|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Loneliness | Memory | The Long Day Called Thursday.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poet say to the marine night in "The Marine Night"?
(a) That he loves it.
(c) That he wants to become it.
(d) That he is sorry.
2. In "We Are Many," why can't the poet decide who he is?
(a) He lets women decide who he is.
(b) He feels different every day.
(c) He never looks in mirrors.
(d) He has many voices.
3. What do the men do with the figurehead when they first find it in "To a Ship's Figurehead"?
(a) The put it back in front of the boat.
(b) They take it home.
(c) The bring it on the boat.
(d) They place it on the sand.
4. What season is it in "Ode to the Tomato"?
5. In the beginning of "The Ships," what do the ships carry?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the second half of "Past," what does the poet say about people?
2. What does the storm teach the weak in "Ode to the Storm"?
3. In "Rain," what are the Queen's hands compared to?
4. What does the poet see in the ocean in "Oceanic South"?
5. At the end of "A Soldier Sleeps," what does God realize?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)