|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death Alone | Barcarole | Oceanic South | Walking Around.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do all the people in "Lone Gentleman" do in the first lines of the poem?
(a) Fall in love.
(b) Drink wine.
(c) Take a vacation.
(d) Greet each other.
2. What does "Widower's Tango" resemble?
(a) A dialogue.
(b) A short story.
(c) A letter.
(d) A play.
3. In "Nocturnal Statutes," what does reality differ from?
4. What are the "black days" in "Bleak System"?
(a) Being in love.
(c) When the poet was ill.
(d) A time of war.
5. What rules does the poet say exist for human creativity in "Nocturnal Statutes"?
(a) Work hard.
(b) You can't hurt others.
(c) Avoid copying someone else's work.
(d) No rules exist.
Short Answer Questions
1. In lines 4-8 of "Tang," who does the poet describe?
2. How does the poet describe the guitar in "Tang"?
3. What question does the poet ask in "Absence of Joaquin"?
4. What does the poet compare his lover to in "I Have Gone Marking"?
5. Why are the oxen red in "Bleak System"?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)