|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The remaining plank spans how many railroad ties?
2. Who steps off the veranda to meet Peyton?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His children.
(d) His wife.
3. How does the soldier say he knows about the order?
(a) He wrote it.
(b) He saw it.
(c) He saw a poster about it.
(d) He heard about it.
4. What is the name of the character introduced in Part 2?
(a) Preston Farquhar.
(b) Peyton Farquhar.
(c) Peyton Place.
(d) Peyton Manning.
5. What do the man's clothes indicate about him?
(a) He is a criminal.
(b) He has been sucessful.
(c) He is a soldier.
(d) He is too young to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peyton comes from a highly respected family of __________________.
2. What do the men in the infantry do while waiting for the execution?
3. The forest Peyton walks through could be compared to what?
4. When Peyton's power of thought returns, where does he think he is?
5. What does Peyton do when the rope is free of his neck?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)