|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day does the soldier return to the Farquhar house?
2. What does Peyton realize that his hands are doing?
(a) Removing the noose from his neck.
(b) Untying his feet.
(c) Hanging limply at his side.
(d) Swimming toward the surface.
3. How many men guard the Owl Creek Bridge?
4. What does Peyton say a civilian would have to do to gain access to the bridge?
(a) Put mud on his face.
(b) Elude the picket post.
(c) Dress all in black.
(d) Walk in stocking feet.
5. Which of the following does NOT happen after the light disappears?
(a) Everything seems cold and dark.
(b) Peyton hears a big splash.
(c) There is a ringing in Peyton's ears.
(d) The light reappears as pink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date of the beginning of Part 1?
2. What do the men in the infantry do while waiting for the execution?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe the road that Peyton finds?
4. What holds the critical plank in place?
5. The roadway soon feels as if it is covered with ______________.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)