|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dirk finally meet during Their attack on him and Adrian?
(a) The legendary builders of Kanoli.
(b) Frederick Moran.
(c) The giant with the golden eyes.
(d) CDR Dupree.
2. What does Dirk do for Al's injured hand?
(b) He gives him his swim trunks as a bandage.
(c) He uses a scrap of Summer's dress to make a tourniquet.
(d) He wraps it in seaweed.
3. How many of Them attack Dirk and Adrian?
4. How long has the giant with the golden eyes been keeping tabs on Dirk's activities?
(a) Since the day he picked up the capsule.
(c) For the last twenty-four hours.
5. What is Delphi's relationship to Frederick Moran?
(a) Delphi is his brother.
(b) Delphi and Frederick Moran are not relatd.
(c) Delphi is his son.
(d) He is not a blood relative but they are partners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Summer's mother?
2. Who has been Delphi's informant in the Navy?
3. How is the rescue team tracking the submarine's location?
4. What is Boland's reaction to the news that March is dead?
5. How does the Starbuck break free of the ocean floor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the scent of the eucalyptus oil explained? How does it support the theory of the seamount?
2. In his description of the attack, Dirk notices something significant that could immeasurably assist the crew of the Martha Ann to prevent the boarding of the men from the sea. What is it and how could it be turned into an opportunity for the crew?
3. How does LCDR Crowhaven get in touch with Pearl Harbor in spite of Delphi's lock on their radio transmissions? What is the code he uses to communicate with ADM Hunter over the open wires?
4. What is unexpected and distinctly suspicious about the fog that suddenly overwhelms the Martha Ann? What kinds of conditions are required to create fog?
5. How do Summer's divided loyalties express themselves in their final moments in the doomed seamount as the missiles hit and the mountain begins to crumble?
6. What does Dirk fear lays in store for the Martha Ann? What information is he now armed with that may help? What does he still not know that could be fatal?
7. What are ADM Hunter and Dirk Pitt's differing opinions on Adrian?
8. What does LT Robert Buckmaster discover at the old Army installation, which supposedly belongs to Delphi that partially explains the entirely unexpected fierce resistance to Marine's invasion? How might this situation have come to be?
9. There are three operations, with different codenames going on simultaneously in Chapter 16. What are their different codenames and objectives?
10. How does LCDR Crowhaven's attitude change from his frame of mind on the plane, once he is within sight of the submarine and Dirk lets him know that this is where he [Dirk] gets off?
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)