|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Love, America (1400) | Some Beasts | Entrance of the Rivers | The Heights of Macchu Picchu.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Leaning into the Afternoons," what does the poet cast sad nets toward?
(a) A pair of eyes.
(b) A pile of money.
(c) An open heart.
(d) A city.
2. Why does the poet say he wrote "I'm Explaining a Few Things"?
(a) To restart his writing career.
(b) To explain his politics.
(c) To avoid being fired.
(d) To answer the readers' questions.
3. In "Nocturnal Collection," what does the poet say he conquered?
4. Why is the poet angry in the beginning of "Waltz"?
(a) Because he has been left by a woman.
(b) Because he feels like he is in a rut.
(c) Because he lost his job.
(d) Because he was robbed.
5. What does the poet say was lost in "Love, America (1400)"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In stanza 4 of "Battle of the Jarama River," what is said about the river?
2. What does the poet compare dreaming to in "Nocturnal Collection"?
3. What do the bells in "Autumn Returns" mean?
4. Which is the father river in "Entrance of the Rivers"?
5. In "Death Alone," what does the poet first describe?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)