|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the soldier see lying against the pier the last time he was at the bridge?
2. What are Peyton and his wife doing when they are approached by someone?
3. What does Peyton say a civilian would have to do to gain access to the bridge?
4. When does the soldier say he had last been at the Owl Creek Bridge?
5. Peyton is a civilian with _________________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Note the shifts in point of view in the story, sometimes even within the same part. Cite at least two examples of the shift in point of view and support your answers with reasons the author chose to write the story in this way.
Essay Topic 2
In Part 3, Peyton's dream adventure allows him to escape through a highly creative twist. Write an essay that follow along the lines of Peyton's dream, adding your own twists of plot, character and imagery.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the story's title. What did the author mean by calling the story AN OCCURRENCE AT OWL CREEK BRIDGE? Isn't that just a little but of an understatement? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)