|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Love, America (1400) | Some Beasts | Entrance of the Rivers | The Heights of Macchu Picchu.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of "Entrance of the Rivers," what is the river called?
(a) A home for people.
(b) A giver of life.
(c) A curer of disease.
(d) A wave to ride.
2. What do the bells in "Autumn Returns" mean?
(a) That it is time for church.
(b) That it is six o'clock.
(c) That someone has been saved.
(d) That someone has died.
3. In stanza 4 of "Battle of the Jarama River," what is said about the river?
(a) It is stained forever.
(b) It knows the truth.
(c) It cannot be conquered.
(d) It will never flow again.
4. What does the poet consider in "Sonata and Destructions"?
(a) His birth.
(b) His death.
(c) His career.
(d) His wealth.
5. What do all the people in "Lone Gentleman" do in the first lines of the poem?
(a) Take a vacation.
(b) Greet each other.
(c) Drink wine.
(d) Fall in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. After recounting a sexual experience in "Furies and Sufferings," what does the poet do?
2. In "Absence of Joaquin," what defines the friend?
3. Why is it difficult to see in "Thinking, Tangling Shadows"?
4. What does the poet see in the ocean in "Oceanic South"?
5. At the end of "Dream Horses," what does the poet wish for?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)