to lay out a horse.
4. What two scientists does Dirk report to when he arrives at Pearl Harbor after the attack in his hotel room?
(a) Doctors Lavella and Roblemann.
(b) Doctors Ford and Newce.
(c) Doctors Trinidad and Goldman.
(d) Doctors Chrysler and York.
5. What s the first indication that the <I>Martha Ann</I> is in danger at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Sudden change in sea state.
(b) A continuous thumping sound coming from the bottom of the hull.
(c) A thick fog coming up from the ocean surface.
(d) Sudden radio silence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dirk finally break Delphi's facade of cool indifference?
2. Who or what is Mad Chopper?
3. What is the size of the school of fish the <I>Martha Ann's</i> sensors detect as they prepare to escape the Pacific Vortex area?
4. What is Boland's reaction to the news that March is dead?
5. What does Dirk direct should be done to the <I>Starbuck's</I> torpedo room as they escape?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)