|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does harvest occur in "Being Born in the Woods"?
2. In "Lone Gentleman," what does the poet call the people around him?
(c) Lost souls.
3. In "Ode with a Lament," when does the poet realize he is too old for the woman?
(a) When she tells him.
(b) When he sees her up close.
(c) When he looks in a mirror.
(d) When he falls asleep early.
4. Where does God in "A Soldier Sleeps" say the soldier is from?
(b) The mountains.
(c) The sea.
(d) The flames.
5. What flows like a tide in "I'm Explaining a Few Things"?
(a) The blood of Spain.
(b) His sould.
(c) The rivers in France.
(d) Warring soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the "black days" in "Bleak System"?
2. What emotion is detailed in the beginning of "Ars Poetica"?
3. How are riders described in "Dream Horses"?
4. At the end of "Barcarole," who does the poet say won't listen to him?
5. In "Tonight I can Write," what does the poet say he could write?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Love, American (1400)," what does the poet say remains?
2. How does the poet connect the woman in "Body of a Woman" to nature?
3. At the end of "The Heights of Macchu Picchu," what does the poet see?
4. What does the poet say about rules in "Nocturnal Statutes"?
5. Why does the poet feel he is the witness in "Signifying Shadows"?
6. In "The Way into Wood," how does Pablo Neruda describe nature?
7. In "I'm Explaining a Few Things," what answer does the poet give for why he no longer writes love poems?
8. In "Waltz," what does the poet say about himself?
9. What is unique about the river in "Death Alone"?
10. Why does the poet talk about fabric in "Weak with the Dawn"?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)