|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the soldiers' ____________, death is to be honored.
(c) Unwritten code.
(d) Rule book.
2. The soldiers treat death with military etiquette and _______________.
3. The method of execution in the story is __________________.
(b) Military style.
4. Where are the spectators located?
(a) In line at parade rest.
(b) Standing in the grass.
(c) In bleachers.
(d) In a special soundproof room.
5. What does the condemned man focus on in the water below?
(a) A piece of driftwood.
(b) Salmon swimming upstream.
(d) Sun sparkling on the surface.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime has the condemned man committed?
2. What is the man's probable profession?
3. The condemned man feels as if his ears _______________________.
4. When it is time for the execution, who moves away from the location first?
5. What holds the critical plank in place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the soldier tell Peyton about what the Yanks are doing?
2. What does the condemned man think of while closing his eyes and what breaks his concentration?
3. How does Part 1 end?
4. What idea does the soldier offer up on how a person could accomplish something regarding the destruction of the bridge?
5. Who does Peyton see coming to meet him and how does he respond?
6. Who s present as spectators of the event and how do they conduct themselves?
7. What physical pain returns to Peyton as he walks on the road?
8. What is the unwritten rule guiding the soldiers in their demeanor at the execution?
9. How does Part 3 begin?
10. Describe what Peyton feels immediately after falling through the bridge.
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)