|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the posted order?
2. In what direction is the soldier headed when he rides past the Farquhar house again?
3. Peyton comes from a highly respected family of __________________.
(a) Arms builders.
(c) Cotton merchants.
(d) Slave owners.
4. Peyton wants to know _______________________ if he could overcome the sentinel.
(a) If a civilian would get a reward.
(b) If a civilian would need help.
(c) What a civilian could accomplish.
(d) Why a civilian would want to risk it even.
5. Peyton is devoted to the ____________________.
(a) Marriage vows.
(b) Southern cause.
(c) Catholic Church.
(d) Northern cause.
6. What is Peyton Farquhar's occupation?
7. The soldier says the driftwood would burn __________________.
(a) Like corn stalks.
(b) Like an old barn.
(c) Like tow.
(d) Like paper.
8. Who does the soldier say is repairing the railroads?
(a) The Yanks.
(b) The government.
(c) The locals.
(d) The Rebs.
9. Who approaches Peyton and his wife as they sit outside their home?
(a) A minister.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A traveling salesman.
(d) A neighbor.
10. What is the name of the character introduced in Part 2?
(a) Preston Farquhar.
(b) Peyton Manning.
(c) Peyton Farquhar.
(d) Peyton Place.
11. What does Peyton ask the soldier?
(a) If he is a deserter.
(b) If he is hungry.
(c) What is the news from the front.
(d) If he is wounded.
12. The soldiers say the Yanks have already reached ________________________-.
(a) The gun depot.
(c) The Owl Creek Bridge.
13. What does Peyton do while waiting for an opportunity to serve the South?
(a) As little as possible.
(b) Writes newsletters.
(d) Anything he can.
14. When does the soldier reappear at the Farquhar house?
(a) An hour later.
(b) The following week.
(d) A year later.
15. Which of the following does NOT characterize Peyton's motivations?
(a) He longs to be of service.
(b) He always wanted to be a spy.
(c) He wants to do whatever he can for the South.
(d) He wants to share in the glory of the cause.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets the water for the soldier?
2. What saying did Peyton believe in his heart?
3. What color is the uniform worn by the soldier?
4. Which of the following is NOT a natural question to ask after reading Part 2?
5. Who issued a notice that is posted at the Owl Creek Bridge?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)