|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Watersong Ends," what does the poet say stained the rice fields with blood?
2. In "House," what does the poet say existed before the earth?
(a) Moon and stone.
(b) God and faith.
(c) Water and air.
(d) Stars and sun.
3. Who does the poet describe in "The Pueblo"?
(a) The working man.
(b) The children.
(c) The government.
(d) The warriors.
4. In "Tides," what makes the poet's skeleton?
5. At the end of "Fiesta's End," what does the poet declare?
(a) I am born.
(b) I am here.
(c) I will come again.
(d) I was nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Ode to Laziness," what is freed from the spider's web?
2. What season is it in "Ode to the Tomato"?
3. In "The Builder," where does the poet travel to?
4. In "Fable of the Mermaid and the Drunks," what do the drunks do to the mermaid?
5. In the beginning of "Wine," what does the speaker want to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is described in "Fiesta's End"?
2. How are the nude's shoulders described in "Ode to a Beautiful Nude"?
3. What message does the poet deliver about the albatross in "Not Alone the Albatross"?
4. What is the atmosphere of the setting in "The Pension on the Calle Maruri"?
5. What does the poet say he will be like when he returns after death in "I will Come Back"?
6. How does Pablo Neruda feel about the sea in "The Sea"?
7. How is the ship in "Leviathan" described?
8. What happens to the fisherman in "The Fisherman"?
9. What story is retold in "Furious Struggle Between Seamen and an Octopus of Colossal Size"?
10. Why is Thursday so long in "The Long Day Called Thursday"?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)