|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the position of the man to be hanged?
(a) A spy.
(b) A military officer.
(c) A civilian.
(d) A wayward politician.
2. Where is the man standing at the beginning of Part 1?
(a) A railroad bridge.
(b) A cave.
(c) An alley.
(d) A city street.
3. Which of the following is NOT a natural question to ask after reading Part 2?
(a) Was Peyton targeted by the enemy?
(b) Was Peyton being watched?
(c) Was the visit to Peyton's house a random one?
(d) What was Peyton wearing?
4. What does the condemned man NOT wear?
(a) A hat.
(c) A tie.
(d) A hood.
5. What does the soldier pause to do?
(b) Drink the water.
(c) Tell a joke.
(d) Collect his thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peyton knows there must be a ____________ ring around his neck where the rope had been.
2. The soldiers treat death with military etiquette and _______________.
3. What is Mrs. Farquhar's demeanor about getting the water?
4. Who does the soldier say is repairing the railroads?
5. What does the captain do after giving the signal to the sergeant?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)