|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a natural question to ask after reading Part 2?
(a) What was Peyton wearing?
(b) Was Peyton being watched?
(c) Was Peyton targeted by the enemy?
(d) Was the visit to Peyton's house a random one?
2. What does the soldier NOT do after he drinks his water?
(a) Thanks Mrs. Farquhar.
(b) Bows to Peyton.
(d) Rides away on his horse.
3. For what does the soldier ask?
(a) A drink of water.
(c) A fresh horse.
(d) A bit of food.
4. Who approaches Peyton and his wife as they sit outside their home?
(a) A traveling salesman.
(b) A minister.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A soldier.
5. What does the soldier say about the driftwood he saw?
(a) It was covered in moss.
(b) It would be dry now.
(c) It was a strange color.
(d) It was in little pieces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevented Peyton's enlisting in the army?
2. Who is with Peyton when he is approached by someone at his property?
3. What is the soldier's appearance?
4. Who gets the water for the soldier?
5. What does the soldier pause to do?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)