|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the sentinels standing guard?
(a) In nearby fields.
(b) In boats.
(c) In trees.
(d) The ends of the bridge.
2. Which of the following is NOT a rank among the men on the platform with the man?
3. What type of sound distracts the condemned man's thoughts?
4. Who is the author of AN OCCURRENCE AT OWL CREEK BRIDGE?
(a) Ambrose Pierce.
(b) Anthonio Bierce.
(c) Ambrose Pearson.
(d) Ambrose Bierce.
5. Where are the spectators located?
(a) In a special soundproof room.
(b) Standing in the grass.
(c) In line at parade rest.
(d) In bleachers.
6. What is the man standing on?
(a) Ship's plank.
(d) Slack boards.
7. What do the man's clothes indicate about him?
(a) He is a soldier.
(b) He is too young to die.
(c) He has been sucessful.
(d) He is a criminal.
8. When it is time for the execution, who moves away from the location first?
(a) The two privates.
(b) The sergeant.
(c) The general.
(d) The colonel.
9. What is the man doing with his hands?
(a) They are tied behind his back.
(b) He is signalling for help.
(c) He is clapping.
(d) He is waving to his friends.
10. What is the man wearing?
(a) Military uniform.
(c) A frockcoat.
(d) Night shirt.
11. Which of the following does the condemned man NOT visualize in his mind?
(a) Swimming away.
(b) Diving into the water.
(c) Ripping off the noose.
(d) Shooting the sergeant.
12. How old is the man to be hanged?
13. What does the condemned man NOT wear?
(a) A hat.
(b) A tie.
(c) A hood.
14. What does the condemned man want to do as the noise pounds in his head?
(a) Beg for mercy.
(b) Shoot himself.
15. What color eyes does the condemned man have?
Short Answer Questions
1. The sound becomes ______________ for the condemned man.
2. In what direction is the man looking?
3. What are the slack boards laid upon?
4. The sentinels are as still as ________________.
5. Which of the following is NOT a step in the hanging?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)