|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Marine Night | Wine | Ode to a Fallen Chestnut | Ode to the Book.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does the poet ask in "Absence of Joaquin"?
(a) Who will be left behind?
(b) Why do we question anything?
(c) How did everyone react?
(d) What did he take with him?
2. In "Death Alone," what does the poet first describe?
3. In stanza 4 of "Battle of the Jarama River," what is said about the river?
(a) It will never flow again.
(b) It knows the truth.
(c) It cannot be conquered.
(d) It is stained forever.
4. Why does the poet say he wrote "I'm Explaining a Few Things"?
(a) To explain his politics.
(b) To avoid being fired.
(c) To restart his writing career.
(d) To answer the readers' questions.
5. In "The Great Ocean," why does the poet say people cannot harm the ocean?
(a) It is a god.
(b) It is too frightening.
(c) It is so great.
(d) They can harm the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of "The Great Ocean," what does the poet ask of Ocean?
2. In "Nocturnal Collection," what does the poet say he conquered?
3. What does the poet see in the ocean in "Oceanic South"?
4. In "Barcarole," what is the red arrow?
5. What emotion is detailed in the beginning of "Ars Poetica"?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)