|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the privates do after moving away from the man?
(a) Pull away their planks.
(b) Wipe their brows.
(c) Ride away.
(d) Stand in silence.
2. How can Peyton's senses be described when he surfaces in the water?
(b) Extremely keen.
3. For what does the soldier ask?
(b) A drink of water.
(c) A fresh horse.
(d) A bit of food.
4. What is the second question Peyton asks the soldier?
(a) How the bridge is guarded.
(b) If he is married.
(c) How long he has been in the army.
(d) Where he comes from.
5. What is aroused in Peyton at the end of Part 2?
(a) His curiosity.
(b) His love.
(c) His passions.
(d) His anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the condemned man want to do as the noise pounds in his head?
2. What does Peyton do after he lands on the riverbank?
3. What does Peyton realize about his neck at this point?
4. What color eyes does the condemned man have?
5. Peyton feels his body swing like a pendulum in a _____________.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)