|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Weak with the Dawn" question?
2. In "Nocturnal Collection," what does the poet say he conquered?
3. At the end of "Education of the Chieftain," what does the chief become?
4. In "Ah Vastness of Pines," what geographic feature does the poet describe in the first four lines?
(a) A river.
(b) A mountain range.
(c) An ocean.
(d) A plain.
5. What does the poet relate the woman's body to in "Body of a Woman"?
(a) The heavens.
(b) Scientific discovery.
(c) The earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "A Soldier Sleeps," what does God realize?
2. When does harvest occur in "Being Born in the Woods"?
3. In lines 4-8 of "Tang," who does the poet describe?
4. In "Alliance (Sonata)," what time of day is it?
5. In "Absence of Joaquin," what defines the friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Walking Around," how does the poet feel about walking?
2. How does the poet use the image of a seed in "Being Born in the Woods"?
3. What is unique about the river in "Death Alone"?
4. What role does the river play in "Battle of the Jarama River"?
5. What do the shadows do to the poet in "Thinking, Tangling Shadows"?
6. In "The Great Ocean," what does the poet say about nature?
7. How does the poet connect the woman in "Body of a Woman" to nature?
8. What powers does the creature possess in "Every Day you Play"?
9. How do the last three lines of "I Have Gone Marking" differ from the rest of the poem?
10. At the end of "The Heights of Macchu Picchu," what does the poet see?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)