|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far does the soldier say it is to Owl Creek Bridge?
(a) About 50 miles.
(b) About 300 miles.
(c) About 3 miles.
(d) About 30 miles.
2. What does the soldier say happened at the bridge last winter?
(a) A blizzard.
(b) The bridge gave way from ice.
(c) A flood.
(d) A train derailed.
3. What is the second question Peyton asks the soldier?
(a) How long he has been in the army.
(b) How the bridge is guarded.
(c) Where he comes from.
(d) If he is married.
4. What time of day does the soldier return to the Farquhar house?
5. When does the soldier say he had last been at the Owl Creek Bridge?
(a) A month ago.
(b) Last week.
(c) A year ago.
6. What is the soldier's appearance?
7. Why is the Federal army repairing the railroads?
(a) To transport prisoners.
(b) To help rebuild the South.
(c) To transport cannons.
(d) In preparation for another advance.
8. In what direction is the soldier headed when he rides past the Farquhar house again?
9. What did the soldier see at the bridge the last time he was there?
(a) Ice chunks.
(b) A dead body.
10. What does the soldier say about the driftwood he saw?
(a) It would be dry now.
(b) It was covered in moss.
(c) It was in little pieces.
(d) It was a strange color.
11. Which of the following does NOT characterize Peyton's motivations?
(a) He wants to do whatever he can for the South.
(b) He longs to be of service.
(c) He wants to share in the glory of the cause.
(d) He always wanted to be a spy.
12. In what state does Peyton live?
13. What did the soldier ask Peyton regarding directions?
(a) He wanted to know how far it was to Owl Creek Bridge.
(b) He didn't ask anything about directions.
(c) He asked about the next town.
(d) He asked how to get to Owl Creek Bridge.
14. What is Peyton Farquhar's occupation?
15. Peyton wants to know _______________________ if he could overcome the sentinel.
(a) If a civilian would need help.
(b) What a civilian could accomplish.
(c) Why a civilian would want to risk it even.
(d) If a civilian would get a reward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can be inferred about the story at the end of Part 2?
2. Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the posted order?
3. Peyton comes from a highly respected family of __________________.
4. How many men guard the Owl Creek Bridge?
5. Who is mentioned in the posted order?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)