|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of AN OCCURRENCE AT OWL CREEK BRIDGE?
(a) Ambrose Bierce.
(b) Anthonio Bierce.
(c) Ambrose Pierce.
(d) Ambrose Pearson.
2. The soldiers treat death with military etiquette and _______________.
3. During what war does the story take place?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Korean War.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Civil War.
4. What color eyes does the condemned man have?
5. How many sentinels stand guard over the men on the platform?
6. What does the condemned man NOT wear?
(a) A tie.
(b) A hat.
(c) A hood.
7. The remaining plank spans how many railroad ties?
8. In what state is the man located?
9. What is the man wearing?
(a) Night shirt.
(b) Military uniform.
(c) A frockcoat.
10. Why is the man immobile?
(a) He is playing a game.
(b) His neck is in a noose.
(c) He is trying to hide.
(d) He is paralyzed.
11. Which of the following does NOT describe the condemned man?
(d) Common criminal.
12. What signal does the captain give to the sergeant?
(a) He shakes his hand.
(b) He salutes.
(c) He nods.
(d) He winks.
13. What is the position of the man to be hanged?
(a) A military officer.
(b) A spy.
(c) A civilian.
(d) A wayward politician.
14. In what direction is the man looking?
(c) To the right.
(d) To the left.
15. What literary technique does the author use when he says that death is a dignitary?
Short Answer Questions
1. The man in the noose stands at one end of the plank and __________________ stands at the other.
2. The sound becomes ______________ for the condemned man.
3. Who stands with the spectators?
4. When it is time for the execution, who moves away from the location first?
5. What is the man's probable profession?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)