|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the soldier NOT do after he drinks his water?
2. For what does the soldier ask?
3. How did Peyton feel about not being allowed to enlist in the army?
4. Which of the following is NOT a natural question to ask after reading Part 2?
5. How many men guard the Owl Creek Bridge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The final part of Peyton's journey at the end of the story has what could be considered religious and spiritual motifs. Identify at least two of these motifs and explain what would make them consistent with a religious or spiritual genre.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of living in denial. Identify at least two instances about denial in the story and then cite an examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses some important instances of flashbacks in the story. Explain what a flashback is and cite at least two making sure to explain what makes each a flashback.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)