|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peyton say a civilian would have to do to gain access to the bridge?
(a) Put mud on his face.
(b) Dress all in black.
(c) Walk in stocking feet.
(d) Elude the picket post.
2. Why is Peyton drawn into the soldier's story?
(a) He needs material for a novel.
(b) He loves a good story.
(c) He wants something to tell his grandchildren one day.
(d) He longs to be part of the glory of war.
3. Peyton wants to know _______________________ if he could overcome the sentinel.
(a) What a civilian could accomplish.
(b) If a civilian would need help.
(c) If a civilian would get a reward.
(d) Why a civilian would want to risk it even.
4. What does the soldier NOT do after he drinks his water?
(a) Rides away on his horse.
(b) Bows to Peyton.
(d) Thanks Mrs. Farquhar.
5. Peyton is a civilian with _________________.
(a) A bad reputation.
(b) Political aspirations.
(c) The heart of a soldier.
(d) A criminal record.
6. Who is mentioned in the posted order?
(a) Federal soldiers.
(b) Confederate soldiers.
(c) Home guard.
7. What color is the uniform worn by the soldier?
8. What does the soldier say happened at the bridge last winter?
(a) A flood.
(b) The bridge gave way from ice.
(c) A train derailed.
(d) A blizzard.
9. How did the soldier approach Peyton's house?
(a) On horseback.
(c) On a mule.
10. How many men guard the Owl Creek Bridge?
11. Who does the soldier say is repairing the railroads?
(a) The Yanks.
(b) The Rebs.
(c) The government.
(d) The locals.
12. What is the soldier's true job?
(a) He is a writer.
(b) He is a Federal scout.
(c) He is a newspaper editor.
(d) He is a Federal general.
13. What does the soldier say about the driftwood he saw?
(a) It would be dry now.
(b) It was covered in moss.
(c) It was a strange color.
(d) It was in little pieces.
14. What does Peyton ask after the soldier tells about the order?
(a) How far it is to Owl Creek Bridge.
(b) If he has ever killed any Yanks.
(c) If he believes the poster to be true.
(d) How soon the Yanks will be arriving.
15. What prevented Peyton's enlisting in the army?
(a) Bad heart.
(b) It is not known.
(c) Flat feet.
(d) Chicken pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does Peyton live?
2. What can be inferred about the story at the end of Part 2?
3. Peyton is a politician and a(n) ___________________.
4. Peyton is devoted to the ____________________.
5. How far does the soldier say it is to Owl Creek Bridge?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)