|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Spite of Wrath | Education of the Chieftain | Gold | The Poet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poet see in the ocean in "Oceanic South"?
(a) A shipwreck.
(b) A school of fish.
(c) A ray of light.
(d) A lonely island.
2. What do all the people in "Lone Gentleman" do in the first lines of the poem?
(a) Take a vacation.
(b) Greet each other.
(c) Fall in love.
(d) Drink wine.
3. Why is it difficult to see in "Thinking, Tangling Shadows"?
(a) Because of closed eyes.
(b) Because of a fog.
(c) Because of the crowd.
(d) Because of night time.
4. At the end of "Pact (Sonata)," what does the poet ask?
(a) For the woman to remain with him.
(b) For the woman to leave him alone.
(c) For the woman to move with him.
(d) For the woman to fix his heart.
5. How is Marisol described in "Every Day you Play"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the poet compare his lover to in "I Have Gone Marking"?
2. In the beginning of "Ode with a Lament," what does the poet say the woman is ready for?
3. What do the bells in "Autumn Returns" mean?
4. In "Nocturnal Statutes," what does reality differ from?
5. When does harvest occur in "Being Born in the Woods"?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)