|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day does the soldier return to the Farquhar house?
2. Which of the following does NOT characterize Peyton's motivations?
(a) He always wanted to be a spy.
(b) He wants to do whatever he can for the South.
(c) He wants to share in the glory of the cause.
(d) He longs to be of service.
3. What did the soldier see at the bridge the last time he was there?
(a) Ice chunks.
(c) A dead body.
4. What did the soldier ask Peyton regarding directions?
(a) He wanted to know how far it was to Owl Creek Bridge.
(b) He didn't ask anything about directions.
(c) He asked about the next town.
(d) He asked how to get to Owl Creek Bridge.
5. What is the second question Peyton asks the soldier?
(a) If he is married.
(b) How long he has been in the army.
(c) How the bridge is guarded.
(d) Where he comes from.
6. What is Mrs. Farquhar's demeanor about getting the water?
(a) She is hesitant.
(b) She does it grudgingly.
(c) She refuses.
(d) She is happy to do it.
7. How did the soldier approach Peyton's house?
(b) On a mule.
(d) On horseback.
8. Who approaches Peyton and his wife as they sit outside their home?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A minister.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A traveling salesman.
9. Who is with Peyton when he is approached by someone at his property?
(a) No one.
(b) His son.
(c) His wife.
(d) His brother.
10. Which of the following is NOT a natural question to ask after reading Part 2?
(a) Was Peyton being watched?
(b) Was the visit to Peyton's house a random one?
(c) What was Peyton wearing?
(d) Was Peyton targeted by the enemy?
11. What did the soldier see lying against the pier the last time he was at the bridge?
(a) Some guns.
(b) A dead body.
(d) Fishing poles.
12. What color is the uniform worn by the soldier?
13. The soldiers say the Yanks have already reached ________________________-.
(b) The Owl Creek Bridge.
(d) The gun depot.
14. What is the name of the character introduced in Part 2?
(a) Preston Farquhar.
(b) Peyton Place.
(c) Peyton Manning.
(d) Peyton Farquhar.
15. What are Peyton and his wife doing when they are approached by someone?
(a) Working in the garden.
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Sitting on a bench.
(d) Taking a walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peyton say a civilian would have to do to gain access to the bridge?
2. Which of the following figures does Peyton NOT mention when talking about approaching the bridge?
3. The soldier says the driftwood would burn __________________.
4. Peyton is a civilian with _________________.
5. What does the soldier say about the driftwood he saw?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)