|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three: Chapter 17 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mozasu find school difficult in Book Two, Chapter 10?
(a) Kids tease him and he struggles with schoolwork.
(b) School is too easy for him.
(c) He does not know how to read.
(d) He wants to run outside and play instead.
2. How much does Yoseb owe the money collector in total as described in Book One, Chapter 16?
(a) 50 sen.
(b) 200 yen.
(c) 120 yen.
(d) 213 yen.
3. Why does Hansu come to see Sunja after Yangjin's funeral in Book Three, Chapter 13?
(a) He wants to offer his condolences.
(b) He worries she is going to go insane with grief over the loss of Noa and her mother.
(c) His wife has died, and he thinks Sunja will marry him.
(d) He is turning into a snake and wants to convert her to sss--scientology.
4. What does Noa say to Sunja before she leaves in Book Three, Chapter 8?
(a) He plans to kill himself.
(b) He traveled to America.
(c) He wants her to meet his children.
(d) He will come by next week.
5. In Book Two, Chapter 20, what does Yoseb say to tell Mozasu about Noa's leaving?
(a) That Noa needs to find a new life.
(b) That school was too hard, so Noa withdrew.
(c) That Noa met a woman, and so he withdrew.
(d) That Noa wants to make money in pachinko, and so he withdrew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kazu tell Solomon as a life lesson in Book Three, Chapter 17?
2. Who does Mozasu meet while he waits for Yumi in Book Two, Chapter 17?
3. Why does Isak travel in spite of his mother and doctor not approving as described in Book One, Chapter 7?
4. Why are the male lodger's clothes not washed often enough as described in Book One, Chapter 3?
5. What does Yoseb tell Sunja not to do with Koh Hansu in Book One, Chapter 13?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)