|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode to a Beautiful Nude | And How Long? | Fable of the Mermaid and the Drunks | Fear.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poet say is buried in the sand in "Rapa Nui"?
(d) The truth.
2. In "Rain," what does the poet say the shore loves?
(c) The ocean.
(d) The island.
3. In "The Great Ocean," why does the poet say people cannot harm the ocean?
(a) They can harm the ocean.
(b) It is a god.
(c) It is too frightening.
(d) It is so great.
4. At the end of "Some Beasts," what do the animals wait for?
(a) Their deaths.
(b) Their prey.
(c) A savior.
(d) A flood.
5. How does the poet immortalize himself in "Signifying Shadows"?
(a) Through writing.
(b) By taking pictures of himself.
(c) He says he can't immortalize himself.
(d) Through prayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the storm teach the weak in "Ode to the Storm"?
2. In "Ode to Cesar Vallejo," what does the poet compare Cesar Vallejo's face to?
3. In "Wine," what does the speaker desire to be?
4. In "Love, America (1400)," what does the poet say America has no word for?
5. In "Signifying Shadows," what is the poet's calling?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)