|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season is it in "Ode to the Tomato"?
2. How long does the poet say the day will last in "The Long Day Called Thursday"?
(a) All year.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) Until tomorrow.
(d) He can't tell.
3. In "I will come Back," where does the poet say to look for him?
(a) Within the rivers.
(b) Between the stones.
(c) Under the grass.
(d) Behind a tree.
4. Why are the men coming to town in "Leviathan"?
(a) To take over the government.
(b) To hunt whales.
(c) To build cities.
(d) To document the local history.
5. In "The Builder," what does the poet say he will build his likeness from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the poet say about forever in "And How Long?"
2. In "Oh Earth, Wait for Me," what does the poet say the earth's pure gift is?
3. How many lines long is "Ocean"?
4. At the end of "Loneliness," what does Pablo Neruda say about himself?
5. In the second half of "Past," what does the poet say about people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pablo Neruda say about the common man in "The Unknown One"?
2. How does the poet describe his home in "Lazybones"?
3. What message does the poet deliver about the albatross in "Not Alone the Albatross"?
4. How does the speaker in "Wine" act?
5. How does the poet react to the many gods in "Religion in the East"?
6. What does the tomato do in "Ode to the Tomato"?
7. What does the poet say he will be like when he returns after death in "I will Come Back"?
8. In "Past," why does the poet suggest forgetting the past?
9. What story is retold in "Furious Struggle Between Seamen and an Octopus of Colossal Size"?
10. What is described in "Fiesta's End"?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)