|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three: Chapter 9 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Koh Hansu tell Sunja to call him in Book One, Chapter 5?
2. Who does Mozasu visit to flirt with in Book Two, Chapter 11?
3. Why is Pastor Shin hesitant to marry Isak and Sunja in Book One, Chapter 10?
(a) He thinks she is immoral for getting pregnant.
(b) He is tired of seeing young couples getting married.
(c) He wants to make sure she will not hurt Isak.
(d) He has never liked Sunja.
4. Where does Noa go to get a job after leaving university in Book Three, Chapter 1?
(a) A Korean restaurant.
(b) A bookkeeper's office.
(c) The local bar.
(d) The local pachinko parlor.
5. What does Kim Changho offer Sunja and Kyunghee when they come to his restaurant for the first time in Book Two, Chapter 2?
(a) A job in his restaurants pouring drinks for customers.
(b) A job in his restaurants cleaning tables.
(c) A free bag of money each week.
(d) A job in his restaurants making kimchi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yoseb try to think about the Japanese police officer who he asks to release Isak in Book Two, Chapter 1?
2. What happens when Sunja goes to Koh Hansu's Osaka house in Book Two, Chapter 20?
3. What does the matchmaker take as signs of the prosperity of Hoonie's family in Book One, Chapter One?
4. What is Noa's embarrassing wish in Book Two, Chapter 15?
5. How was Isak when he was growing up as described in Book One, Chapter 7?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)