|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Sea | The Builder | Past.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Waltz," what does the poet say to not expect to find?
(a) Love as it is meant to be.
(b) Justice from the government.
(c) War in times of peace.
(d) Him as he used to be.
2. In "Alliance (Sonata)," what time of day is it?
(b) Late night.
(d) Early evening.
3. How many sections does "The Magellan Heart" have?
4. In "The Sea," what is the essence of the sea?
(a) Fire and cold.
(b) Wave and rock.
(c) Fear and love.
(d) Life and death.
5. In "The Ships," what type of ships are described as being the worst?
(a) War ships.
(b) Whaling ships.
(c) Sunken ships.
(d) Empty ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Absence of Joaquin," what defines the friend?
2. In the second half of "Past," what does the poet say about people?
3. What flows like a tide in "I'm Explaining a Few Things"?
4. What does the poet say is buried in the sand in "Rapa Nui"?
5. In the last ten lines of "Death Alone," what object does the poet connect to death?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)