|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Sea | The Builder | Past.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Almagro conquer the land in "Discoverers of Chile"?
(a) With men.
(b) With faith.
(c) With steel.
(d) With fire.
2. In "Battle of the Jarama River," who are the river's people?
(a) The Spanish.
(b) The English.
(c) The French.
(d) The Russians.
3. In "The Word," where does the poet say the word is born?
(a) In humans.
(b) On the back's of animals.
(c) In water.
(d) In nature.
4. What does the poet say about the sea at the end of "The Sea"?
(a) That death comes to all.
(b) That it is gone.
(c) That water heals all.
(d) That it is movement.
5. In "The Wave," what does the poet describe as being a flower?
(a) A fish.
(b) The entire ocean.
(c) A man in a boat.
(d) The wave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flows like a tide in "I'm Explaining a Few Things"?
2. How does the poet feel about the prostitute in "The Night of the Soldier"?
3. In "Fable of the Mermaid and the Drunks," what do the drunks do to the mermaid?
4. In "Nocturnal Statutes," what does reality differ from?
5. In "The Builder," what does the poet say he will build his likeness from?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)