|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peyton think about his opportunity to serve in the war?
2. What does the soldier say that the Yanks have built at the Owl Creek Bridge?
3. What does the soldier NOT do after he drinks his water?
4. What can be inferred about the crime Peyton may have committed?
5. Who approaches Peyton and his wife as they sit outside their home?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Peyton Farquhar. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
What is your opinion of Peyton Farquhar? Do you think he was a willful man bent on his own destruction for his own purposes? Or is he someone to be pitied for his misguided sense of loyalty and duty? Or is he someone else entirely? State your position on Peyton and support your answer with rationale.
Essay Topic 3
AN OCCURRENCE AT OWL CREEK BRIDGE is a classic escape from reality story. What does that classification entail? Why does this story fit into this category?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)