|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Bleak System | Sonata and Destructions | The Night of the Soldier | Nocturnal Statutes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it difficult to see in "Thinking, Tangling Shadows"?
(a) Because of the crowd.
(b) Because of closed eyes.
(c) Because of night time.
(d) Because of a fog.
2. What does the poet relate the woman's body to in "Body of a Woman"?
(b) The heavens.
(c) The earth.
(d) Scientific discovery.
3. What question does the poet ask in "Absence of Joaquin"?
(a) What did he take with him?
(b) Who will be left behind?
(c) How did everyone react?
(d) Why do we question anything?
4. Why are the oxen red in "Bleak System"?
(a) They are newborns.
(b) They are bloody.
(c) The poet is hallucinating.
(d) They have been painted.
5. In "Body of a Woman," what does the poet say he will persist in?
(a) The truth.
(b) Bodily pain.
(c) His faith.
(d) Her grace.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Ah Vastness of Pines," what geographic feature does the poet describe in the first four lines?
2. What does the poet compare dreaming to in "Nocturnal Collection"?
3. In "Nocturnal Statutes," what does reality differ from?
4. In "Absence of Joaquin," what defines the friend?
5. At the end of "Tonight I can Write," how does the poet say he feels?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)