|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since Dirk has had a vacation?
(a) Three years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Four years.
(d) 10 years.
2. What does Dirk discover on the bodies of two the men from the sea that he kills?
(b) A small plastic box adhered to their chests.
(c) Webbed hands and feet.
(d) Green skin and hair.
3. What does "noncom" mean as it is used in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Non-commissioned, meaning not an officer.
(b) Non-communicative, meaning unable or unwilling to speak.
(c) Non-commissioned, meaning not an authorized Naval vessel.
(d) Not-in-compliance, meaning the person or vessel is not obeying instructions.
4. What accounts for the ocean turning a greenish color as the Martha Ann approaches the shallower water of the seamount?
(a) Toxic waste spewing from the submarine's damaged reactor.
(b) A dye marker in the water.
(c) Vegetation growing on the seamount.
(d) Source unknown.
5. What is Dirk's room number?
Short Answer Questions
1. What s the first indication that the Martha Ann is in danger at the beginning of Chapter 11?
2. How many of Them attack Dirk and Adrian?
3. What makes the fog associated with the Pacific Vortex so odd?
4. What is the radio code for having found the Starbuck?
5. What smell is associated with the attack on the Lillie Marlene?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)