|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Unknown One," what does the poet say will happen to common people?
(a) History will forget them.
(b) He will write about them.
(c) The waves will wash them away.
(d) The street will devour them.
2. In "The Builder," what does the poet say he will build his likeness from?
3. In "The Lion," what is wrong with the lion's claws?
(a) They are broken.
(b) They are missing.
(c) They are idle.
(d) They are cursed.
4. In "Bestiary," what does the poet call the spider?
(a) A crusader.
(b) A woman.
(c) An engineer.
(d) A villian.
5. In "Too Many Names," where does the poet say names are from?
(a) The earth.
6. What does the poet desire in "Bestiary"?
(a) To become an animal.
(b) To speak with animals.
(c) To work at a zoo.
(d) To keep animals as pets.
7. What is listed in "The Names"?
(a) Names of cities.
(b) Names of women the poet has loved.
(c) Names the poet has given himself.
(d) Names of the poet's friends.
8. In "Oh Earth, Wait for Me," what does the poet say the earth's pure gift is?
9. What color is the flag in "The Flag"?
10. In "Poet's Obligation," where does the poet say he gathers his poetry?
(a) On sheets of paper.
(b) In a cup.
(c) In his brain.
(d) In boxes.
11. How many lines long is "Ocean"?
12. Who does the poet address in "Poet's Obligation"?
(a) People in jail.
(b) People not listening to the sea.
(c) Women at home with their children.
(d) Agents of God.
13. In "Ode to a Beautiful Nude," what resides in the nude's eyes?
14. What do the men do with the figurehead when they first find it in "To a Ship's Figurehead"?
(a) The put it back in front of the boat.
(b) They take it home.
(c) The bring it on the boat.
(d) They place it on the sand.
15. What does the storm teach the weak in "Ode to the Storm"?
(a) To be brave.
(b) To sing.
(c) To fear.
(d) To sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of "Wine," what does the speaker want to do?
2. What does the poet ask in the beginning of "Autumn Testament"?
3. How does the poet describe the dawn in "The Night in Isla Negra"?
4. What does the poet say the chestnut looks like in "Ode to a Fallen Chestnut"?
5. In "Wine," what does the speaker desire to be?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)