|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Loneliness | Memory | The Long Day Called Thursday.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "The Brutalized Birds," what does the man do?
(a) Shoots a bird.
(b) Puts the birds in a cage.
(c) Sell the birds' eggs.
(d) Builds the birds a new nest.
2. In "Absence of Joaquin," what defines the friend?
(a) His wife.
(b) His death.
(c) His education.
(d) His money.
3. What does the poet say about forever in "And How Long?"
(a) What it means to say forever.
(b) If he'll see forever.
(c) How long forever lasts.
(d) Who knows what forever is.
4. How does Pablo Neruda describe his loneliness in "Loneliness"?
(a) The "self-alone."
(b) The "not-happening."
(c) The "life-change."
(d) The "slow-coming."
5. What warms the poet in "The Pension on the Calle Maruri"?
(c) A sunny day.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "Pact (Sonata)," what does the poet ask?
2. In "Fable of the Mermaid and the Drunks," what do the drunks do to the mermaid?
3. What type of flower is the sudden flower in "The Poet"?
4. What is ruined at the end of "There's No Forgetting"?
5. When describing things in "Autumn Returns," what does the poet focus on?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)