|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men in the infantry do while waiting for the execution?
(a) Sit down.
(b) Stare forward.
(d) Close their eyes.
2. What does Peyton realize that his hands are doing?
(a) Hanging limply at his side.
(b) Swimming toward the surface.
(c) Untying his feet.
(d) Removing the noose from his neck.
3. What is the man standing on?
(c) Slack boards.
(d) Ship's plank.
4. What prevented Peyton's enlisting in the army?
(a) Flat feet.
(b) It is not known.
(c) Bad heart.
(d) Chicken pox.
5. Who does Peyton see standing on the shore?
(a) The soldiers who executed him.
(b) His family.
(c) His minister.
(d) His boyhood friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can be inferred about the story at the end of Part 2?
2. When does the soldier say he had last been at the Owl Creek Bridge?
3. What does the soldier say happened at the bridge last winter?
4. What do all the men on the platform have in common?
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Peyton by nightfall?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)