|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Love, America (1400) | Some Beasts | Entrance of the Rivers | The Heights of Macchu Picchu.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poet compare his lover to in "I Have Gone Marking"?
(a) A car.
(b) A map.
(c) A bird.
(d) A book.
2. In "Ah Vastness of Pines," what geographic feature does the poet describe in the first four lines?
(a) A mountain range.
(b) A river.
(c) An ocean.
(d) A plain.
3. How does the poet immortalize himself in "Signifying Shadows"?
(a) Through prayer.
(b) He says he can't immortalize himself.
(c) Through writing.
(d) By taking pictures of himself.
4. When does harvest occur in "Being Born in the Woods"?
5. How many parts does the poet break "The Heights of Macchu Picchu" into?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the poet relate the woman's body to in "Body of a Woman"?
2. What flows like a tide in "I'm Explaining a Few Things"?
3. What question does the poet ask in "Absence of Joaquin"?
4. In "Love, America (1400)," what does the poet say America has no word for?
5. In "Alliance (Sonata)," what time of day is it?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)