|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peyton ask the soldier?
(a) If he is hungry.
(b) If he is wounded.
(c) If he is a deserter.
(d) What is the news from the front.
2. What saying did Peyton believe in his heart?
(a) The early bird gets the worm.
(b) All is fair in love and war.
(c) He who laughs last, laughs best.
(d) Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
3. What prevented Peyton's enlisting in the army?
(a) Bad heart.
(b) It is not known.
(c) Chicken pox.
(d) Flat feet.
4. What color is the uniform worn by the soldier?
5. Peyton is devoted to the ____________________.
(a) Southern cause.
(b) Northern cause.
(c) Marriage vows.
(d) Catholic Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the soldier say happened at the bridge last winter?
2. Which of the following is NOT a natural question to ask after reading Part 2?
3. Which of the following figures does Peyton NOT mention when talking about approaching the bridge?
4. Peyton is a politician and a(n) ___________________.
5. What is the soldier's true job?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)