|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peyton think about his opportunity to serve in the war?
(a) It will come at some point.
(b) It will never come.
(c) He will have to be alert and on the lookout.
(d) It may come if he is patient.
2. Who gets the water for the soldier?
(a) Peyton Farquhar.
(b) Clayton Farquhar.
(c) A house slave.
(d) Mrs. Farquhar.
3. What does the soldier say about the driftwood he saw?
(a) It was covered in moss.
(b) It was in little pieces.
(c) It would be dry now.
(d) It was a strange color.
4. What is aroused in Peyton at the end of Part 2?
(a) His anger.
(b) His love.
(c) His curiosity.
(d) His passions.
5. Who approaches Peyton and his wife as they sit outside their home?
(a) A minister.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A traveling salesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the soldier say he had last been at the Owl Creek Bridge?
2. Which of the following did Peyton NOT long to experience as a soldier?
3. Why is the Federal army repairing the railroads?
4. What can be inferred about the story at the end of Part 2?
5. Who is with Peyton when he is approached by someone at his property?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)