|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death Alone | Barcarole | Oceanic South | Walking Around.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rules does the poet say exist for human creativity in "Nocturnal Statutes"?
(a) Avoid copying someone else's work.
(b) You can't hurt others.
(c) Work hard.
(d) No rules exist.
2. What does the poet see in the ocean in "Oceanic South"?
(a) A lonely island.
(b) A school of fish.
(c) A ray of light.
(d) A shipwreck.
3. How does the poet feel about the prostitute in "The Night of the Soldier"?
(a) That she is perfection.
(b) That she is caring.
(c) That she needs saving.
(d) That she is destructuve.
4. How are riders described in "Dream Horses"?
(a) As being a burden.
(b) As being women.
(c) As being leaders.
(d) As being in trouble.
5. In "Ah Vastness of Pines," what geographic feature does the poet describe in the first four lines?
(a) A plain.
(b) An ocean.
(c) A river.
(d) A mountain range.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Marisol described in "Every Day you Play"?
2. What does the poet compare his lover to in "I Have Gone Marking"?
3. How does the poet immortalize himself in "Signifying Shadows"?
4. In "Nocturnal Collection," what does the poet say he conquered?
5. At the end of "Tonight I can Write," how does the poet say he feels?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)