|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peyton ask after the soldier tells about the order?
(a) How far it is to Owl Creek Bridge.
(b) How soon the Yanks will be arriving.
(c) If he believes the poster to be true.
(d) If he has ever killed any Yanks.
2. What does Peyton reach out to touch?
(a) His wife.
(b) His coat.
(c) His horse.
(d) His children.
3. Which of the following does Peyton not see when he looks at the forest?
(d) His family.
4. Which of the following does Peyton NOT think the sand is like?
5. The first part of Part 3 seems to be ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Peyton's senses be described when he surfaces in the water?
2. Where does Peyton go to hide from the soldiers?
3. What literary technique does the author use when he says that death is a dignitary?
4. What does Peyton sense about the light that has surrounded him?
5. Peyton thinks the noose looks like a _____________ in the water.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)