|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what is Mad Chopper?
(a) ADM Hunter when he's angry.
(b) Dirk's helo crew standing by.
(c) LT Buckmaster's team.
(d) Crowhaven's plan B.
2. How many men escape with Dirk on the helicopter from the Martha Ann?
(b) All of them plus Farris.
3. Where is Delphi's transmitter that allows him to jam radio signals?
(a) On the island of Maui at an abandoned Army installation.
(b) On Midway Island, in a remote corner of one of the uninhabited islands in the atoll.
(c) In downtown Honolulu, on top of a skyscraper.
(d) On a sandbar 20 nautical miles northwest of Kauai.
4. Who does Dirk report the attack on Adrian to?
(a) The Pearl Harbor Shore Patrol.
(b) ADM Hunter.
(c) The hotel security team.
(d) The Honolulu police.
5. Who is "Big Daddy?"
(a) Code-name for ADM Hunter back in Pearl Harbor.
(b) Code-name for the Starbuck rescue team.
(c) Dirk's nickname for Al Giordino.
(d) The group of Navy SEALS on the rescue team.
Short Answer Questions
1. What replacement weapon does Dirk grab after having expended his single shot weapon?
2. Who has been Delphi's informant in the Navy?
3. How is the rescue team tracking the submarine's location?
4. How is Dirk's death intended to appear?
5. What does "noncom" mean as it is used in the beginning of Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dirk flood the Starbuck's torpedo compartment?
2. There are three operations, with different codenames going on simultaneously in Chapter 16. What are their different codenames and objectives?
3. What does LT Robert Buckmaster discover at the old Army installation, which supposedly belongs to Delphi that partially explains the entirely unexpected fierce resistance to Marine's invasion? How might this situation have come to be?
4. What are ADM Hunter and Dirk Pitt's differing opinions on Adrian?
5. What does Delphi say is his main objective? What does Dirk say is Delphi's main objective?
6. How does LCDR Crowhaven's attitude change from his frame of mind on the plane, once he is within sight of the submarine and Dirk lets him know that this is where he [Dirk] gets off?
7. What changes ADM Hunter's mind about obeying the destroy orders from the joint Chiefs in Washington D.C.?
8. What are the two most important words in the English language according to Dirk? How do they serve Dirk in the battle with the men from the sea in his hotel room?
9. Who or what is Selma Snoop?
10. How is the scent of the eucalyptus oil explained? How does it support the theory of the seamount?
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)