|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weather phenomenon features in both the reports of the Lillie Marlene and the Starbuck?
(a) A maelstrom or vortex.
(b) A waterspout.
(c) A rogue wave.
(d) An isolated fog bank.
2. Why does ADM Hunter think CDR Dupree ordered his captain's log delivered to him?
(a) CDR Dupree does no such thing, those directions are added later.
(b) CDR Dupree admired ADM Hunter.
(c) CDR Dupree is hallucinating and imagined that ADM Hunter is nearby.
(d) ADM Hunter does not know.
3. Who is Dirk Pitt's father?
(a) A Senator from California, Chairman of the Naval Appropriations Committee.
(b) A Representative from Minnesota, on the House Armed Services Committee.
(c) Chief, Joint Chiefs of Staff.
(d) White House Chief of Staff.
4. What is in the hypodermic syringe that Summer assaults Dirk with?
(a) Scopolamine, exactly as she said.
(b) A heavy dose of AP-23 barbituate, a knockout drug.
(c) DG-10, a deadly poison.
(d) Enough Thorazine to lay out a horse.
5. How does the Starbuck hit the seafloor?
(a) Bow first.
(b) Stern first, almost perpendicular.
(c) Perfectly parallel.
(d) Upside down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides his direction on delivering his message, what is CDR Dupree's final request?
2. Why is diving on a wrecked submarine different from a wrecked ship for Dirk?
3. What does "noncom" mean as it is used in the beginning of Chapter 10?
4. What strikes Dirk as odd about the galley and lounge area of the Starbuck on his initial recon mission with LT March?
5. Where does Dirk land the helicopter after evacuating the Martha Ann?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)