|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Marine Night | Wine | Ode to a Fallen Chestnut | Ode to the Book.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Oceanic South," what does the poet have left?
(a) His writing.
(b) His imagination.
(c) His friends.
(d) His love.
2. In "The Great Ocean," why does the poet say people cannot harm the ocean?
(a) It is so great.
(b) It is a god.
(c) It is too frightening.
(d) They can harm the ocean.
3. In "Death Alone," what does the poet first describe?
4. In the beginning of "Wine," what does the speaker want to do?
5. What color is evoked in the beginning of "Serenade"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the poet compare dreaming to in "Nocturnal Collection"?
2. In the beginning of "The Great Ocean," what does the poet ask of Ocean?
3. In "Barcarole," what is the red arrow?
4. What does the poet say is buried in the sand in "Rapa Nui"?
5. At the end of "The Builders of Statues," what does the poet consider?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)