|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peyton ask after the soldier tells about the order?
(a) If he has ever killed any Yanks.
(b) How far it is to Owl Creek Bridge.
(c) If he believes the poster to be true.
(d) How soon the Yanks will be arriving.
2. What saying did Peyton believe in his heart?
(a) He who laughs last, laughs best.
(b) The early bird gets the worm.
(c) All is fair in love and war.
(d) Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
3. Peyton is devoted to the ____________________.
(a) Northern cause.
(b) Catholic Church.
(c) Southern cause.
(d) Marriage vows.
4. The soldier says the driftwood would burn __________________.
(a) Like paper.
(b) Like an old barn.
(c) Like corn stalks.
(d) Like tow.
5. Peyton is a civilian with _________________.
(a) Political aspirations.
(b) The heart of a soldier.
(c) A bad reputation.
(d) A criminal record.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the soldier's true job?
2. What is the second question Peyton asks the soldier?
3. What color is the uniform worn by the soldier?
4. What did the soldier ask Peyton regarding directions?
5. What is Peyton Farquhar's occupation?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)