|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Spite of Wrath | Education of the Chieftain | Gold | The Poet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Nocturnal Collection," what does the poet say he conquered?
2. In lines 4-8 of "Tang," who does the poet describe?
3. What are the "black days" in "Bleak System"?
(b) A time of war.
(c) Being in love.
(d) When the poet was ill.
4. How is Marisol described in "Every Day you Play"?
5. In "Nocturnal Statutes," what does reality differ from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do all the people in "Lone Gentleman" do in the first lines of the poem?
2. In "Burial in the East," what does the poet say happens to the corpses before burial?
3. In "Ode with a Lament," when does the poet realize he is too old for the woman?
4. What does the poet say was lost in "Love, America (1400)"?
5. In "Brussels," what does the poet say moves too quickly?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)