|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Loneliness | Memory | The Long Day Called Thursday.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When describing things in "Autumn Returns," what does the poet focus on?
(a) The way they sound.
(b) Their textures.
(c) The way they smell.
(d) Their colors.
2. What does the poet say the chestnut looks like in "Ode to a Fallen Chestnut"?
(a) A seashell.
(b) A gemstone.
(c) A violin.
(d) A newborn baby.
3. In "Ocean," what does the salt do?
(a) Taint the water.
(b) Build rocks.
(c) Get inside of cuts.
(d) Wash itself away.
4. In the beginning of "Wine," what does the speaker want to do?
5. In "Leaning into the Afternoons," what does the poet say he resembles when he loves?
(a) A moon.
(c) The sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do all the people in "Lone Gentleman" do in the first lines of the poem?
2. Why does the poet make funeral arrangements in "And How Long?"
3. What does the poet say will happen if people stop naming in "Too Many Names"?
4. In "We Are Many," why can't the poet decide who he is?
5. What does the poet say about his friend's face in the rock in "The Portrait in the Rock"?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)