|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The condemned man feels as if his ears _______________________.
(a) Are bleeding.
(b) Are being punctured with a knife.
(c) Are being ripped off.
(d) Are plugged up.
2. How can Peyton's senses be described when he surfaces in the water?
(a) Extremely keen.
3. Which of the following is NOT a step in the hanging?
(a) The plank will tilt.
(b) The sergeant will slap the horse.
(c) The sergeant will step off the plank.
(d) The man will fall.
4. The roadway soon feels as if it is covered with ______________.
5. What does Peyton hear parting the water nearby?
(a) A boat.
(b) A fishing lure.
(c) A piece of driftwood.
(d) A fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many other men are on the platform with the man?
2. What holds the critical plank in place?
3. Which of the following does NOT characterize Peyton's motivations?
4. Why is Peyton drawn into the soldier's story?
5. What happens to Peyton at the end of the story?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)