|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The remaining plank spans how many railroad ties?
2. What does the condemned man focus on in the water below?
(a) Sun sparkling on the surface.
(c) A piece of driftwood.
(d) Salmon swimming upstream.
3. Which of the following does Peyton NOT experience with the removal of the noose?
(a) A wave of cool, quiet relief.
(b) His heart tried to jump out of his mouth.
(c) His neck ached horribly.
(d) His brain was on fire.
4. What does the captain do after giving the signal to the sergeant?
(a) Rides away.
(b) Salutes the troops.
(c) Shoots his pistol.
(d) Steps aside.
5. What color eyes do the keenest marksmen supposedly have?
Short Answer Questions
1. The wind through the tree branches sounds like what to Peyton?
2. Who is with Peyton when he is approached by someone at his property?
3. What does Peyton do while waiting for an opportunity to serve the South?
4. What does Peyton do when the rope is free of his neck?
5. What do the soldiers do when they see Peyton?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)