|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Sea | The Builder | Past.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Ode to a Beautiful Nude," what resides in the nude's eyes?
2. In the second half of "Past," what does the poet say about people?
(a) How they are influenced by the past.
(b) How they can't remember the past.
(c) How they love the future more than anything.
(d) How they work to remember the past.
3. In "Ode to the Storm," what are the storm's eyes like?
(a) Hot rocks.
(b) Empty holes.
(c) Rough waves.
(d) Cold fire.
4. In the beginning of "The Ships," what do the ships carry?
5. Why do the clothes in "Ode to Clothes" wait?
(a) To turn into humans.
(b) To be useful.
(c) To be thrown away.
(d) To be taken off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the poet address in "Poet's Obligation"?
2. What color is evoked in the beginning of "Serenade"?
3. In "Battle of the Jarama River," who are the river's people?
4. Why are the oxen red in "Bleak System"?
5. In "The Builder," where does the poet travel to?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)