|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man doing with his hands?
(a) They are tied behind his back.
(b) He is waving to his friends.
(c) He is signalling for help.
(d) He is clapping.
2. According to the soldiers' ____________, death is to be honored.
(c) Rule book.
(d) Unwritten code.
3. Why is the man immobile?
(a) He is playing a game.
(b) His neck is in a noose.
(c) He is paralyzed.
(d) He is trying to hide.
4. Who is the author of AN OCCURRENCE AT OWL CREEK BRIDGE?
(a) Ambrose Pierce.
(b) Ambrose Bierce.
(c) Anthonio Bierce.
(d) Ambrose Pearson.
5. What are the slack boards laid upon?
(a) Railway supports.
6. What color eyes does the condemned man have?
7. The sentinels are as still as ________________.
8. The man in the noose stands at one end of the plank and __________________ stands at the other.
(a) The sergeant.
(b) A private.
(c) A minister.
(d) The governor.
9. Which of the following does NOT describe the condemned man?
(d) Common criminal.
10. What is the position of the man to be hanged?
(a) A military officer.
(b) A spy.
(c) A wayward politician.
(d) A civilian.
11. What do the men in the infantry do while waiting for the execution?
(a) Close their eyes.
(c) Sit down.
(d) Stare forward.
12. What does the condemned man NOT wear?
(a) A hat.
(b) A tie.
(c) A hood.
13. What does the condemned man note about the driftwood in the water below?
(a) It is huge.
(b) It is gray.
(c) It is moving slowly.
(d) It is very small.
14. How many other men are on the platform with the man?
15. How old is the man to be hanged?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a step in the hanging?
2. The rope around the man's neck is attached to ______________________.
3. The sergeant salutes the captain and ____________________.
4. In what direction is the man looking?
5. During what war does the story take place?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)