|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dirk discover LT March after he realizes they are not alone on the submarine?
(a) Dirk cannot find him.
(b) Hiding and wounded.
(c) Wounded, he's been stabbed.
(d) Dead, he's been shot.
2. Who arrives on the comm deck as Dirk is communicating to the Martha Ann and LCDR Boland?
(a) CDR Dupree.
(c) SN Farris.
(d) LT March.
3. How is Dirk's death intended to appear?
(a) Like a mob hit.
(b) As though he vanished of his own free will after accepting money for secrets.
(c) Accidental drowning.
(d) Like he eloped with Adrian.
4. Which friend of her father's does Adrian admit to Dirk she has been sleeping with?
(a) CDR Denver.
(b) ADM Sandecker.
(c) CAPT Cinana.
(d) LCDR Boland.
5. Who is Summer's mother?
(a) Christine Dievkis, a Russian spy.
(b) Autumn Carrigan Moran, Delphi's concubine and wife.
(d) Alamea Aolani, a Hawaiian princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of shark meets Al as he speeds towards the surface with Adrian?
2. How many of "Them" are on the Starbuck according to SN Farris?
3. Who does Dirk report the attack on Adrian to?
4. The Martha Ann has 20 feet of freeboard, making attack from the surface difficult according to LCDR Boland. What is freeboard?
5. What new ship do Dirk and Al discover while on their underwater mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes ADM Hunter's mind about obeying the destroy orders from the joint Chiefs in Washington D.C.?
2. How does LCDR Crowhaven's attitude change from his frame of mind on the plane, once he is within sight of the submarine and Dirk lets him know that this is where he [Dirk] gets off?
3. What does LT Robert Buckmaster discover at the old Army installation, which supposedly belongs to Delphi that partially explains the entirely unexpected fierce resistance to Marine's invasion? How might this situation have come to be?
4. In his description of the attack, Dirk notices something significant that could immeasurably assist the crew of the Martha Ann to prevent the boarding of the men from the sea. What is it and how could it be turned into an opportunity for the crew?
5. What does Delphi say is his main objective? What does Dirk say is Delphi's main objective?
6. Why does Dirk flood the Starbuck's torpedo compartment?
7. How does Pitt know that the Martha Ann is out of radio contact with the world?
8. What happens during Dirk's final radio transmission from the C-5airplane before they touch down on the surface of the ocean? what does it mean for their rescue mission?
9. What is Delphi's plan for the Starbuck?
10. Besides Dirk's lost love, what does Summer represent to the Navy and why would it have been important to rescue her?
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)