|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Peyton land when he is able to extricate himself from the vortex?
(a) A tree branch.
(b) A cave.
(c) A raft.
(d) The riverbank.
2. The soldier says the driftwood would burn __________________.
(a) Like corn stalks.
(b) Like paper.
(c) Like tow.
(d) Like an old barn.
3. How can Peyton's senses be described when he surfaces in the water?
(c) Extremely keen.
4. Why is the man immobile?
(a) His neck is in a noose.
(b) He is paralyzed.
(c) He is trying to hide.
(d) He is playing a game.
5. How does the condemned man view the system of execution?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the condemned man NOT wear?
2. Why is the Federal army repairing the railroads?
3. What is the man doing with his hands?
4. The soldiers say the Yanks have already reached ________________________-.
5. The condemned man thinks the loud sound is like _____________________.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)