|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two: Chapter 1 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Koh Hansu tell Sunja to call him in Book One, Chapter 5?
2. Why does Sunja tell Isak that she can love his God in Book One, Chapter 9?
(a) Because she wants to deceive him.
(b) Because she spoke to the spirits and they said it was ok.
(c) Because she is familiar with spirits and Gods and so thinks she can love his God as well.
(d) Because she will agree with anything that Isak says.
3. Why are the male lodger's clothes not washed often enough as described in Book One, Chapter 3?
(a) They prefer them dirty.
(b) They own very little and do not like to bother to wash clothes that will just get dirty.
(c) They like the smell of fish.
(d) Their clothes do not get very dirty.
4. What does Koh Hansu tell Sunja to be careful for in Book One, Chapter 4?
(a) The colonial government looking for Korean women to take to China.
(b) Slippery rocks.
(d) The crowded marketplace.
5. What does Sunja tell Hansu when she finds out he is married in Book One, Chapter 6?
(a) "I will never see you again" (51).
(b) "My father would have hated you" (51).
(c) "I will be your mistress" (51).
(d) "I want to get married immediately" (51).
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Isak arrive in Yeongdu from Pyongyang in Book One, Chapter 2?
2. What are the Korean market women called as described in Book One, Chapter 4?
3. What does Pastor Shin want Sunja to do in Book One, Chapter 10?
4. Why does Tanaka-san say he will give Kyunghee half the meat she requested in Book One, Chapter 15?
5. Why was Isak surprised he graduated seminary school as described in Book One, Chapter 8?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)