|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is strict radio silence imposed for a US Navy submarine?
(a) When in transit from missions.
(b) When the captain orders it.
(c) At all times.
(d) When a sub is on patrol or on station.
2. Why does Dirk take Summer back to his hotel room after he knocks her out?
(a) To rape her.
(b) To kill her.
(c) To get information from her.
(d) To kidnap her.
3. What is Dirk wearing when he goes to see Admiral Hunter for the first time?
(a) His military uniform.
(b) His bathing suit.
(c) His wetsuit.
(d) His business suit.
4. How does Summer escape Dirk's hotel room?
(a) By knotting towels together and escaping out the window.
(b) By threatening Dirk with a gun.
(c) By knocking Dirk out and running.
(d) By threatening to call the police.
5. Why is the Starbuck's final position report physically impossible?
(a) The submarine is not fast enough to have covered the mileage between her two last position reports.
(b) The geo-coordinates put her position on land.
(c) There is no trace of the submarine at that position.
(d) The water is too shallow for her location.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first year of record for missing ships in the Pacific Vortex?
2. How long has it been since someone researched the sunken island at George Papaaloa's museum?
3. Why does ADM Hunter think the crew could have still escaped and survived?
4. How does George Papaaloa describe the last researcher of the sunken island legend?
5. Who is Adrian Hunter?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)