|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the fog associated with the Pacific Vortex so odd?
(a) The weather conditions are wrong for fog.
(b) There is nothing odd or different about it, other than its there.
(c) The color is wrong.
(d) There is a thick almost oily texture to the mist.
2. What does Boland want Dirk to do before the invasion of the Martha Ann begins?
(a) Help him scuttle the Martha Ann.
(b) Help him arm the crew.
(c) Take the helo and report to ADM Hunter.
(d) Get him and his crew off the ship.
3. What is the correct phrasing to ask someone to repeat their message or to indicate you are repeating your message?
(a) Second time.
(b) Say again.
(c) Read back.
4. What s the first indication that the Martha Ann is in danger at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Sudden radio silence.
(b) A continuous thumping sound coming from the bottom of the hull.
(c) Sudden change in sea state.
(d) A thick fog coming up from the ocean surface.
5. How is Dirk's death intended to appear?
(a) Like he eloped with Adrian.
(b) Like a mob hit.
(c) As though he vanished of his own free will after accepting money for secrets.
(d) Accidental drowning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Martha Ann appear old and rusted?
2. What military decoration does Dirk specifically mention having NOT earned?
3. According to CDR Dupree's log, which compartment in the sub is the only compartment breached?
4. What is the Joint Chiefs' decision on what to do with the Starbuck?
5. What is the hull number of the Starbuck?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)