|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role do the sentinels have in the impending execution?
(a) They arrested the men.
(b) They are waiting on word of a reprieve.
(c) They will give the signal to proceed.
(d) No role.
2. For what does the soldier ask?
(a) A bit of food.
(b) A drink of water.
(d) A fresh horse.
3. What saying did Peyton believe in his heart?
(a) Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
(b) All is fair in love and war.
(c) He who laughs last, laughs best.
(d) The early bird gets the worm.
4. Who does Peyton see standing on the shore?
(a) The soldiers who executed him.
(b) His boyhood friend.
(c) His family.
(d) His minister.
5. What is the soldier's appearance?
Short Answer Questions
1. What can be inferred about the story at the end of Part 2?
2. What does the soldier say that the Yanks have built at the Owl Creek Bridge?
3. What does Peyton reach out to touch?
4. What do the man's clothes indicate about him?
5. Peyton wants to know _______________________ if he could overcome the sentinel.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)