|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the man standing at the beginning of Part 1?
(a) An alley.
(b) A city street.
(c) A railroad bridge.
(d) A cave.
2. The condemned man thinks the loud sound is like _____________________.
(a) A clanging bell.
(b) Horses' hooves.
(c) A blacksmith's hammer.
3. According to the soldiers' ____________, death is to be honored.
(c) Rule book.
(d) Unwritten code.
4. What does Peyton think about his opportunity to serve in the war?
(a) It will never come.
(b) He will have to be alert and on the lookout.
(c) It may come if he is patient.
(d) It will come at some point.
5. What time of day is it when Peyton arrives at his home?
(a) Early evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the soldier say about the driftwood he saw?
2. What happens when Peyton is about to clasp his wife?
3. What is Peyton Farquhar's occupation?
4. What is aroused in Peyton at the end of Part 2?
5. When does the soldier reappear at the Farquhar house?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)