|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pact (Sonata) | Waltz | Brussels | Being Born in the Woods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the oxen red in "Bleak System"?
(a) They have been painted.
(b) They are newborns.
(c) They are bloody.
(d) The poet is hallucinating.
2. What color is evoked in the beginning of "Serenade"?
3. In "Brussels," what does the poet say moves too quickly?
(b) His faith.
(c) His life.
4. At the end of "Barcarole," who does the poet say won't listen to him?
(b) A snake.
(c) A bird.
(d) A woman.
5. What question does the poet ask in "Absence of Joaquin"?
(a) Who will be left behind?
(b) Why do we question anything?
(c) How did everyone react?
(d) What did he take with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it difficult to see in "Thinking, Tangling Shadows"?
2. In "Nocturnal Collection," what does the poet say he conquered?
3. What rules does the poet say exist for human creativity in "Nocturnal Statutes"?
4. At the end of "Tonight I can Write," how does the poet say he feels?
5. In "Tonight I can Write," what does the poet say he could write?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)