|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the soldier's appearance?
2. Why is the Federal army repairing the railroads?
(a) To help rebuild the South.
(b) To transport prisoners.
(c) To transport cannons.
(d) In preparation for another advance.
3. What saying did Peyton believe in his heart?
(a) He who laughs last, laughs best.
(b) The early bird gets the worm.
(c) All is fair in love and war.
(d) Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
4. Who does the soldier say is repairing the railroads?
(a) The Yanks.
(b) The government.
(c) The locals.
(d) The Rebs.
5. At what time of day is Peyton approached by someone at his property?
(d) Early morning.
6. Peyton comes from a highly respected family of __________________.
(b) Arms builders.
(c) Cotton merchants.
(d) Slave owners.
7. Who approaches Peyton and his wife as they sit outside their home?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A traveling salesman.
(c) A minister.
(d) A soldier.
8. Peyton is a civilian with _________________.
(a) A bad reputation.
(b) The heart of a soldier.
(c) A criminal record.
(d) Political aspirations.
9. Which of the following is NOT a natural question to ask after reading Part 2?
(a) Was Peyton targeted by the enemy?
(b) Was the visit to Peyton's house a random one?
(c) What was Peyton wearing?
(d) Was Peyton being watched?
10. What did the soldier see lying against the pier the last time he was at the bridge?
(b) Fishing poles.
(c) Some guns.
(d) A dead body.
11. Peyton wants to know _______________________ if he could overcome the sentinel.
(a) What a civilian could accomplish.
(b) If a civilian would need help.
(c) Why a civilian would want to risk it even.
(d) If a civilian would get a reward.
12. What does Peyton do while waiting for an opportunity to serve the South?
(b) Writes newsletters.
(c) As little as possible.
(d) Anything he can.
13. How many men guard the Owl Creek Bridge?
14. What did the soldier see at the bridge the last time he was there?
(a) Ice chunks.
(b) A dead body.
15. What did the soldier ask Peyton regarding directions?
(a) He wanted to know how far it was to Owl Creek Bridge.
(b) He didn't ask anything about directions.
(c) He asked about the next town.
(d) He asked how to get to Owl Creek Bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the soldier's true job?
2. What does the soldier say that the Yanks have built at the Owl Creek Bridge?
3. What does the soldier say about the driftwood he saw?
4. For what does the soldier ask?
5. The posted order states that any civilian caught interfering with the railroad ______________________.
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)