|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "We Are Many," who does the poet talk to when he calls for the fireman?
2. What does the poet say to the marine night in "The Marine Night"?
3. Where does the mermaid go after leaving the bar in "Fable of the Mermaid and the Drunks"?
4. In "Fear," what does the poet complain about?
5. What season is it in "Ode to the Tomato"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the poet describe his home in "Lazybones"?
2. How does Pablo Neruda feel about the sea in "The Sea"?
3. How is "The Names" formatted?
4. What does the poet say he will be like when he returns after death in "I will Come Back"?
5. What does the poet reveal about the lion in "The Lion"?
6. Why is Thursday so long in "The Long Day Called Thursday"?
7. How are the nude's shoulders described in "Ode to a Beautiful Nude"?
8. How does the poet say Cesar Vallejo was exiled in "Ode to Cesar Vallejo"?
9. What is described in "Fiesta's End"?
10. What happens to the fisherman in "The Fisherman"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does colonization play in Pablo Neruda's poetry?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the theme of loneliness in Pablo Neruda's poetry.
Essay Topic 3
What makes Pablo Neruda's "Selected Poems" a cohesive collection of work?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)