|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Sea | The Builder | Past.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Sea," what is the essence of the sea?
(a) Fire and cold.
(b) Life and death.
(c) Wave and rock.
(d) Fear and love.
2. What is Rapa Nui in "Rapa Nui"?
(a) An island.
(b) A book.
(c) A group of natives.
(d) A major city.
3. In "House," what does the poet say existed before the earth?
(a) Water and air.
(b) God and faith.
(c) Moon and stone.
(d) Stars and sun.
4. In stanza 4 of "Battle of the Jarama River," what is said about the river?
(a) It cannot be conquered.
(b) It is stained forever.
(c) It will never flow again.
(d) It knows the truth.
5. In "Absence of Joaquin," what defines the friend?
(a) His wife.
(b) His money.
(c) His education.
(d) His death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the house in "House"?
2. How many sections does "The Magellan Heart" have?
3. In "Fear," what does the poet complain about?
4. What leads to Magellan's end in "The Magellan Heart"?
5. In "Bestiary," what does the poet call the spider?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)