|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the soldier reappear at the Farquhar house?
(a) An hour later.
(c) A year later.
(d) The following week.
2. Which of the following does NOT characterize Peyton's motivations?
(a) He longs to be of service.
(b) He always wanted to be a spy.
(c) He wants to share in the glory of the cause.
(d) He wants to do whatever he can for the South.
3. How did the soldier approach Peyton's house?
(a) On horseback.
(b) On a mule.
4. Who gets the water for the soldier?
(a) A house slave.
(b) Clayton Farquhar.
(c) Mrs. Farquhar.
(d) Peyton Farquhar.
5. What can be inferred about the story at the end of Part 2?
(a) Peyton is going to be a spy.
(b) Peyton is going to enlist in the army.
(c) Something ominous is about to take place.
(d) Peyton's wife is going to be injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Peyton NOT long to experience as a soldier?
2. What is the soldier's appearance?
3. What time of day does the soldier return to the Farquhar house?
4. What color is the uniform worn by the soldier?
5. Peyton is devoted to the ____________________.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)