|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George Papaaloa ask Dirk about progress on that that Dirk had recently been diving to find?
(a) The burial cave of King Kamehameha.
(b) Iolani Palace.
(c) The burial grounds of the Koolau tribe.
2. How is the Starbuck's reactor room different from previous nuclear submarines?
(a) It is ten times smaller but the reactors are twenty times more powerful.
(b) It is lead shielded to protect the crew better.
(c) It is combined with the engine room and moved to the forward area of the boat.
(d) It is located aft instead of forward.
3. How many men escape with Dirk on the helicopter from the Martha Ann?
(a) All of them plus Farris.
4. How many consonants does the Hawaiian language have?
5. What kind of car does Dirk drive?
(a) A Ford Mustang.
(b) An AC Cobra.
(c) An antique Chevy pickup.
(d) A Volkswagen beetle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unique feature of the Martha Ann's navigational equipment makes her totally crew-independent?
2. How does George Papaaloa describe the last researcher of the sunken island legend?
3. Who is Dirk initially talking to in the bar at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel?
4. How long has it been since Dirk has had a vacation?
5. How does Dirk carry Summer to the hotel?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)