|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The condemned man feels as if his ears _______________________.
(a) Are bleeding.
(b) Are being punctured with a knife.
(c) Are plugged up.
(d) Are being ripped off.
2. What is the date of the beginning of Part 1?
(a) June 25, 1864.
(b) September 15, 1954.
(c) It not known.
(d) April 7, 1813.
3. What is the source of the sound that the condemned man hears?
(a) His watch.
(b) A chain.
(d) The bridge.
4. Where is the man standing at the beginning of Part 1?
(a) An alley.
(b) A railroad bridge.
(c) A cave.
(d) A city street.
5. The soldiers treat death with military etiquette and _______________.
6. What does the condemned man think is the solution for his predicament?
(a) Freeing his hands.
(b) Bribing the guards.
(c) Finding his gun.
(d) Talking to the governor.
7. What does the condemned man NOT wear?
(a) A tie.
(b) A hat.
(c) A hood.
8. What holds the critical plank in place?
(a) A rope.
(b) An anchor.
(c) A horse.
(d) The sergeant.
9. What are the man's movements?
(a) He is exercising on the ground.
(b) He is doing acrobatics.
(c) He is jumping up and down.
(d) He is fixed on one spot.
10. What do the men in the infantry do while waiting for the execution?
(b) Sit down.
(c) Stare forward.
(d) Close their eyes.
11. Where are the sentinels standing guard?
(a) In boats.
(b) In trees.
(c) The ends of the bridge.
(d) In nearby fields.
12. Which of the following does NOT describe the condemned man?
(b) Common criminal.
13. What type of sound distracts the condemned man's thoughts?
14. What is the man doing with his hands?
(a) He is clapping.
(b) They are tied behind his back.
(c) He is waving to his friends.
(d) He is signalling for help.
15. How many sentinels stand guard over the men on the platform?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a rank among the men on the platform with the man?
2. What are the slack boards laid upon?
3. What signal does the captain give to the sergeant?
4. In what state is the man located?
5. Which of the following is NOT a step in the hanging?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)