|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT characterize Peyton's motivations?
(a) He wants to share in the glory of the cause.
(b) He wants to do whatever he can for the South.
(c) He always wanted to be a spy.
(d) He longs to be of service.
2. The condemned man feels as if his ears _______________________.
(a) Are being ripped off.
(b) Are plugged up.
(c) Are bleeding.
(d) Are being punctured with a knife.
3. When it is time for the execution, who moves away from the location first?
(a) The two privates.
(b) The colonel.
(c) The sergeant.
(d) The general.
4. What does Peyton feel throughout his body?
(c) Flashing pains.
(d) Pins and needles.
5. How does the soldier say he knows about the order?
(a) He heard about it.
(b) He wrote it.
(c) He saw it.
(d) He saw a poster about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peyton do while his wife is getting the water?
2. What prevented Peyton's enlisting in the army?
3. What does Peyton find that he knows will take him home?
4. What saying did Peyton believe in his heart?
5. What does Peyton reach out to touch?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)