|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What saying did Peyton believe in his heart?
(a) The early bird gets the worm.
(b) All is fair in love and war.
(c) He who laughs last, laughs best.
(d) Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
2. When does the soldier say he had last been at the Owl Creek Bridge?
(b) A year ago.
(c) Last week.
(d) A month ago.
3. Peyton is a politician and a(n) ___________________.
4. Why is Peyton drawn into the soldier's story?
(a) He loves a good story.
(b) He longs to be part of the glory of war.
(c) He wants something to tell his grandchildren one day.
(d) He needs material for a novel.
5. How many men guard the Owl Creek Bridge?
Short Answer Questions
1. Peyton is a civilian with _________________.
2. Who is with Peyton when he is approached by someone at his property?
3. Who gets the water for the soldier?
4. At what time of day is Peyton approached by someone at his property?
5. Which of the following does NOT characterize Peyton's motivations?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)