|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peyton do while his wife is getting the water?
(a) Pulls out his gun.
(b) Returns to the house.
(c) Invites him to dinner.
(d) Approaches the soldier.
2. How did Peyton feel about not being allowed to enlist in the army?
(a) He was mad about it.
(b) He was embarrassed.
(c) He was upset.
(d) He felt lucky.
3. What time of day does the soldier return to the Farquhar house?
4. The soldier says the driftwood would burn __________________.
(a) Like an old barn.
(b) Like tow.
(c) Like paper.
(d) Like corn stalks.
5. What did the soldier ask Peyton regarding directions?
(a) He asked how to get to Owl Creek Bridge.
(b) He wanted to know how far it was to Owl Creek Bridge.
(c) He didn't ask anything about directions.
(d) He asked about the next town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peyton is a civilian with _________________.
2. Peyton is a politician and a(n) ___________________.
3. In what direction is the soldier headed when he rides past the Farquhar house again?
4. Who approaches Peyton and his wife as they sit outside their home?
5. What is Mrs. Farquhar's demeanor about getting the water?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)