|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the pearl in "The Long Day Called Thursday"?
(a) The rocks.
(b) The woman's ring.
(c) The poet's tie.
(d) The ocean.
2. What does the poet say the chestnut looks like in "Ode to a Fallen Chestnut"?
(a) A seashell.
(b) A violin.
(c) A newborn baby.
(d) A gemstone.
3. At the end of "Loneliness," what does Pablo Neruda say about himself?
(a) He can't keep doing the same thing.
(b) He will never be the same again.
(c) He may be alone for the rest of his life.
(d) He knows he is loved.
4. In "The Watersong Ends," what does the poet say stained the rice fields with blood?
5. What color is the flag in "The Flag"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the poet look for birds in "Birdwatching Ode"?
2. In "Oh Earth, Wait for Me," what does the poet say the earth's pure gift is?
3. In "Not Alone the Albatross," what does the poet say about the albatross?
4. In "Ode to Cesar Vallejo," what does the poet compare Cesar Vallejo's face to?
5. Who does the poet address in "Poet's Obligation"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Past," why does the poet suggest forgetting the past?
2. What does "The Pueblo" reveal about Pablo Neruda's feelings toward communism?
3. In "Poet's Obligation,"what role does the poet play?
4. In "Ode to a Book," what lessons does the poet try to convey?
5. What is described in "Fiesta's End"?
6. How does the poet say Cesar Vallejo was exiled in "Ode to Cesar Vallejo"?
7. How does the speaker in "Wine" act?
8. How does the poet react to the many gods in "Religion in the East"?
9. How are the nude's shoulders described in "Ode to a Beautiful Nude"?
10. How is the ship in "Leviathan" described?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)