|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: Chapter 13 - 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who packs Sunja's clothes carefully for traveling in Book One, Chapter 11?
2. What does the matchmaker take as signs of the prosperity of Hoonie's family in Book One, Chapter One?
(a) Stacks of gold coins in the corner.
(b) Local village gossips.
(c) Food and livestock both in and outside the house.
(d) Lots of family heirlooms in the house.
3. What does Isak think Sunja will offset about him in their marriage in Book One, Chapter 13?
(a) His "fear of noodles” (111).
(b) His "impractical nature” (111).
(c) His "inability to think of anyone except for himself" (111).
(d) His "impatience" (111).
4. Where had Hansu spent his boyhood exploring as he tells Sunja in Book One, Chapter 5?
(c) The Taejongdae forest.
(d) The Jeju mountain and Halla-san volcano.
5. Where do Sunja and Isak go with Kyunghee and Yoseb after dinner their first night in Osaka in Book One, Chapter 13?
(a) A Japanese bathhouse.
(b) A bar.
(c) A restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Isak travel in spite of his mother and doctor not approving as described in Book One, Chapter 7?
2. What does Yangin go to get after Isak and Sunja’s marriage ceremony in Book One, Chapter 10?
3. What does Sunja sell for Yoseb's debt in Book One, Chapter 16?
4. How had Koh Hansu's father been as described in Book One, Chapter 5?
5. What does Yangjin think about Isak when she first sees him in Book One, Chapter 2?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)