|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does Peyton live?
2. What is Peyton Farquhar's occupation?
3. What is Mrs. Farquhar's demeanor about getting the water?
4. Which of the following figures does Peyton NOT mention when talking about approaching the bridge?
5. For what does the soldier ask?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Part 3, Peyton's dream adventure allows him to escape through a highly creative twist. Write an essay that follow along the lines of Peyton's dream, adding your own twists of plot, character and imagery.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the story's title. What did the author mean by calling the story AN OCCURRENCE AT OWL CREEK BRIDGE? Isn't that just a little but of an understatement? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
AN OCCURRENCE AT OWL CREEK BRIDGE is a classic escape from reality story. What does that classification entail? Why does this story fit into this category?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)