|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Love, America (1400) | Some Beasts | Entrance of the Rivers | The Heights of Macchu Picchu.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Unity," what does the poet say humans share a unity with?
(a) The world.
(d) Each other.
2. In the beginning of "Ode with a Lament," what does the poet say the woman is ready for?
(a) To be held.
(b) To be kissed.
(c) To be broken.
(d) To be drank.
3. In "Waltz," what does the poet say to not expect to find?
(a) Justice from the government.
(b) War in times of peace.
(c) Love as it is meant to be.
(d) Him as he used to be.
4. At the end of "Tonight I can Write," how does the poet say he feels?
5. What does the creature play with in "Every Day you Play"?
(a) The moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "Some Beasts," what do the animals wait for?
2. What emotion is detailed in the beginning of "Ars Poetica"?
3. How does the poet immortalize himself in "Signifying Shadows"?
4. In the last ten lines of "Death Alone," what object does the poet connect to death?
5. What flows like a tide in "I'm Explaining a Few Things"?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)