|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the condemned man want to take off his body?
(a) The hood.
(b) The blindfold.
(c) The noose.
(d) His coat.
2. During what war does the story take place?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Civil War.
3. Peyton wants to know _______________________ if he could overcome the sentinel.
(a) What a civilian could accomplish.
(b) Why a civilian would want to risk it even.
(c) If a civilian would get a reward.
(d) If a civilian would need help.
4. The wind through the tree branches sounds like what to Peyton?
5. Peyton feels his body swing like a pendulum in a _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT characterize Peyton's motivations?
2. What does Peyton do when the rope is free of his neck?
3. What does the soldier say about the driftwood he saw?
4. What is the man looking at?
5. What does Peyton hear parting the water nearby?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)