|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What signal does the captain give to the sergeant?
(a) He winks.
(b) He salutes.
(c) He shakes his hand.
(d) He nods.
2. What is the man looking at?
3. According to the soldiers' ____________, death is to be honored.
(a) Rule book.
(c) Unwritten code.
4. What does the man think of when he closes his eyes?
(a) His home.
(b) His wife and children.
(c) His mother.
5. What is the man's probable profession?
6. The sentinels are as still as ________________.
7. What type of sound distracts the condemned man's thoughts?
8. What color eyes does the condemned man have?
9. Who is the author of AN OCCURRENCE AT OWL CREEK BRIDGE?
(a) Ambrose Pierce.
(b) Anthonio Bierce.
(c) Ambrose Bierce.
(d) Ambrose Pearson.
10. What does the condemned man want to take off his body?
(a) The blindfold.
(b) The hood.
(c) The noose.
(d) His coat.
11. The sound becomes ______________ for the condemned man.
12. How many other men are on the platform with the man?
13. How old is the man to be hanged?
14. Which of the following does the condemned man NOT visualize in his mind?
(a) Shooting the sergeant.
(b) Diving into the water.
(c) Ripping off the noose.
(d) Swimming away.
15. What do the man's clothes indicate about him?
(a) He has been sucessful.
(b) He is too young to die.
(c) He is a criminal.
(d) He is a soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the sentinels standing guard?
2. What is the position of the man to be hanged?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe the condemned man?
4. How can the condemned man's eyes be described?
5. The condemned man feels as if his ears _______________________.
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)