Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the condemned man note about the driftwood in the water below?
(a) It is very small.
(b) It is gray.
(c) It is moving slowly.
(d) It is huge.
2. What is the man standing on?
(a) Slack boards.
(b) Ship's plank.
3. What are the slack boards laid upon?
(d) Railway supports.
4. What does the condemned man focus on in the water below?
(a) Sun sparkling on the surface.
(b) A piece of driftwood.
(c) Salmon swimming upstream.
5. Which of the following is NOT a rank among the men on the platform with the man?
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary technique does the author use when he says that death is a dignitary?
2. What color eyes does the condemned man have?
3. How can the condemned man's eyes be described?
4. In what direction is the man looking?
5. Who is the author of AN OCCURRENCE AT OWL CREEK BRIDGE?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Peyton ends up in a forest.
2. What does the soldier tell Peyton about what the Yanks are doing?
3. How does the author use one word to indicate Mrs. Farquhar's devotion to the Confederate cause?
4. What is the point of view used by the author in Part 2 and how can you determine that.
5. What physical pain returns to Peyton as he walks on the road?
6. What does the condemned man view as his only chance at escape?
7. What does the soldier tell Peyton about a notice that has been posted?
8. Describe the road that Peyton discovers.
9. What is the unwritten rule guiding the soldiers in their demeanor at the execution?
10. How is the apparatus for hanging the man set up?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)