|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the soldier reappear at the Farquhar house?
(b) An hour later.
(c) A year later.
(d) The following week.
2. What is the date of the beginning of Part 1?
(a) It not known.
(b) June 25, 1864.
(c) September 15, 1954.
(d) April 7, 1813.
3. What do all the men on the platform have in common?
(a) They are all bald.
(b) They are all smoking cigars.
(c) They are from the Federal army.
(d) They all have brown hair.
4. What does the condemned man want to take off his body?
(a) The noose.
(b) The blindfold.
(c) His coat.
(d) The hood.
5. What saying did Peyton believe in his heart?
(a) He who laughs last, laughs best.
(b) The early bird gets the worm.
(c) All is fair in love and war.
(d) Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man think of when he closes his eyes?
2. Who issued a notice that is posted at the Owl Creek Bridge?
3. Where are the spectators located?
4. The condemned man feels as if his ears _______________________.
5. What does Peyton think about his opportunity to serve in the war?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)