|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can be inferred about the story at the end of Part 2?
2. Who gets the water for the soldier?
3. What does the soldier pause to do?
4. How far does the soldier say it is to Owl Creek Bridge?
5. Who does the soldier say is repairing the railroads?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Peyton Farquhar. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
In Part 3, Peyton's dream adventure allows him to escape through a highly creative twist. Write an essay that follow along the lines of Peyton's dream, adding your own twists of plot, character and imagery.
Essay Topic 3
Denial takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)