|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is mentioned in the posted order?
(b) Federal soldiers.
(c) Confederate soldiers.
(d) Home guard.
2. What did the soldier see at the bridge the last time he was there?
(b) A dead body.
(c) Ice chunks.
3. When does the soldier say he had last been at the Owl Creek Bridge?
(b) Last week.
(c) A year ago.
(d) A month ago.
4. How did Peyton feel about not being allowed to enlist in the army?
(a) He was upset.
(b) He was embarrassed.
(c) He felt lucky.
(d) He was mad about it.
5. What color is the uniform worn by the soldier?
6. Who is with Peyton when he is approached by someone at his property?
(a) His brother.
(b) His wife.
(c) No one.
(d) His son.
7. What did the soldier see lying against the pier the last time he was at the bridge?
(a) Fishing poles.
(b) A dead body.
(c) Some guns.
8. What does the soldier say that the Yanks have built at the Owl Creek Bridge?
(a) A train station.
(b) A gun depot.
(c) A church.
(d) A stockade.
9. How does the soldier say he knows about the order?
(a) He heard about it.
(b) He wrote it.
(c) He saw a poster about it.
(d) He saw it.
10. What does the soldier pause to do?
(a) Collect his thoughts.
(b) Drink the water.
(d) Tell a joke.
11. Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the posted order?
12. What time of day does the soldier return to the Farquhar house?
13. Which of the following did Peyton NOT long to experience as a soldier?
(a) Something to put his energies into.
(b) The honor of a soldier's life.
(c) Shooting enemy soldiers.
(d) The opportunity for distinction.
14. Peyton is a civilian with _________________.
(a) The heart of a soldier.
(b) A bad reputation.
(c) Political aspirations.
(d) A criminal record.
15. Which of the following figures does Peyton NOT mention when talking about approaching the bridge?
(a) A student of hanging.
(b) A civilian.
(c) A man.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Peyton and his wife doing when they are approached by someone?
2. What is the name of the character introduced in Part 2?
3. Why is Peyton drawn into the soldier's story?
4. What is the second question Peyton asks the soldier?
5. What is the soldier's true job?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)