|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death Alone | Barcarole | Oceanic South | Walking Around.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poet compare dreaming to in "Nocturnal Collection"?
2. In the last ten lines of "Death Alone," what object does the poet connect to death?
(a) A broom.
(b) A pot.
(c) A bed.
(d) A sink.
3. What does the poet relate the woman's body to in "Body of a Woman"?
(a) Scientific discovery.
(c) The earth.
(d) The heavens.
4. In "Body of a Woman," what does the poet say he will persist in?
(a) Bodily pain.
(b) His faith.
(c) Her grace.
(d) The truth.
5. What does the creature play with in "Every Day you Play"?
(d) The moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is evoked in the beginning of "Serenade"?
2. What does the poet compare his lover to in "I Have Gone Marking"?
3. What question does the poet ask in "Absence of Joaquin"?
4. In "Leaning into the Afternoons," what does the poet say he resembles when he loves?
5. In "Oceanic South," what does the poet have left?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)