|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Love, America (1400) | Some Beasts | Entrance of the Rivers | The Heights of Macchu Picchu.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Ode with a Lament," when does the poet realize he is too old for the woman?
(a) When he sees her up close.
(b) When she tells him.
(c) When he falls asleep early.
(d) When he looks in a mirror.
2. In "Love, America (1400)," what does the poet say America has no word for?
3. In "Unity," what does the poet say humans share a unity with?
(a) The world.
(b) Each other.
4. What does the poet say was lost in "Love, America (1400)"?
5. In stanza 4 of "Battle of the Jarama River," what is said about the river?
(a) It is stained forever.
(b) It cannot be conquered.
(c) It knows the truth.
(d) It will never flow again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the poet compare dreaming to in "Nocturnal Collection"?
2. At the end of "Pact (Sonata)," what does the poet ask?
3. What does the poet consider in "Sonata and Destructions"?
4. In "Barcarole," what is the red arrow?
5. Why does the poet say he wrote "I'm Explaining a Few Things"?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)