|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the soldier's true job?
(a) He is a Federal general.
(b) He is a newspaper editor.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He is a Federal scout.
2. Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the posted order?
3. Who gets the water for the soldier?
(a) Peyton Farquhar.
(b) Clayton Farquhar.
(c) A house slave.
(d) Mrs. Farquhar.
4. What does Peyton do while his wife is getting the water?
(a) Invites him to dinner.
(b) Pulls out his gun.
(c) Approaches the soldier.
(d) Returns to the house.
5. How does the soldier say he knows about the order?
(a) He heard about it.
(b) He saw it.
(c) He saw a poster about it.
(d) He wrote it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Federal army repairing the railroads?
2. What can be inferred about the crime Peyton may have committed?
3. How did Peyton feel about not being allowed to enlist in the army?
4. What did the soldier ask Peyton regarding directions?
5. What does Peyton ask after the soldier tells about the order?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)