|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What saying did Peyton believe in his heart?
(a) The early bird gets the worm.
(b) All is fair in love and war.
(c) Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
(d) He who laughs last, laughs best.
2. Peyton hears voices whispering in _________________.
(d) An unknown tongue.
3. How many sentinels stand guard over the men on the platform?
4. The sentinels are as still as ________________.
5. What accosts Peyton when he thinks he is safely out of Federal territory?
(a) More rifle shots.
(b) Arrows from locals nearby.
(c) A cannonball.
(d) A gun ship veering toward him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What signal does the captain give to the sergeant?
2. What does the man think of when he closes his eyes?
3. What does Peyton ask after the soldier tells about the order?
4. What did the soldier see lying against the pier the last time he was at the bridge?
5. Peyton is a civilian with _________________.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)