|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Ode to the Storm," what are the storm's eyes like?
(a) Hot rocks.
(b) Empty holes.
(c) Cold fire.
(d) Rough waves.
2. Who does the poet describe in "The Pueblo"?
(a) The government.
(b) The children.
(c) The working man.
(d) The warriors.
3. In "We Are Many," why can't the poet decide who he is?
(a) He never looks in mirrors.
(b) He has many voices.
(c) He lets women decide who he is.
(d) He feels different every day.
4. What does the watch cut down in "Ode to a Watch at Night"?
(a) A rough grassland.
(b) An old house.
(c) A tree.
(d) A building.
5. What are the windows on the houses like in "The Pension on the Calle Maruri"?
(c) Full of children's faces.
(d) Lighted brightly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is listed in "The Names"?
2. In "Memory," what does the poet ask the reader to do?
3. How does the poet know the people he visits in "The Unknown One"?
4. What does the poet say about his friend's face in the rock in "The Portrait in the Rock"?
5. What do the men do with the figurehead when they first find it in "To a Ship's Figurehead"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Past," why does the poet suggest forgetting the past?
2. Why does Pablo Neruda want to be pitied in "Memory"?
3. Why is Thursday so long in "The Long Day Called Thursday"?
4. How does the poet describe his home in "Lazybones"?
5. How does the poet feel while describing the burial in "Ode to the Yellow Bird"?
6. In "The Word," what influences on language does the poet describe?
7. What happens to the fisherman in "The Fisherman"?
8. How is the ship in "Leviathan" described?
9. How are the nude's shoulders described in "Ode to a Beautiful Nude"?
10. In "Ode to a Book," what lessons does the poet try to convey?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)