|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poet's Obligation | The Word | Ocean.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the poet say he wrote "I'm Explaining a Few Things"?
(a) To avoid being fired.
(b) To explain his politics.
(c) To restart his writing career.
(d) To answer the readers' questions.
2. At the end of "Fiesta's End," what does the poet declare?
(a) I am here.
(b) I was nothing.
(c) I will come again.
(d) I am born.
3. In "Leaning into the Afternoons," what does the poet say he resembles when he loves?
(b) The sun.
(d) A moon.
4. What type of flower is the sudden flower in "The Poet"?
(a) A tulip.
(b) A lily.
(c) A carnation.
(d) A rose.
5. What do the men do with the figurehead when they first find it in "To a Ship's Figurehead"?
(a) They place it on the sand.
(b) The bring it on the boat.
(c) The put it back in front of the boat.
(d) They take it home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Lone Gentleman," what does the poet call the people around him?
2. What does the storm teach the weak in "Ode to the Storm"?
3. In "Signifying Shadows," what is the poet's calling?
4. What question does the poet ask in "Absence of Joaquin"?
5. In "We Are Many," who does the poet talk to when he calls for the fireman?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)