|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men in the infantry do while waiting for the execution?
(a) Sit down.
(b) Close their eyes.
(d) Stare forward.
2. What sense does Peyton have after he seems to wake up?
3. What does Peyton do when the rope is free of his neck?
(a) Breathes deep.
(d) Screams to have it put back.
4. The man in the noose stands at one end of the plank and __________________ stands at the other.
(a) The governor.
(b) The sergeant.
(c) A private.
(d) A minister.
5. For what does the soldier ask?
(a) A bit of food.
(c) A fresh horse.
(d) A drink of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the sentinels standing guard?
2. What is the soldier's true job?
3. What saying did Peyton believe in his heart?
4. How can Peyton's senses be described when he surfaces in the water?
5. What does Peyton find that he knows will take him home?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)