|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does SN Farris react to the battle raging around him on the Martha Ann?
(a) He is dazedly unconcerned, almost disconnected from reality.
(b) He engages in the gun battle, relieved to be able to vent some of his anger at the men from the sea.
(c) He is having a panic attack as he relives the horror of what happened to the
(d) He is asleep.
2. Who are the two men waiting for Dirk in the torpedo room as he tries to escape the submarine with SN Farris?
(a) Crewmembers from the Martha Ann.
(b) Boland and Denver.
(c) CDR Dupree and another of the Starbuck's crew.
3. Who is the author of the manuscript, excerpts of which are transcribed in Chapter 2?
(a) SN Farris.
(b) ADM Hunter.
(c) Dirk Pratt.
(d) CDR Dupree.
4. Why does Dirk's gun do him no good in the shootout with the gray Dodge van that tails him after he leaves the museum?
(a) His aim is terrible.
(b) It is stolen out of his car.
(c) He can't reach it.
(d) He never loaded the ammunition.
5. What is the first year of record for missing ships in the Pacific Vortex?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the giant with the golden eyes been keeping tabs on Dirk's activities?
2. Roughly how large is the Martha Ann in Dirk's estimate?
3. What is a "fo'c's'le"?
4. Why does ADM Sandecker say that Dirk is a security risk because he's read the manuscript?
5. What new ship do Dirk and Al discover while on their underwater mission?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)