|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The condemned man feels as if his ears _______________________.
(a) Are being punctured with a knife.
(b) Are plugged up.
(c) Are bleeding.
(d) Are being ripped off.
2. The remaining plank spans how many railroad ties?
3. What is the position of the man to be hanged?
(a) A spy.
(b) A wayward politician.
(c) A civilian.
(d) A military officer.
4. What color eyes does the condemned man have?
5. What are Peyton and his wife doing when they are approached by someone?
(a) Taking a walk.
(b) Sitting on a bench.
(c) Working in the garden.
(d) Eating dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. The condemned man thinks the loud sound is like _____________________.
2. The sound becomes ______________ for the condemned man.
3. Peyton feels his body swing like a pendulum in a _____________.
4. What is the man's probable profession?
5. What do the privates do after moving away from the man?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)