|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pact (Sonata) | Waltz | Brussels | Being Born in the Woods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poet compare dreaming to in "Nocturnal Collection"?
2. In the last ten lines of "Death Alone," what object does the poet connect to death?
(a) A bed.
(b) A broom.
(c) A pot.
(d) A sink.
3. What emotion is detailed in the beginning of "Ars Poetica"?
4. In "Being Born in the Woods," what is born again?
(a) The rain.
(b) A seed.
(c) The poet.
(d) A bird.
5. In "Tonight I can Write," what does the poet say he could write?
(a) A novel.
(b) The truth.
(c) Sad lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rules does the poet say exist for human creativity in "Nocturnal Statutes"?
2. In "Nocturnal Collection," what does the poet say he conquered?
3. In "Death Alone," what does the poet first describe?
4. When does harvest occur in "Being Born in the Woods"?
5. In "Brussels," what does the poet say moves too quickly?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)