|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the uniform worn by the soldier?
2. What does Peyton do while his wife is getting the water?
3. Which of the following is NOT a natural question to ask after reading Part 2?
4. What does Peyton do while waiting for an opportunity to serve the South?
5. What does the soldier say that the Yanks have built at the Owl Creek Bridge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Denial takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
There is much symbolism in this story regarding the tall black trees. Name two interpretations of what the trees could symbolize and cite reasons for your answers.
Essay Topic 3
In Part 3, Peyton's dream adventure allows him to escape through a highly creative twist. Write an essay that follow along the lines of Peyton's dream, adding your own twists of plot, character and imagery.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)