|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the woman who calls out to Noa on campus in Book Two, Chapter 15?
(a) Kyunghee Baek.
(c) Akiko Fumeki.
(d) Sunja Baek.
2. What does Mozasu want for Solomon as the novel says in Book Three, Chapter 11?
(a) "To reunite Korea and become their democratic leader" (409).
(b) "To be an international man of the world" (409).
(c) "To have a quiet life, free from prejudice" (409).
(d) "To be the top dog in finance" (409).
3. At the end of Book Three, Chapter 8, what does Hansu tell Sunja that Noa does after Sunja leaves Noa's office?
(a) Contact Hansu to a build a relationship together.
(b) Shoot himself.
(c) Absolve himself before God.
(d) Sell his possessions.
4. What does Sunja cook for dinner with Hansu in Book Three, Chapter 4?
(c) Fried chicken.
(d) Chicken jorim and fish jeon.
5. What do Solomon and Hana begin doing after school in Book Three, Chapter 14?
(a) River rafting down the creek.
(b) Throwing stones through windows.
(c) Having sex with one another.
(d) Finding ways to play pranks on the locals kids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yoseb tell Sunja not to do with Koh Hansu in Book One, Chapter 13?
2. What does one of the men at the poker game tease Solomon about at the end of Book Three, Chapter 16?
3. What is Noa's new name in Book Three, Chapter 5 for his life in Nagano?
4. What does Yoseb tell Changho in Book Two, Chapter 14?
5. What does Mozasu do to get Yumi's attention in Book Two, Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Noa's letter to Sunja and the Baek family say Book Two, Chapter Twenty after he learns Hansu is his father?
2. Why does Sunja go to Koh Hansu with Noa in Book Two, Chapter 13 What does Koh Hansu say?
3. What does Noa realize about Akiko's attitude towards him after she interrupts his meeting with Hansu in Book Two, Chapter 19?
4. How does Sunja meet Noa in Book Three, Chapter 8? What does she do when she sees him?
5. How does Mozasu remember experiencing Yumi's funeral in Book Three, Chapter 3?
6. What does Kuroda-san lecture about the Jewish people in Daniel Deronda that Akiko reacts against in Book Two, Chapter 15?
7. What does Ayame find and experience at the park on the walk home from the bathhouse in Book Three, Chapter 6? What does she see and experience when she returns to the park a second time?
8. What does Etsuko think about her role as a mother in Book Three, Chapter 10?
9. Why does Noa go to Nagano in Book Three, Chapter 1 after he finds Hansu is his father?
10. How are the women in Phoebe's family different than in Solomon's family as described in Book Three, Chapter 18? Why is this the case?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)