|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The wind through the tree branches sounds like what to Peyton?
2. What color eyes does the condemned man have?
3. Where are the sentinels standing guard?
(a) In boats.
(b) In trees.
(c) The ends of the bridge.
(d) In nearby fields.
4. Which of the following figures does Peyton NOT mention when talking about approaching the bridge?
(a) A man.
(b) A student of hanging.
(c) A civilian.
(d) A teacher.
5. What does the soldier say happened at the bridge last winter?
(a) A flood.
(b) A train derailed.
(c) The bridge gave way from ice.
(d) A blizzard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Peyton see from his vantage point in the water?
2. What happens when Peyton is about to clasp his wife?
3. What can be inferred about the story at the end of Part 2?
4. What do all the men on the platform have in common?
5. Which of the following does NOT happen at the beginning of Part 3?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)