|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far does the soldier say it is to Owl Creek Bridge?
(a) About 3 miles.
(b) About 30 miles.
(c) About 50 miles.
(d) About 300 miles.
2. What did the soldier ask Peyton regarding directions?
(a) He wanted to know how far it was to Owl Creek Bridge.
(b) He asked about the next town.
(c) He didn't ask anything about directions.
(d) He asked how to get to Owl Creek Bridge.
3. Who gets the water for the soldier?
(a) Mrs. Farquhar.
(b) Clayton Farquhar.
(c) A house slave.
(d) Peyton Farquhar.
4. What does the soldier say that the Yanks have built at the Owl Creek Bridge?
(a) A church.
(b) A gun depot.
(c) A train station.
(d) A stockade.
5. When does the soldier reappear at the Farquhar house?
(a) An hour later.
(b) A year later.
(c) The following week.
6. In what direction is the soldier headed when he rides past the Farquhar house again?
7. What color is the uniform worn by the soldier?
8. Peyton wants to know _______________________ if he could overcome the sentinel.
(a) Why a civilian would want to risk it even.
(b) If a civilian would get a reward.
(c) If a civilian would need help.
(d) What a civilian could accomplish.
9. How many men guard the Owl Creek Bridge?
10. Who approaches Peyton and his wife as they sit outside their home?
(a) A traveling salesman.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) A minister.
(d) A soldier.
11. What can be inferred about the story at the end of Part 2?
(a) Peyton's wife is going to be injured.
(b) Peyton is going to be a spy.
(c) Something ominous is about to take place.
(d) Peyton is going to enlist in the army.
12. How did Peyton feel about not being allowed to enlist in the army?
(a) He was upset.
(b) He felt lucky.
(c) He was embarrassed.
(d) He was mad about it.
13. What is the soldier's true job?
(a) He is a Federal general.
(b) He is a writer.
(c) He is a Federal scout.
(d) He is a newspaper editor.
14. Which of the following figures does Peyton NOT mention when talking about approaching the bridge?
(a) A student of hanging.
(b) A civilian.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A man.
15. Who is with Peyton when he is approached by someone at his property?
(a) His brother.
(b) No one.
(c) His son.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peyton comes from a highly respected family of __________________.
2. What are Peyton and his wife doing when they are approached by someone?
3. What does Peyton do while waiting for an opportunity to serve the South?
4. What does Peyton ask the soldier?
5. What does Peyton think about his opportunity to serve in the war?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)