|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Bleak System | Sonata and Destructions | The Night of the Soldier | Nocturnal Statutes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the "black days" in "Bleak System"?
(a) A time of war.
(b) When the poet was ill.
(c) Being in love.
2. In "Unity," what does the poet say humans share a unity with?
(c) The world.
(d) Each other.
3. How does the poet describe the guitar in "Tang"?
(a) Broken but valuable.
(b) Silent but powerful.
(c) Loud but weak.
(d) Empty but full.
4. In "Leaning into the Afternoons," what does the poet say he resembles when he loves?
(b) A moon.
(d) The sun.
5. How is Marisol described in "Every Day you Play"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Ah Vastness of Pines," what geographic feature does the poet describe in the first four lines?
2. What does the poet consider in "Sonata and Destructions"?
3. What does the poet compare dreaming to in "Nocturnal Collection"?
4. What does "Weak with the Dawn" question?
5. What does the poet relate the woman's body to in "Body of a Woman"?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)