|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Sea | The Builder | Past.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Antarctica called in "Antarctic"?
(a) A gem.
(b) A trap.
(c) A mystery.
(d) A crown.
2. Who does the poet address in "Poet's Obligation"?
(a) Women at home with their children.
(b) Agents of God.
(c) People in jail.
(d) People not listening to the sea.
3. What does the poet see in the ocean in "Oceanic South"?
(a) A shipwreck.
(b) A school of fish.
(c) A ray of light.
(d) A lonely island.
4. In "The Lion," what is wrong with the lion's claws?
(a) They are broken.
(b) They are cursed.
(c) They are idle.
(d) They are missing.
5. In "Ode to the Storm," what are the storm's eyes like?
(a) Empty holes.
(b) Rough waves.
(c) Cold fire.
(d) Hot rocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does harvest occur in "Being Born in the Woods"?
2. How does the poet feel about the prostitute in "The Night of the Soldier"?
3. What are the "black days" in "Bleak System"?
4. In "Oceanic South," what does the poet have left?
5. In "The Marine Night," what does the poet want to burn with?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)