|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Spite of Wrath | Education of the Chieftain | Gold | The Poet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "A Soldier Sleeps," what does God realize?
(a) He can't fight with the soldier.
(b) He can't become a soldier.
(c) He can't wake the soldier up.
(d) He can't move the soldier.
2. In "Ode with a Lament," when does the poet realize he is too old for the woman?
(a) When she tells him.
(b) When he sees her up close.
(c) When he falls asleep early.
(d) When he looks in a mirror.
3. When does harvest occur in "Being Born in the Woods"?
4. In "Signifying Shadows," what is the poet's calling?
5. In "The Way Spain Was," what does the poet say has affected Spain?
(a) A controlling leader.
(b) A lapse in art.
(c) A false god.
(d) An attack from the outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is evoked in the beginning of "Serenade"?
2. In "Death Alone," what does the poet first describe?
3. In "In Spite of Wrath," what is built after the holocaust?
4. What does "Widower's Tango" resemble?
5. In "Lone Gentleman," what does the poet call the people around him?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)