|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Wave," what does the poet describe as being a flower?
(a) The wave.
(b) A fish.
(c) A man in a boat.
(d) The entire ocean.
2. In "The Way Spain Was," what does the poet say has affected Spain?
(a) A controlling leader.
(b) A false god.
(c) An attack from the outside.
(d) A lapse in art.
3. At the end of "Dream Horses," what does the poet wish for?
(a) To trade dreams with someone else.
(b) To record his dreams.
(c) To stop having dreams.
(d) To live dreams.
4. What does the poet relate the woman's body to in "Body of a Woman"?
(b) Scientific discovery.
(c) The earth.
(d) The heavens.
5. In "Alliance (Sonata)," what time of day is it?
(b) Late night.
(c) Early evening.
6. How are riders described in "Dream Horses"?
(a) As being a burden.
(b) As being leaders.
(c) As being women.
(d) As being in trouble.
7. How does Almagro conquer the land in "Discoverers of Chile"?
(a) With steel.
(b) With faith.
(c) With men.
(d) With fire.
8. What makes the school of fish unique in "The Fish and the Drowned Man"?
(a) It is made up of many types of fish.
(b) It include men.
(c) It is very large.
(d) It is very small.
9. Which is the father river in "Entrance of the Rivers"?
(a) Bio Bio.
10. Why are the oxen red in "Bleak System"?
(a) The poet is hallucinating.
(b) They are newborns.
(c) They have been painted.
(d) They are bloody.
11. In "Rain," what does the poet say the shore loves?
(a) The island.
(b) The ocean.
12. In stanza 4 of "Battle of the Jarama River," what is said about the river?
(a) It cannot be conquered.
(b) It knows the truth.
(c) It will never flow again.
(d) It is stained forever.
13. At the end of "Education of the Chieftain," what does the chief become?
14. How many sections does "The Magellan Heart" have?
15. What is Rapa Nui in "Rapa Nui"?
(a) A major city.
(b) A group of natives.
(c) A book.
(d) An island.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Nocturnal Statutes," what does reality differ from?
2. In the last ten lines of "Death Alone," what object does the poet connect to death?
3. What are the "black days" in "Bleak System"?
4. In "Ah Vastness of Pines," what geographic feature does the poet describe in the first four lines?
5. In the beginning of "Entrance of the Rivers," what is the river called?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)