|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the soldier say he knows about the order?
(a) He heard about it.
(b) He saw a poster about it.
(c) He wrote it.
(d) He saw it.
2. What does Peyton think about his opportunity to serve in the war?
(a) It may come if he is patient.
(b) He will have to be alert and on the lookout.
(c) It will come at some point.
(d) It will never come.
3. What does the soldier NOT do after he drinks his water?
(a) Thanks Mrs. Farquhar.
(c) Bows to Peyton.
(d) Rides away on his horse.
4. What prevented Peyton's enlisting in the army?
(a) It is not known.
(b) Flat feet.
(c) Bad heart.
(d) Chicken pox.
5. What does Peyton ask after the soldier tells about the order?
(a) How far it is to Owl Creek Bridge.
(b) If he believes the poster to be true.
(c) If he has ever killed any Yanks.
(d) How soon the Yanks will be arriving.
6. The soldiers say the Yanks have already reached ________________________-.
(a) The gun depot.
(b) The Owl Creek Bridge.
7. What does the soldier say happened at the bridge last winter?
(a) The bridge gave way from ice.
(b) A blizzard.
(c) A train derailed.
(d) A flood.
8. What does Peyton ask the soldier?
(a) If he is hungry.
(b) If he is a deserter.
(c) If he is wounded.
(d) What is the news from the front.
9. What does the soldier say about the driftwood he saw?
(a) It was in little pieces.
(b) It was a strange color.
(c) It would be dry now.
(d) It was covered in moss.
10. Which of the following is NOT a natural question to ask after reading Part 2?
(a) Was the visit to Peyton's house a random one?
(b) Was Peyton being watched?
(c) Was Peyton targeted by the enemy?
(d) What was Peyton wearing?
11. What are Peyton and his wife doing when they are approached by someone?
(a) Working in the garden.
(b) Taking a walk.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Sitting on a bench.
12. How did the soldier approach Peyton's house?
(b) On horseback.
(c) On a mule.
13. What does the soldier say that the Yanks have built at the Owl Creek Bridge?
(a) A stockade.
(b) A gun depot.
(c) A church.
(d) A train station.
14. How many men guard the Owl Creek Bridge?
15. What color is the uniform worn by the soldier?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does the soldier ask?
2. In what direction is the soldier headed when he rides past the Farquhar house again?
3. What can be inferred about the story at the end of Part 2?
4. What is the soldier's appearance?
5. Who is with Peyton when he is approached by someone at his property?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)