|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dirk's new assignment now that he has read the submarine log and reported it?
(a) He is to investigate Russian activity that led to the loss of the Starbuck.
(b) He is go deep undercover to avoid any connection with the missing submarine.
(c) He is to help in the salvage operation of the Starbuck.
(d) He is to help in the government cover-up of the loss of the Starbuck.
2. What is the first year of record for missing ships in the Pacific Vortex?
3. What is the time lapse between the disaster that befell the ship and the beginning of the narrative that ADM Hunter relates?
(b) Five days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Six months.
4. Who is Dirk initially talking to in the bar at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel?
(a) Captain Orl Cinana.
(b) Lieutenant Commander Paul Boland.
(c) Lieutenant Summer Moran.
(d) Commander Burdette Denver.
5. What does Dirk first do with the manuscript he finds?
(a) He puts it back where he found it.
(b) He tosses it in his knapsack for later.
(c) He reads half of it and then puts it away when he realizes it is not for his eyes.
(d) He reads it in its entirety.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since Dirk has had a vacation?
2. What does the manuscript turn out to be?
3. What does Dirk wear to report for his first day of duty with ADM Hunter?
4. What is dangerous about Dirk's swim out to the object in the water?
5. How does Dirk describe the smell of a working port as he arrives for his departure on the Martha Ann?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)