|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does Peyton live?
2. Which of the following did Peyton NOT long to experience as a soldier?
(a) The opportunity for distinction.
(b) Something to put his energies into.
(c) The honor of a soldier's life.
(d) Shooting enemy soldiers.
3. What does Peyton ask the soldier?
(a) If he is wounded.
(b) What is the news from the front.
(c) If he is a deserter.
(d) If he is hungry.
4. What does the soldier pause to do?
(a) Drink the water.
(b) Collect his thoughts.
(c) Tell a joke.
5. How does the soldier say he knows about the order?
(a) He saw a poster about it.
(b) He wrote it.
(c) He heard about it.
(d) He saw it.
6. What is the name of the character introduced in Part 2?
(a) Peyton Farquhar.
(b) Peyton Manning.
(c) Preston Farquhar.
(d) Peyton Place.
7. Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the posted order?
8. Which of the following is NOT a natural question to ask after reading Part 2?
(a) What was Peyton wearing?
(b) Was the visit to Peyton's house a random one?
(c) Was Peyton targeted by the enemy?
(d) Was Peyton being watched?
9. Who does the soldier say is repairing the railroads?
(a) The Rebs.
(b) The locals.
(c) The government.
(d) The Yanks.
10. What is the soldier's true job?
(a) He is a newspaper editor.
(b) He is a Federal general.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He is a Federal scout.
11. What color is the uniform worn by the soldier?
12. What is aroused in Peyton at the end of Part 2?
(a) His love.
(b) His anger.
(c) His curiosity.
(d) His passions.
13. The soldiers say the Yanks have already reached ________________________-.
(b) The Owl Creek Bridge.
(d) The gun depot.
14. What time of day does the soldier return to the Farquhar house?
15. What saying did Peyton believe in his heart?
(a) Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
(b) He who laughs last, laughs best.
(c) The early bird gets the worm.
(d) All is fair in love and war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following figures does Peyton NOT mention when talking about approaching the bridge?
2. Why is Peyton drawn into the soldier's story?
3. Peyton comes from a highly respected family of __________________.
4. What is Peyton Farquhar's occupation?
5. Who issued a notice that is posted at the Owl Creek Bridge?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)