|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the soldier see lying against the pier the last time he was at the bridge?
(a) Fishing poles.
(b) Some guns.
(c) A dead body.
2. What is aroused in Peyton at the end of Part 2?
(a) His curiosity.
(b) His passions.
(c) His anger.
(d) His love.
3. What can be inferred about the crime Peyton may have committed?
(a) He shot a Yankee general.
(b) He burned a neighbor's plantation.
(c) He deserted from the army.
(d) He set fire to the driftwood to burn the bridge.
4. What does Peyton do while his wife is getting the water?
(a) Invites him to dinner.
(b) Approaches the soldier.
(c) Pulls out his gun.
(d) Returns to the house.
5. What does Peyton ask the soldier?
(a) If he is hungry.
(b) What is the news from the front.
(c) If he is a deserter.
(d) If he is wounded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peyton think about his opportunity to serve in the war?
2. Which of the following did Peyton NOT long to experience as a soldier?
3. The posted order states that any civilian caught interfering with the railroad ______________________.
4. What is Peyton Farquhar's occupation?
5. What does Peyton say a civilian would have to do to gain access to the bridge?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)