Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the soldier ask Peyton regarding directions?
2. What does Peyton think about his opportunity to serve in the war?
3. What does Peyton do while waiting for an opportunity to serve the South?
4. What did the soldier see lying against the pier the last time he was at the bridge?
5. Who is with Peyton when he is approached by someone at his property?
Essay Topic 1
The final part of Peyton's journey at the end of the story has what could be considered religious and spiritual motifs. Identify at least two of these motifs and explain what would make them consistent with a religious or spiritual genre.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of men in the 1860s when the men in the story are living through wartime. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they enjoy that 21st century men do not, and vice-versa?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of living in denial. Identify at least two instances about denial in the story and then cite an examples to support your answers.
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)