|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peyton realize about his eyes?
(a) He cannot close them.
(b) He cannot open them.
(c) He cannot cry.
(d) He cannot see.
2. What does Peyton follow as he walks through the forest all day?
(a) The animal droppings.
(b) A woodsman's path.
(c) The sun.
(d) Tree markings.
3. Who are the spectators for the execution?
(a) Some nosy local people.
(b) A company of infantrymen.
(c) Families of the victim.
(d) Some news reporters.
4. What role do the sentinels have in the impending execution?
(a) They are waiting on word of a reprieve.
(b) No role.
(c) They arrested the men.
(d) They will give the signal to proceed.
5. What is Peyton Farquhar's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the soldier say he knows about the order?
2. According to the soldiers' ____________, death is to be honored.
3. The soldiers treat death with military etiquette and _______________.
4. What does the condemned man focus on in the water below?
5. What lay at both edges of the road that Peyton finds?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)