|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dirk describe the smell of a working port as he arrives for his departure on the Martha Ann?
(a) Oil, gasoline, tar and smoke, with a tinge of saltwater.
(b) Reeking of seaweed and petrol with a touch of seagull crap mixed in.
(c) Nauseating and faintly reminiscent of times at sea he'd rather forget.
(d) A heady aroma of saltwater and Hawaiian flowers with just a hint of gasoline to indicate the work at hand.
2. What is the nickname of the area where the Starbuck went missing?
(a) The Pacific Vortex.
(b) The South China Crevasse.
(c) The Laurentian Abyss.
(d) The Bermuda Triangle.
3. What does the message say that the NUMA zoologist received against a microphone he is using to record fish sounds?
(a) An equation for finding the water pressure at the depth the microphone is located.
(b) A physical description of a coven of mermaids.
(c) Einstein's relativity equation.
(d) Directions to the nearest port.
4. Who is Dirk Pitt's father?
(a) A Representative from Minnesota, on the House Armed Services Committee.
(b) A Senator from California, Chairman of the Naval Appropriations Committee.
(c) White House Chief of Staff.
(d) Chief, Joint Chiefs of Staff.
5. Why does Dirk's gun do him no good in the shootout with the gray Dodge van that tails him after he leaves the museum?
(a) His aim is terrible.
(b) He never loaded the ammunition.
(c) He can't reach it.
(d) It is stolen out of his car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What branch of the military does Dirk belong to?
2. Who says: "I shot down Admiral Sandecker and his staff over the China Sea."?
3. How is the boarding party killed according to the San Gabriel's report?
4. How does Dirk know that Summer is lying about her reasons for wanting information on Adrian Hunter?
5. How long has it been since Dirk has had a vacation?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)