|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Sea | The Builder | Past.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the oxen red in "Bleak System"?
(a) They are newborns.
(b) They are bloody.
(c) The poet is hallucinating.
(d) They have been painted.
2. In "The Wave," what does the poet describe as being a flower?
(a) A man in a boat.
(b) The entire ocean.
(c) The wave.
(d) A fish.
3. Why is the poet angry in the beginning of "Waltz"?
(a) Because he lost his job.
(b) Because he was robbed.
(c) Because he has been left by a woman.
(d) Because he feels like he is in a rut.
4. In "Rain," what are the Queen's hands compared to?
5. In "The Great Ocean," why does the poet say people cannot harm the ocean?
(a) It is so great.
(b) It is too frightening.
(c) They can harm the ocean.
(d) It is a god.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Sea," what is the essence of the sea?
2. What does the poet say about forever in "And How Long?"
3. What does the poet ask in the beginning of "Autumn Testament"?
4. What is the house in "House"?
5. In "Bestiary," what does the poet call the spider?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)