|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car does Dirk drive?
(a) An antique Chevy pickup.
(b) A Volkswagen beetle.
(c) A Ford Mustang.
(d) An AC Cobra.
2. What is the nickname of the area where the Starbuck went missing?
(a) The Pacific Vortex.
(b) The Bermuda Triangle.
(c) The Laurentian Abyss.
(d) The South China Crevasse.
3. What does Dirk communicate about the sub's crew in his initial message back to the Martha Ann?
(a) They're dead.
(b) There's evidence of a struggle but no bodies.
(c) He doesn't mention the crew.
(d) It's as though they never existed.
4. How long has it been since someone researched the sunken island at George Papaaloa's museum?
(a) No one has ever asked for information about it from George.
(b) Two weeks ago.
(c) Since right after World War Two.
(d) During the Vietnam War.
5. Who does Dirk go in search of before taking off in the helicopter?
(a) More of "Them" to kill.
(b) SN Farris.
(c) The helmsman.
(d) LCDR Boland.
Short Answer Questions
1. In spite of all of the odd people Dirk has met since the beginning of the book, who is it that still haunts him as he gets underway on the Martha Ann?
2. How does LCDR Boland mark the position of the submarine in case they are forced to abandon the site?
3. What is Dirk wearing when he goes to see Admiral Hunter for the first time?
4. What words does LCDR Boland have tattooed on his arm?
5. Who says: "I shot down Admiral Sandecker and his staff over the China Sea."?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)