Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the condemned man note about the driftwood in the water below?
(a) It is very small.
(b) It is gray.
(c) It is moving slowly.
(d) It is huge.
2. What is the man standing on?
(a) Slack boards.
(b) Ship's plank.
3. What are the slack boards laid upon?
(d) Railway supports.
4. What does the condemned man focus on in the water below?
(a) Sun sparkling on the surface.
(b) A piece of driftwood.
(c) Salmon swimming upstream.
5. Which of the following is NOT a rank among the men on the platform with the man?
6. What literary technique does the author use when he says that death is a dignitary?
7. What color eyes does the condemned man have?
8. How can the condemned man's eyes be described?
9. In what direction is the man looking?
(a) To the right.
(c) To the left.
10. Who is the author of AN OCCURRENCE AT OWL CREEK BRIDGE?
(a) Ambrose Pierce.
(b) Ambrose Pearson.
(c) Anthonio Bierce.
(d) Ambrose Bierce.
11. What does the condemned man NOT wear?
(a) A hood.
(b) A tie.
(d) A hat.
12. The sergeant salutes the captain and ____________________.
(a) Rides away on his horse.
(b) Orders the men to shoot.
(c) Moves to stand behind him.
(d) Blows a bugle.
13. What role do the sentinels have in the impending execution?
(a) They are waiting on word of a reprieve.
(b) They will give the signal to proceed.
(c) They arrested the men.
(d) No role.
14. Where is the man standing at the beginning of Part 1?
(a) An alley.
(b) A city street.
(c) A cave.
(d) A railroad bridge.
15. What is the man's probable profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sentinels stand guard over the men on the platform?
2. The soldiers treat death with military etiquette and _______________.
3. The rope around the man's neck is attached to ______________________.
4. The condemned man feels as if his ears _______________________.
5. Where are the sentinels standing guard?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)