|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Spite of Wrath | Education of the Chieftain | Gold | The Poet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poet consider in "Sonata and Destructions"?
(a) His career.
(b) His death.
(c) His birth.
(d) His wealth.
2. In "Leaning into the Afternoons," what does the poet say he resembles when he loves?
(a) The sun.
(c) A moon.
3. According to the poet when was gold pure in "Gold"?
(a) When it was found on women.
(c) When it was in the earth.
(d) When it was discovered by man.
4. How many sections does "The Magellan Heart" have?
5. Which is the father river in "Entrance of the Rivers"?
(c) Bio Bio.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Nocturnal Statutes," what does reality differ from?
2. What rules does the poet say exist for human creativity in "Nocturnal Statutes"?
3. What does "Widower's Tango" resemble?
4. How are riders described in "Dream Horses"?
5. In "Ode with a Lament," when does the poet realize he is too old for the woman?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)