|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The remaining plank spans how many railroad ties?
2. What does the condemned man NOT wear?
(a) A hat.
(c) A hood.
(d) A tie.
3. What signal does the captain give to the sergeant?
(a) He winks.
(b) He nods.
(c) He shakes his hand.
(d) He salutes.
4. What are the man's movements?
(a) He is fixed on one spot.
(b) He is jumping up and down.
(c) He is doing acrobatics.
(d) He is exercising on the ground.
5. The soldiers treat death with military etiquette and _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the slack boards laid upon?
2. What does the condemned man think is the solution for his predicament?
3. Who is the author of AN OCCURRENCE AT OWL CREEK BRIDGE?
4. What does the condemned man want to do as the noise pounds in his head?
5. What does the condemned man focus on in the water below?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Peyton feels immediately after falling through the bridge.
2. Who does Peyton see coming to meet him and how does he respond?
3. Describe the darkness and uncertainty of the forest and what incentive keeps Peyton moving.
4. How can Peyton's devotion to the Southern cause be identified?
5. What surprise twist occurs in the plot an hour after the soldier leaves the Farquhar house?
6. What does the condemned man look at from his position?
7. Explain the third step in the execution.
8. What does the soldier tell Peyton about what the Yanks are doing?
9. Describe the vortex in which Peyton finds himself after thinking he was safe from the Federal soldiers.
10. How does Peyton's walking take a more pleasant tone and where does he end up?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)