|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Spite of Wrath | Education of the Chieftain | Gold | The Poet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "Pact (Sonata)," what does the poet ask?
(a) For the woman to move with him.
(b) For the woman to leave him alone.
(c) For the woman to fix his heart.
(d) For the woman to remain with him.
2. According to the poet when was gold pure in "Gold"?
(b) When it was found on women.
(c) When it was in the earth.
(d) When it was discovered by man.
3. How does the poet feel about the prostitute in "The Night of the Soldier"?
(a) That she is destructuve.
(b) That she is perfection.
(c) That she needs saving.
(d) That she is caring.
4. At the end of "Education of the Chieftain," what does the chief become?
5. Why are the oxen red in "Bleak System"?
(a) They have been painted.
(b) The poet is hallucinating.
(c) They are bloody.
(d) They are newborns.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Barcarole," what is the red arrow?
2. In "Brussels," what does the poet say moves too quickly?
3. What does "Weak with the Dawn" question?
4. In "Nocturnal Collection," what does the poet say he conquered?
5. When describing things in "Autumn Returns," what does the poet focus on?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)