|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death Alone | Barcarole | Oceanic South | Walking Around.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the poet describe the guitar in "Tang"?
(a) Loud but weak.
(b) Silent but powerful.
(c) Empty but full.
(d) Broken but valuable.
2. What does the poet compare his lover to in "I Have Gone Marking"?
(a) A book.
(b) A car.
(c) A bird.
(d) A map.
3. In "Alliance (Sonata)," what time of day is it?
(a) Late night.
(d) Early evening.
4. Why is it difficult to see in "Thinking, Tangling Shadows"?
(a) Because of night time.
(b) Because of closed eyes.
(c) Because of the crowd.
(d) Because of a fog.
5. At the end of "Tonight I can Write," how does the poet say he feels?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Tonight I can Write," what does the poet say he could write?
2. In "Death Alone," what does the poet first describe?
3. What does the creature play with in "Every Day you Play"?
4. In lines 4-8 of "Tang," who does the poet describe?
5. What does the poet compare dreaming to in "Nocturnal Collection"?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)