|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "one of the finest undercover salvage operations in the world?"
(a) The 101st Salvage Fleet, ADM Hunter's command.
(b) The Special Projects division of NUMA, Dirk Pitt's command.
(c) The Russian Special Undersea Operators Progam.
(d) NUMA, ADM Sandecker's command.
2. What is Dirk's new assignment now that he has read the submarine log and reported it?
(a) He is to help in the government cover-up of the loss of the Starbuck.
(b) He is to help in the salvage operation of the Starbuck.
(c) He is to investigate Russian activity that led to the loss of the Starbuck.
(d) He is go deep undercover to avoid any connection with the missing submarine.
3. What does Dirk wear to report for his first day of duty with ADM Hunter?
(a) Jeans and a sport coat.
(b) Jeans and a Hawaiian shirt.
(c) Full military dress uniform.
(d) A white suit with a pink shirt.
4. Where is Dirk at the opening of the book?
(a) Canea Bay, Phillippines.
(b) On a volcano called Mount Kaena, HI.
(c) At Kaena Cove, Japan.
(d) On a beach called Kaena Point, HI.
5. Who says to Dirk: "If you keep staring at me, I'll be forced to charge you admission."?
(a) The blonde girl from Dirk's fifth grade class.
(b) Summer Moran.
(c) Capt. Orl Cinana
(d) Adrian Hunter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is one reason the Navy doesn't consider the Starbuck's commanding officer's last statement of position to be credible?
2. How long does it take Dirk to recover himself after Summer attacks him and he knocks her out enough to get them both back to his hotel room?
3. How does Summer escape Dirk's hotel room?
4. What is Dirk's room number?
5. How does George Papaaloa describe the last researcher of the sunken island legend?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)