Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the soldier ask Peyton regarding directions?
2. What does Peyton think about his opportunity to serve in the war?
3. What does Peyton do while waiting for an opportunity to serve the South?
4. What did the soldier see lying against the pier the last time he was at the bridge?
5. Who is with Peyton when he is approached by someone at his property?
AN OCCURRENCE AT OWL CREEK BRIDGE is a classic escape from reality story. What does that classification entail? Why does this story fit into this category?
The author uses some important instances of flashbacks in the story. Explain what a flashback is and cite at least two making sure to explain what makes each a flashback.
Bierce uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)