|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peyton do while his wife is getting the water?
(a) Invites him to dinner.
(b) Approaches the soldier.
(c) Pulls out his gun.
(d) Returns to the house.
2. Where does Peyton land when he is able to extricate himself from the vortex?
(a) A raft.
(b) The riverbank.
(c) A cave.
(d) A tree branch.
3. Who approaches Peyton and his wife as they sit outside their home?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A minister.
(c) A traveling salesman.
(d) A neighbor.
4. The remaining plank spans how many railroad ties?
5. What does Peyton feel throughout his body?
(a) Pins and needles.
(c) Flashing pains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT make music to Peyton's ears?
2. Peyton wants to know _______________________ if he could overcome the sentinel.
3. What does Peyton do while waiting for an opportunity to serve the South?
4. Why is the man immobile?
5. What does the soldier NOT do after he drinks his water?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)