|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The posted order states that any civilian caught interfering with the railroad ______________________.
(a) Will be hanged.
(b) Will be ordered to enlist.
(c) Needs a license.
(d) Needs permission first.
2. In what direction is the soldier headed when he rides past the Farquhar house again?
3. Why is Peyton drawn into the soldier's story?
(a) He loves a good story.
(b) He longs to be part of the glory of war.
(c) He wants something to tell his grandchildren one day.
(d) He needs material for a novel.
4. What did the soldier see lying against the pier the last time he was at the bridge?
(b) Fishing poles.
(c) Some guns.
(d) A dead body.
5. What does the soldier NOT do after he drinks his water?
(a) Rides away on his horse.
(b) Thanks Mrs. Farquhar.
(c) Bows to Peyton.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does the soldier ask?
2. When does the soldier say he had last been at the Owl Creek Bridge?
3. What saying did Peyton believe in his heart?
4. Peyton is devoted to the ____________________.
5. What is Mrs. Farquhar's demeanor about getting the water?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)