|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of the manuscript, excerpts of which are transcribed in Chapter 2?
(a) ADM Hunter.
(b) SN Farris.
(c) CDR Dupree.
(d) Dirk Pratt.
2. How does LCDR Boland mark the position of the submarine in case they are forced to abandon the site?
(a) A dye marker.
(b) An electronic waterproof signal transmitter.
(c) An anchored liferaft.
(d) A floating flag buoy.
3. What does the Marine guard at ADM Hunter's building on Pearl Harbor base ask Dirk for when he reports?
(a) His orders.
(b) Recommendations on a barber.
(c) His weapon.
(d) His identification.
4. What does Dirk find in the water when he swims out beyond the breakers at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) A canister encased in yellow plastic marked US Navy.
(b) A yellow scuba tank marked Russian Navy.
(c) A yellow waterproof book with the name of an Admiral on it.
(d) A red life jacket attached to a piece of a Naval uniform.
5. Why is Dirk beginning to distrust his situational awareness after his visit to the museum and George Papaaloa?
(a) He can't concentrate on business because he keeps thinking about Adrian.
(b) He is tired and hungover.
(c) He is seeing beady-eyed malefactors everywhere.
(d) He is feeling naïve and vulnerable after his encounter with Summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dirk start carrying before when he realizes the danger he has put himself in before reporting to Admiral Hunter?
2. What is a "fo'c's'le"?
3. How does Dirk discover LT March after he realizes they are not alone on the submarine?
4. Why is diving on a wrecked submarine different from a wrecked ship for Dirk?
5. How many consonants does the Hawaiian language have?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)