|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the soldier say he knows about the order?
(a) He saw it.
(b) He wrote it.
(c) He heard about it.
(d) He saw a poster about it.
2. Which of the following figures does Peyton NOT mention when talking about approaching the bridge?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A student of hanging.
(c) A man.
(d) A civilian.
3. Why is the Federal army repairing the railroads?
(a) In preparation for another advance.
(b) To transport cannons.
(c) To help rebuild the South.
(d) To transport prisoners.
4. Which of the following does NOT characterize Peyton's motivations?
(a) He wants to share in the glory of the cause.
(b) He longs to be of service.
(c) He wants to do whatever he can for the South.
(d) He always wanted to be a spy.
5. At what time of day is Peyton approached by someone at his property?
(a) Early morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peyton ask the soldier?
2. What did the soldier see lying against the pier the last time he was at the bridge?
3. Peyton wants to know _______________________ if he could overcome the sentinel.
4. What is the second question Peyton asks the soldier?
5. In what state does Peyton live?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)