|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary technique does the author use when he says that death is a dignitary?
2. What does the condemned man want to do as the noise pounds in his head?
(c) Shoot himself.
(d) Beg for mercy.
3. How does the soldier say he knows about the order?
(a) He heard about it.
(b) He saw it.
(c) He saw a poster about it.
(d) He wrote it.
4. Who is mentioned in the posted order?
(a) Federal soldiers.
(c) Confederate soldiers.
(d) Home guard.
5. The soldiers treat death with military etiquette and _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the soldier say about the driftwood he saw?
2. What does Peyton find that he knows will take him home?
3. What can be inferred about the crime Peyton may have committed?
4. Peyton feels his body swing like a pendulum in a _____________.
5. The remaining plank spans how many railroad ties?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)