|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death Alone | Barcarole | Oceanic South | Walking Around.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the poet immortalize himself in "Signifying Shadows"?
(a) He says he can't immortalize himself.
(b) Through prayer.
(c) By taking pictures of himself.
(d) Through writing.
2. In "Barcarole," what is the red arrow?
(a) Hateful talk.
(b) A tongue.
(d) A sword.
3. What does the poet consider in "Sonata and Destructions"?
(a) His death.
(b) His birth.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His career.
4. In "Nocturnal Collection," what does the poet say he conquered?
5. What does the poet compare dreaming to in "Nocturnal Collection"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the poet describe the guitar in "Tang"?
2. How does the poet feel about the prostitute in "The Night of the Soldier"?
3. What does "Weak with the Dawn" question?
4. In "Absence of Joaquin," what defines the friend?
5. What does the poet relate the woman's body to in "Body of a Woman"?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)