|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the soldier approach Peyton's house?
(c) On horseback.
(d) On a mule.
2. What is the name of the character introduced in Part 2?
(a) Peyton Manning.
(b) Peyton Place.
(c) Peyton Farquhar.
(d) Preston Farquhar.
3. What prevented Peyton's enlisting in the army?
(a) Flat feet.
(b) Chicken pox.
(c) Bad heart.
(d) It is not known.
4. What did the soldier see lying against the pier the last time he was at the bridge?
(a) Some guns.
(b) Fishing poles.
(c) A dead body.
5. What does the soldier say that the Yanks have built at the Owl Creek Bridge?
(a) A gun depot.
(b) A train station.
(c) A stockade.
(d) A church.
6. Why is the Federal army repairing the railroads?
(a) In preparation for another advance.
(b) To transport prisoners.
(c) To help rebuild the South.
(d) To transport cannons.
7. What does the soldier NOT do after he drinks his water?
(a) Bows to Peyton.
(c) Thanks Mrs. Farquhar.
(d) Rides away on his horse.
8. What does Peyton do while his wife is getting the water?
(a) Pulls out his gun.
(b) Approaches the soldier.
(c) Returns to the house.
(d) Invites him to dinner.
9. The soldier says the driftwood would burn __________________.
(a) Like tow.
(b) Like an old barn.
(c) Like corn stalks.
(d) Like paper.
10. The soldiers say the Yanks have already reached ________________________-.
(b) The gun depot.
(c) The Owl Creek Bridge.
11. What does Peyton ask after the soldier tells about the order?
(a) How soon the Yanks will be arriving.
(b) If he believes the poster to be true.
(c) How far it is to Owl Creek Bridge.
(d) If he has ever killed any Yanks.
12. Who does the soldier say is repairing the railroads?
(a) The Rebs.
(b) The government.
(c) The locals.
(d) The Yanks.
13. Who issued a notice that is posted at the Owl Creek Bridge?
(a) The commandant.
(b) The president.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The governor.
14. Peyton is devoted to the ____________________.
(a) Southern cause.
(b) Marriage vows.
(c) Catholic Church.
(d) Northern cause.
15. What are Peyton and his wife doing when they are approached by someone?
(a) Working in the garden.
(b) Sitting on a bench.
(c) Taking a walk.
(d) Eating dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the posted order?
2. The posted order states that any civilian caught interfering with the railroad ______________________.
3. What does Peyton do while waiting for an opportunity to serve the South?
4. Peyton comes from a highly respected family of __________________.
5. What color is the uniform worn by the soldier?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)