|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death Alone | Barcarole | Oceanic South | Walking Around.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Death Alone," what does the poet first describe?
2. In "Burial in the East," what does the poet say happens to the corpses before burial?
(a) They are wrapped in white cloth.
(b) They are put in display in the public square.
(c) They are marched around town.
(d) They are covered with flowers.
3. What does "Weak with the Dawn" question?
4. What does the poet compare his lover to in "I Have Gone Marking"?
(a) A bird.
(b) A map.
(c) A car.
(d) A book.
5. In "Absence of Joaquin," what defines the friend?
(a) His education.
(b) His money.
(c) His wife.
(d) His death.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Unity," what does the poet say humans share a unity with?
2. In "Body of a Woman," what does the poet say he will persist in?
3. At the end of "Tonight I can Write," how does the poet say he feels?
4. What does the poet compare dreaming to in "Nocturnal Collection"?
5. What do all the people in "Lone Gentleman" do in the first lines of the poem?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)