Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the soldier ask Peyton regarding directions?
2. What does Peyton think about his opportunity to serve in the war?
3. What does Peyton do while waiting for an opportunity to serve the South?
4. What did the soldier see lying against the pier the last time he was at the bridge?
5. Who is with Peyton when he is approached by someone at his property?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses some important instances of flashbacks in the story. Explain what a flashback is and cite at least two making sure to explain what makes each a flashback.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting for the story. Why does Bierce use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the story's title. What did the author mean by calling the story AN OCCURRENCE AT OWL CREEK BRIDGE? Isn't that just a little but of an understatement? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)