|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Loneliness | Memory | The Long Day Called Thursday.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poet consider in "Sonata and Destructions"?
(a) His death.
(b) His birth.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His career.
2. Why do the clothes in "Ode to Clothes" wait?
(a) To turn into humans.
(b) To be thrown away.
(c) To be taken off.
(d) To be useful.
3. In "Waltz," what does the poet say to not expect to find?
(a) Justice from the government.
(b) Him as he used to be.
(c) Love as it is meant to be.
(d) War in times of peace.
4. What does the storm teach the weak in "Ode to the Storm"?
(a) To fear.
(b) To sleep.
(c) To sing.
(d) To be brave.
5. What is the house in "House"?
(a) The earth.
(b) The poet's apartment.
(c) The poet's body.
(d) The poet's parents' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Rain," what does the poet say the shore loves?
2. What does the poet say about the sea at the end of "The Sea"?
3. In "Barcarole," what is the red arrow?
4. What makes the school of fish unique in "The Fish and the Drowned Man"?
5. Why does the poet say he will say nothing in "I will Come Back"?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)