|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the soldier approach Peyton's house?
(b) On a mule.
(d) On horseback.
2. Peyton is a civilian with _________________.
(a) The heart of a soldier.
(b) A bad reputation.
(c) A criminal record.
(d) Political aspirations.
3. What is Peyton Farquhar's occupation?
4. What does the soldier say that the Yanks have built at the Owl Creek Bridge?
(a) A church.
(b) A stockade.
(c) A gun depot.
(d) A train station.
5. How does the soldier say he knows about the order?
(a) He saw it.
(b) He saw a poster about it.
(c) He wrote it.
(d) He heard about it.
6. When does the soldier say he had last been at the Owl Creek Bridge?
(a) Last week.
(b) A year ago.
(d) A month ago.
7. Peyton is a politician and a(n) ___________________.
8. What is the soldier's appearance?
9. What prevented Peyton's enlisting in the army?
(a) Bad heart.
(b) Flat feet.
(c) It is not known.
(d) Chicken pox.
10. For what does the soldier ask?
(b) A drink of water.
(c) A bit of food.
(d) A fresh horse.
11. Who issued a notice that is posted at the Owl Creek Bridge?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The commandant.
(c) The president.
(d) The governor.
12. How far does the soldier say it is to Owl Creek Bridge?
(a) About 30 miles.
(b) About 50 miles.
(c) About 3 miles.
(d) About 300 miles.
13. Who is with Peyton when he is approached by someone at his property?
(a) No one.
(b) His brother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His son.
14. Who approaches Peyton and his wife as they sit outside their home?
(a) A traveling salesman.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A minister.
15. Which of the following is NOT a natural question to ask after reading Part 2?
(a) Was the visit to Peyton's house a random one?
(b) Was Peyton being watched?
(c) Was Peyton targeted by the enemy?
(d) What was Peyton wearing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the soldier say about the driftwood he saw?
2. The soldier says the driftwood would burn __________________.
3. What does the soldier say happened at the bridge last winter?
4. What did the soldier see at the bridge the last time he was there?
5. Why is Peyton drawn into the soldier's story?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)