|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peyton do while his wife is getting the water?
(a) Approaches the soldier.
(b) Invites him to dinner.
(c) Returns to the house.
(d) Pulls out his gun.
2. What does the soldier say about the driftwood he saw?
(a) It would be dry now.
(b) It was covered in moss.
(c) It was a strange color.
(d) It was in little pieces.
3. Peyton is a politician and a(n) ___________________.
4. What did the soldier see at the bridge the last time he was there?
(a) Ice chunks.
(c) A dead body.
5. Peyton is devoted to the ____________________.
(a) Catholic Church.
(b) Northern cause.
(c) Southern cause.
(d) Marriage vows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peyton ask the soldier?
2. What does Peyton think about his opportunity to serve in the war?
3. Why is Peyton drawn into the soldier's story?
4. What does the soldier say happened at the bridge last winter?
5. Who gets the water for the soldier?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)