|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poet's Obligation | The Word | Ocean.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In lines 4-8 of "Tang," who does the poet describe?
2. What do the men do with the figurehead when they first find it in "To a Ship's Figurehead"?
(a) The bring it on the boat.
(b) The put it back in front of the boat.
(c) They take it home.
(d) They place it on the sand.
3. Who knocks on the door in "Ode to the Tomato"?
(b) The poet.
(c) A chicken.
4. What does the poet compare dreaming to in "Nocturnal Collection"?
5. What does the poet say about his friend's face in the rock in "The Portrait in the Rock"?
(a) That it is too permanent.
(b) That it is cracked.
(c) That it resembles his own youth.
(d) That it is his own country.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the poet when was gold pure in "Gold"?
2. What do all the people in "Lone Gentleman" do in the first lines of the poem?
3. What does the poet say about forever in "And How Long?"
4. Why is it difficult to see in "Thinking, Tangling Shadows"?
5. In "Signifying Shadows," what is the poet's calling?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)