|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Peyton see standing on the shore?
(a) The soldiers who executed him.
(b) His boyhood friend.
(c) His minister.
(d) His family.
2. Which of the following is NOT a natural question to ask after reading Part 2?
(a) Was Peyton targeted by the enemy?
(b) Was Peyton being watched?
(c) Was the visit to Peyton's house a random one?
(d) What was Peyton wearing?
3. Which of the following does NOT make music to Peyton's ears?
(c) Water spiders.
4. The forest Peyton walks through could be compared to what?
5. What does Peyton follow as he walks through the forest all day?
(a) A woodsman's path.
(b) The sun.
(c) The animal droppings.
(d) Tree markings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Peyton feel about not being allowed to enlist in the army?
2. For what does the soldier ask?
3. What time of day does the soldier return to the Farquhar house?
4. When it is time for the execution, who moves away from the location first?
5. What time of day is it when Peyton arrives at his home?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)