|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Signifying Shadows," what is the poet's calling?
2. In "Nocturnal Collection," what does the poet say he conquered?
3. In "The Wave," what does the poet describe as being a flower?
(a) The wave.
(b) The entire ocean.
(c) A man in a boat.
(d) A fish.
4. In the beginning of "The Great Ocean," what does the poet ask of Ocean?
5. At the end of "Tonight I can Write," how does the poet say he feels?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the poet compare dreaming to in "Nocturnal Collection"?
2. In "Waltz," what does the poet say to not expect to find?
3. In "Alliance (Sonata)," what time of day is it?
4. How are riders described in "Dream Horses"?
5. In "Love, America (1400)," what does the poet say America has no word for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the funeral like in "Burial in the East"?
2. How does the poet end "Antarctic"?
3. In "Love, American (1400)," what does the poet say remains?
4. What does the poet describe in "Rapa Nui"?
5. In "Ode with a Lament," what problem does the poet face regarding the woman?
6. In "The Way into Wood," how does Pablo Neruda describe nature?
7. What do the shadows do to the poet in "Thinking, Tangling Shadows"?
8. In "I'm Explaining a Few Things," what answer does the poet give for why he no longer writes love poems?
9. In "The Great Ocean," what does the poet say about nature?
10. In "Absence of Joaquin," what does the poet wonder about his own life?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)