|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pact (Sonata) | Waltz | Brussels | Being Born in the Woods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the last ten lines of "Death Alone," what object does the poet connect to death?
(a) A pot.
(b) A sink.
(c) A bed.
(d) A broom.
2. What does the poet compare dreaming to in "Nocturnal Collection"?
3. What rules does the poet say exist for human creativity in "Nocturnal Statutes"?
(a) Avoid copying someone else's work.
(b) No rules exist.
(c) You can't hurt others.
(d) Work hard.
4. What are the "black days" in "Bleak System"?
(a) A time of war.
(b) Being in love.
(c) When the poet was ill.
5. In "Absence of Joaquin," what defines the friend?
(a) His money.
(b) His death.
(c) His wife.
(d) His education.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Nocturnal Statutes," what does reality differ from?
2. What question does the poet ask in "Absence of Joaquin"?
3. In "Oceanic South," what does the poet have left?
4. What does the poet consider in "Sonata and Destructions"?
5. At the end of "Tonight I can Write," how does the poet say he feels?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)