|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Loneliness | Memory | The Long Day Called Thursday.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it difficult to see in "Thinking, Tangling Shadows"?
(a) Because of night time.
(b) Because of a fog.
(c) Because of the crowd.
(d) Because of closed eyes.
2. What does the fisherman use to fish with in "The Fisherman"?
(a) An antique fishing rod.
(b) A modern fishing pole.
(c) A spear.
(d) A net.
3. In "Fear," what does the poet complain about?
(a) His lack of money.
(b) People telling him what to do.
(c) Never finding love.
(d) Being afraid of his future.
4. In "Poet's Obligation," where does the poet say he gathers his poetry?
(a) On sheets of paper.
(b) In his brain.
(c) In boxes.
(d) In a cup.
5. At the end of "The Brutalized Birds," what does the man do?
(a) Shoots a bird.
(b) Puts the birds in a cage.
(c) Sell the birds' eggs.
(d) Builds the birds a new nest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is the father river in "Entrance of the Rivers"?
2. In "They Come For the Islands," who witnesses the destruction of the island?
3. In "Ode to the Storm," what are the storm's eyes like?
4. What does the poet compare dreaming to in "Nocturnal Collection"?
5. What does the poet say he used to be called in "Fiesta's End"?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)