|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets the water for the soldier?
(a) Mrs. Farquhar.
(b) Clayton Farquhar.
(c) Peyton Farquhar.
(d) A house slave.
2. Which of the following is NOT a natural question to ask after reading Part 2?
(a) What was Peyton wearing?
(b) Was Peyton being watched?
(c) Was the visit to Peyton's house a random one?
(d) Was Peyton targeted by the enemy?
3. What does the soldier say that the Yanks have built at the Owl Creek Bridge?
(a) A church.
(b) A stockade.
(c) A gun depot.
(d) A train station.
4. What does Peyton do while his wife is getting the water?
(a) Pulls out his gun.
(b) Approaches the soldier.
(c) Returns to the house.
(d) Invites him to dinner.
5. What can be inferred about the crime Peyton may have committed?
(a) He shot a Yankee general.
(b) He deserted from the army.
(c) He set fire to the driftwood to burn the bridge.
(d) He burned a neighbor's plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the soldier ask Peyton regarding directions?
2. The soldiers say the Yanks have already reached ________________________-.
3. Which of the following did Peyton NOT long to experience as a soldier?
4. Which of the following figures does Peyton NOT mention when talking about approaching the bridge?
5. What does the soldier say about the driftwood he saw?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)