|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Love, America (1400) | Some Beasts | Entrance of the Rivers | The Heights of Macchu Picchu.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After recounting a sexual experience in "Furies and Sufferings," what does the poet do?
(a) Ask questions.
(b) End the poem.
(d) Start a new story.
2. What are the "black days" in "Bleak System"?
(a) When the poet was ill.
(c) A time of war.
(d) Being in love.
3. What is ruined at the end of "There's No Forgetting"?
(a) A river.
(b) A mountain.
(c) A tree.
(d) A field.
4. In "Nocturnal Collection," what does the poet say he conquered?
5. In "Love, America (1400)," what does the poet say America has no word for?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Leaning into the Afternoons," what does the poet cast sad nets toward?
2. In "Absence of Joaquin," what defines the friend?
3. What question does the poet ask in "Absence of Joaquin"?
4. At the end of "Barcarole," who does the poet say won't listen to him?
5. What do the bells in "Autumn Returns" mean?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)