|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peyton reach out to touch?
(a) His coat.
(b) His wife.
(c) His children.
(d) His horse.
2. What is the man wearing?
(b) A frockcoat.
(c) Night shirt.
(d) Military uniform.
3. What does the soldier pause to do?
(a) Tell a joke.
(b) Drink the water.
(c) Collect his thoughts.
4. What does the soldier say happened at the bridge last winter?
(a) A train derailed.
(b) A blizzard.
(c) The bridge gave way from ice.
(d) A flood.
5. What does the soldier say that the Yanks have built at the Owl Creek Bridge?
(a) A stockade.
(b) A church.
(c) A gun depot.
(d) A train station.
Short Answer Questions
1. The rope around the man's neck is attached to ______________________.
2. What crime has the condemned man committed?
3. The man in the noose stands at one end of the plank and __________________ stands at the other.
4. What does the condemned man note about the driftwood in the water below?
5. The sound becomes ______________ for the condemned man.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)