|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day does the soldier return to the Farquhar house?
2. What does the condemned man think is the solution for his predicament?
(a) Bribing the guards.
(b) Freeing his hands.
(c) Talking to the governor.
(d) Finding his gun.
3. Which of the following does NOT happen at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) Peyton falls through the bridge.
(b) Peyton gets his hands free.
(c) Peyton loses consciousness.
(d) Peyton appears dead.
4. How many men guard the Owl Creek Bridge?
5. What awakens Peyton?
(a) A sharp pressure on his throat.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) A stabbing.
(d) A clap of thunder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the spectators located?
2. What does the condemned man want to take off his body?
3. Which of the following does Peyton NOT experience with the removal of the noose?
4. When Peyton's power of thought returns, where does he think he is?
5. How old is the man to be hanged?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)