Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the soldier ask Peyton regarding directions?
(a) He didn't ask anything about directions.
(b) He asked about the next town.
(c) He asked how to get to Owl Creek Bridge.
(d) He wanted to know how far it was to Owl Creek Bridge.
2. What does Peyton think about his opportunity to serve in the war?
(a) It may come if he is patient.
(b) He will have to be alert and on the lookout.
(c) It will never come.
(d) It will come at some point.
3. What does Peyton do while waiting for an opportunity to serve the South?
(b) Writes newsletters.
(c) Anything he can.
(d) As little as possible.
4. What did the soldier see lying against the pier the last time he was at the bridge?
(a) Fishing poles.
(b) Some guns.
(d) A dead body.
5. Who is with Peyton when he is approached by someone at his property?
(a) His wife.
(b) No one.
(c) His brother.
(d) His son.
6. Why is the Federal army repairing the railroads?
(a) In preparation for another advance.
(b) To help rebuild the South.
(c) To transport prisoners.
(d) To transport cannons.
7. The posted order states that any civilian caught interfering with the railroad ______________________.
(a) Will be hanged.
(b) Needs permission first.
(c) Needs a license.
(d) Will be ordered to enlist.
8. How does the soldier say he knows about the order?
(a) He wrote it.
(b) He heard about it.
(c) He saw it.
(d) He saw a poster about it.
9. Which of the following did Peyton NOT long to experience as a soldier?
(a) The opportunity for distinction.
(b) Something to put his energies into.
(c) Shooting enemy soldiers.
(d) The honor of a soldier's life.
10. What is the name of the character introduced in Part 2?
(a) Preston Farquhar.
(b) Peyton Place.
(c) Peyton Manning.
(d) Peyton Farquhar.
11. What did the soldier see at the bridge the last time he was there?
(b) Ice chunks.
(c) A dead body.
12. How many men guard the Owl Creek Bridge?
13. For what does the soldier ask?
(b) A bit of food.
(c) A fresh horse.
(d) A drink of water.
14. What is Peyton Farquhar's occupation?
15. Who is mentioned in the posted order?
(a) Federal soldiers.
(c) Confederate soldiers.
(d) Home guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who approaches Peyton and his wife as they sit outside their home?
2. What is the soldier's appearance?
3. Peyton is a civilian with _________________.
4. What can be inferred about the crime Peyton may have committed?
5. What color is the uniform worn by the soldier?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)