|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What smell is associated with the attack on the Lillie Marlene?
(c) Melting plastic.
2. Dirk and Al leave the rescue team to salvage the Starbuck while they go to do what?
(a) Find Summer Moran.
(b) Keep watch for Delphi's men.
(c) Find the entrance to the seamount and rescue Adrian Hunter.
(d) Arrest Delphi.
3. Why does the Martha Ann appear old and rusted?
(a) The sailor's are more interested in maintaining the battleships than a salvage ship.
(b) She is salvaged from the scrap yard.
(c) She's over forty years old.
(d) Clever camouflage paint.
4. What is the Joint Chiefs' decision on what to do with the Starbuck?
(a) Mangle her so that her missiles cannot be launched and then raise her later.
(b) Cover her with motion activated sensors so they can track the activity of Delphi and his men.
(c) Return as soon as possible to restart the salvage expedition.
(d) Leave her where she is.
5. What unusual equipment does LT Stanley sight on the first wreck that the Martha Ann discovers?
(a) A satellite dish.
(b) A gyroscope.
(c) An old Volkswagen beetle.
(d) A farm tractor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dirk's plan of action on the Martha Ann with only two hours to go before dark falls?
2. How long is the hull of the Starbuck?
3. What is the radio code for having found the Starbuck?
4. How long does it take for Dirk to get the helicopter the Martha Ann is carrying from a cold start into the air?
5. Why does Dirk speculate that the Navy has equipped the Martha Ann with a crew of midgets?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)