|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poet's Obligation | The Word | Ocean.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "We Are Many," who does the poet talk to when he calls for the fireman?
(a) A fireman.
(b) A fireman's wife.
(c) An elderly man.
(d) An arsonist.
2. In "Ah Vastness of Pines," what geographic feature does the poet describe in the first four lines?
(a) A river.
(b) A mountain range.
(c) An ocean.
(d) A plain.
3. What does the poet ask in the beginning of "Autumn Testament"?
(a) To move or to stay.
(b) To seek help or to try alone.
(c) To die or not to die.
(d) To live or to fly.
4. In "Ode to a Beautiful Nude," what resides in the nude's eyes?
5. Why do the clothes in "Ode to Clothes" wait?
(a) To be useful.
(b) To turn into humans.
(c) To be thrown away.
(d) To be taken off.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Way into Wood," what does the poet say about apologies?
2. How does the poet feel about the prostitute in "The Night of the Soldier"?
3. What are the "black days" in "Bleak System"?
4. In "I will come Back," where does the poet say to look for him?
5. In "The Portrait in the Rock," what do the police do to the poet's friend?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)