|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peyton is a politician and a(n) ___________________.
2. Who is mentioned in the posted order?
(b) Federal soldiers.
(c) Home guard.
(d) Confederate soldiers.
3. Who gets the water for the soldier?
(a) Mrs. Farquhar.
(b) A house slave.
(c) Clayton Farquhar.
(d) Peyton Farquhar.
4. What is the second question Peyton asks the soldier?
(a) Where he comes from.
(b) How long he has been in the army.
(c) If he is married.
(d) How the bridge is guarded.
5. What is Mrs. Farquhar's demeanor about getting the water?
(a) She is happy to do it.
(b) She does it grudgingly.
(c) She is hesitant.
(d) She refuses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day does the soldier return to the Farquhar house?
2. What does the soldier say happened at the bridge last winter?
3. What can be inferred about the crime Peyton may have committed?
4. For what does the soldier ask?
5. What does Peyton ask the soldier?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)