|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a natural question to ask after reading Part 2?
(a) Was the visit to Peyton's house a random one?
(b) What was Peyton wearing?
(c) Was Peyton being watched?
(d) Was Peyton targeted by the enemy?
2. When does the soldier reappear at the Farquhar house?
(a) A year later.
(c) An hour later.
(d) The following week.
3. For what does the soldier ask?
(a) A bit of food.
(c) A fresh horse.
(d) A drink of water.
4. What does the soldier say about the driftwood he saw?
(a) It was covered in moss.
(b) It was a strange color.
(c) It was in little pieces.
(d) It would be dry now.
5. How did the soldier approach Peyton's house?
(a) On horseback.
(c) On a mule.
6. What can be inferred about the crime Peyton may have committed?
(a) He deserted from the army.
(b) He set fire to the driftwood to burn the bridge.
(c) He burned a neighbor's plantation.
(d) He shot a Yankee general.
7. Peyton wants to know _______________________ if he could overcome the sentinel.
(a) Why a civilian would want to risk it even.
(b) What a civilian could accomplish.
(c) If a civilian would need help.
(d) If a civilian would get a reward.
8. How many men guard the Owl Creek Bridge?
9. What does the soldier pause to do?
(a) Tell a joke.
(b) Drink the water.
(d) Collect his thoughts.
10. What does Peyton think about his opportunity to serve in the war?
(a) It will never come.
(b) It may come if he is patient.
(c) It will come at some point.
(d) He will have to be alert and on the lookout.
11. What is aroused in Peyton at the end of Part 2?
(a) His passions.
(b) His anger.
(c) His curiosity.
(d) His love.
12. Why is Peyton drawn into the soldier's story?
(a) He needs material for a novel.
(b) He longs to be part of the glory of war.
(c) He loves a good story.
(d) He wants something to tell his grandchildren one day.
13. At what time of day is Peyton approached by someone at his property?
(b) Early morning.
14. Peyton is a politician and a(n) ___________________.
15. What time of day does the soldier return to the Farquhar house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Peyton comes from a highly respected family of __________________.
2. Who is mentioned in the posted order?
3. What does the soldier say that the Yanks have built at the Owl Creek Bridge?
4. What is the soldier's appearance?
5. What does the soldier NOT do after he drinks his water?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)