|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poet's Obligation | The Word | Ocean.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rules does the poet say exist for human creativity in "Nocturnal Statutes"?
(a) No rules exist.
(b) You can't hurt others.
(c) Avoid copying someone else's work.
(d) Work hard.
2. In "Tonight I can Write," what does the poet say he could write?
(a) A novel.
(b) The truth.
(d) Sad lines.
3. Why is the poet angry in the beginning of "Waltz"?
(a) Because he lost his job.
(b) Because he feels like he is in a rut.
(c) Because he has been left by a woman.
(d) Because he was robbed.
4. In "Ode to a Watch at Night," what does the watch sound like?
(a) An ocean wave.
(b) A crying baby.
(c) A beating heart.
(d) A dog barking.
5. When describing things in "Autumn Returns," what does the poet focus on?
(a) Their colors.
(b) The way they sound.
(c) Their textures.
(d) The way they smell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps the figurehead with the men at the end of the poem in "To a Ship's Figurehead"?
2. In "Barcarole," what is the red arrow?
3. In "Rain," what does the poet say the shore loves?
4. In "In Spite of Wrath," the light comes in spite of what?
5. In "Signifying Shadows," what is the poet's calling?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)