|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peyton is a politician and a(n) ___________________.
2. Peyton wants to know _______________________ if he could overcome the sentinel.
(a) If a civilian would get a reward.
(b) Why a civilian would want to risk it even.
(c) If a civilian would need help.
(d) What a civilian could accomplish.
3. What did the soldier ask Peyton regarding directions?
(a) He didn't ask anything about directions.
(b) He asked about the next town.
(c) He asked how to get to Owl Creek Bridge.
(d) He wanted to know how far it was to Owl Creek Bridge.
4. The soldiers say the Yanks have already reached ________________________-.
(a) The gun depot.
(c) The Owl Creek Bridge.
5. How does the soldier say he knows about the order?
(a) He wrote it.
(b) He saw a poster about it.
(c) He saw it.
(d) He heard about it.
6. What is the second question Peyton asks the soldier?
(a) Where he comes from.
(b) How the bridge is guarded.
(c) How long he has been in the army.
(d) If he is married.
7. What is the soldier's true job?
(a) He is a Federal scout.
(b) He is a Federal general.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He is a newspaper editor.
8. Who is with Peyton when he is approached by someone at his property?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
(c) His brother.
(d) No one.
9. What is Peyton Farquhar's occupation?
10. What does the soldier pause to do?
(a) Collect his thoughts.
(c) Tell a joke.
(d) Drink the water.
11. What are Peyton and his wife doing when they are approached by someone?
(a) Sitting on a bench.
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Taking a walk.
(d) Working in the garden.
12. What is the name of the character introduced in Part 2?
(a) Peyton Place.
(b) Peyton Manning.
(c) Peyton Farquhar.
(d) Preston Farquhar.
13. Why is Peyton drawn into the soldier's story?
(a) He loves a good story.
(b) He needs material for a novel.
(c) He wants something to tell his grandchildren one day.
(d) He longs to be part of the glory of war.
14. What is Mrs. Farquhar's demeanor about getting the water?
(a) She is hesitant.
(b) She refuses.
(c) She is happy to do it.
(d) She does it grudgingly.
15. What does Peyton ask the soldier?
(a) If he is a deserter.
(b) If he is wounded.
(c) What is the news from the front.
(d) If he is hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the soldier say is repairing the railroads?
2. What does Peyton ask after the soldier tells about the order?
3. Why is the Federal army repairing the railroads?
4. How far does the soldier say it is to Owl Creek Bridge?
5. What prevented Peyton's enlisting in the army?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)