|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of sound distracts the condemned man's thoughts?
2. What do the men in the infantry do while waiting for the execution?
(a) Sit down.
(b) Close their eyes.
(c) Stare forward.
3. Peyton is a civilian with _________________.
(a) A bad reputation.
(b) Political aspirations.
(c) The heart of a soldier.
(d) A criminal record.
4. What does Peyton realize that his hands are doing?
(a) Removing the noose from his neck.
(b) Swimming toward the surface.
(c) Hanging limply at his side.
(d) Untying his feet.
5. The sergeant salutes the captain and ____________________.
(a) Blows a bugle.
(b) Orders the men to shoot.
(c) Moves to stand behind him.
(d) Rides away on his horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peyton sense about the light that has surrounded him?
2. Where does Peyton land when he is able to extricate himself from the vortex?
3. What time of day is it when Peyton arrives at his home?
4. During what war does the story take place?
5. What are Peyton and his wife doing when they are approached by someone?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)