|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Bleak System | Sonata and Destructions | The Night of the Soldier | Nocturnal Statutes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the "black days" in "Bleak System"?
(a) Being in love.
(b) When the poet was ill.
(c) A time of war.
2. How are riders described in "Dream Horses"?
(a) As being a burden.
(b) As being in trouble.
(c) As being women.
(d) As being leaders.
3. What color is evoked in the beginning of "Serenade"?
4. What question does the poet ask in "Absence of Joaquin"?
(a) What did he take with him?
(b) Who will be left behind?
(c) Why do we question anything?
(d) How did everyone react?
5. In "Alliance (Sonata)," what time of day is it?
(a) Late night.
(b) Early evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Leaning into the Afternoons," what does the poet cast sad nets toward?
2. What emotion is detailed in the beginning of "Ars Poetica"?
3. In lines 4-8 of "Tang," who does the poet describe?
4. In "Body of a Woman," what does the poet say he will persist in?
5. In "Ah Vastness of Pines," what geographic feature does the poet describe in the first four lines?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)