|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What saying did Peyton believe in his heart?
(a) All is fair in love and war.
(b) Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
(c) He who laughs last, laughs best.
(d) The early bird gets the worm.
2. How did the soldier approach Peyton's house?
(a) On a mule.
(d) On horseback.
3. What does Peyton ask after the soldier tells about the order?
(a) How far it is to Owl Creek Bridge.
(b) How soon the Yanks will be arriving.
(c) If he has ever killed any Yanks.
(d) If he believes the poster to be true.
4. Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the posted order?
5. Who does the soldier say is repairing the railroads?
(a) The government.
(b) The Yanks.
(c) The locals.
(d) The Rebs.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day is Peyton approached by someone at his property?
2. What time of day does the soldier return to the Farquhar house?
3. What is the soldier's appearance?
4. Who approaches Peyton and his wife as they sit outside their home?
5. Why is the Federal army repairing the railroads?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)