|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state is the man located?
2. What sense does Peyton have after he seems to wake up?
3. What does Peyton call being hanged below water by the wet noose?
4. What is the source of the sound that the condemned man hears?
(a) The bridge.
(b) A chain.
(c) His watch.
5. When it is time for the execution, who moves away from the location first?
(a) The colonel.
(b) The two privates.
(c) The general.
(d) The sergeant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the man to be hanged?
2. The remaining plank spans how many railroad ties?
3. What does Peyton sense about the light that has surrounded him?
4. What is the second question Peyton asks the soldier?
5. What role do the sentinels have in the impending execution?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)