|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Chief Director of the Naval Underwater and Marine Agency?
(a) Captain Orl Cinana.
(b) Admiral Leigh Hunter.
(c) Admiral James Sandecker.
(d) Dirk Pitt.
2. Why is the Starbuck's final position report physically impossible?
(a) There is no trace of the submarine at that position.
(b) The water is too shallow for her location.
(c) The submarine is not fast enough to have covered the mileage between her two last position reports.
(d) The geo-coordinates put her position on land.
3. What two scientists does Dirk report to when he arrives at Pearl Harbor after the attack in his hotel room?
(a) Doctors Ford and Newce.
(b) Doctors Trinidad and Goldman.
(c) Doctors Lavella and Roblemann.
(d) Doctors Chrysler and York.
4. What weather phenomenon features in both the reports of the Lillie Marlene and the Starbuck?
(a) A maelstrom or vortex.
(b) A waterspout.
(c) A rogue wave.
(d) An isolated fog bank.
5. When is strict radio silence imposed for a US Navy submarine?
(a) When in transit from missions.
(b) At all times.
(c) When a sub is on patrol or on station.
(d) When the captain orders it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the Navy extend searches for its missing vessels or crew?
2. Who is Adrian Hunter?
3. How long is the hull of the Starbuck?
4. How does Dirk suggest the captain's log from the Starbuck is forged?
5. How many men escape with Dirk on the helicopter from the Martha Ann?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)