|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the storm teach the weak in "Ode to the Storm"?
(a) To fear.
(b) To sing.
(c) To sleep.
(d) To be brave.
2. How many lines long is "Ocean"?
3. What are the windows on the houses like in "The Pension on the Calle Maruri"?
(a) Full of children's faces.
(b) Lighted brightly.
4. In "Too Many Names," where does the poet say names are from?
(b) The earth.
5. In "The Fisherman," where is the fisherman attacking fish?
(a) Off a small dock.
(b) In the open ocean.
(c) In a rock pool.
(d) On a river bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the poet say to the marine night in "The Marine Night"?
2. In "Ode to a Watch at Night," what does the watch sound like?
3. In "I will come Back," where does the poet say to look for him?
4. In "Tides," what do the waves do to the poet?
5. In "Oh Earth, Wait for Me," where does the poet seek to return?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the poet reveal about the lion in "The Lion"?
2. How does the poet say Cesar Vallejo was exiled in "Ode to Cesar Vallejo"?
3. In "Autumn Testament,"what are some of the directions Pablo Neruda gives?
4. How does Pablo Neruda feel about the sea in "The Sea"?
5. What is described in "Fiesta's End"?
6. In "Past," why does the poet suggest forgetting the past?
7. What message does the poet deliver about the albatross in "Not Alone the Albatross"?
8. What does the poet say he will be like when he returns after death in "I will Come Back"?
9. What happens to the fisherman in "The Fisherman"?
10. In "Ode to a Book," what lessons does the poet try to convey?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)