|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Sea | The Builder | Past.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Word," what refines words?
2. At the end of "Tonight I can Write," how does the poet say he feels?
3. In "Barcarole," what is the red arrow?
(a) A tongue.
(c) Hateful talk.
(d) A sword.
4. At the end of "A Soldier Sleeps," what does God realize?
(a) He can't move the soldier.
(b) He can't become a soldier.
(c) He can't wake the soldier up.
(d) He can't fight with the soldier.
5. What does the storm teach the weak in "Ode to the Storm"?
(a) To sing.
(b) To sleep.
(c) To be brave.
(d) To fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Ocean," what does the salt do?
2. After recounting a sexual experience in "Furies and Sufferings," what does the poet do?
3. In "Brussels," what does the poet say moves too quickly?
4. In "Battle of the Jarama River," who are the river's people?
5. What does the poet say is buried in the sand in "Rapa Nui"?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)