|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Bleak System | Sonata and Destructions | The Night of the Soldier | Nocturnal Statutes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rules does the poet say exist for human creativity in "Nocturnal Statutes"?
(a) Avoid copying someone else's work.
(b) Work hard.
(c) You can't hurt others.
(d) No rules exist.
2. In lines 4-8 of "Tang," who does the poet describe?
3. What emotion is detailed in the beginning of "Ars Poetica"?
4. At the end of "Dream Horses," what does the poet wish for?
(a) To live dreams.
(b) To record his dreams.
(c) To stop having dreams.
(d) To trade dreams with someone else.
5. What does the poet compare his lover to in "I Have Gone Marking"?
(a) A bird.
(b) A book.
(c) A map.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Body of a Woman," what does the poet say he will persist in?
2. Why is it difficult to see in "Thinking, Tangling Shadows"?
3. In "Nocturnal Statutes," what does reality differ from?
4. In "Leaning into the Afternoons," what does the poet say he resembles when he loves?
5. How is Marisol described in "Every Day you Play"?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)