|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: Chapter 5 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Yangjin give birth before Sunja survives in Book One, Chapter One?
(a) Four times.
(b) Three times.
(d) Seven times.
2. Why does Isak travel in spite of his mother and doctor not approving as described in Book One, Chapter 7?
(a) He did not want to stay in Pyongyang any more.
(b) He found life in Korea boring.
(c) The church in Osaka asks him to come.
(d) He wanted to join the revolutionaries in Japan.
3. What does Koh Hansu tell Sunja to be careful for in Book One, Chapter 4?
(b) Slippery rocks.
(c) The crowded marketplace.
(d) The colonial government looking for Korean women to take to China.
4. What does Koh Hansu tell Sunja to call him in Book One, Chapter 5?
5. How was Isak when he was growing up as described in Book One, Chapter 7?
(a) A little boy running about the garden eating apples.
(b) A devout child who only wanted to become a pastor.
(c) A privileged invalid who had servants to help him with what he could not do.
(d) The healthiest young boy in his family
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the male lodger's clothes not washed often enough as described in Book One, Chapter 3?
2. What does Coalman Jan say is Isak's religion in Book One, Chapter 3?
3. What are the Korean market women called as described in Book One, Chapter 4?
4. What does Sunja tell Hansu when she finds out he is married in Book One, Chapter 6?
5. Why does Isak feel spoken to by the Lord to marry Sunja in Book One, Chapter 8?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)