|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many other men are on the platform with the man?
2. The sound becomes ______________ for the condemned man.
3. What does the condemned man note about the driftwood in the water below?
(a) It is gray.
(b) It is moving slowly.
(c) It is huge.
(d) It is very small.
4. What does the soldier say happened at the bridge last winter?
(a) A flood.
(b) A blizzard.
(c) A train derailed.
(d) The bridge gave way from ice.
5. What are the man's movements?
(a) He is exercising on the ground.
(b) He is fixed on one spot.
(c) He is jumping up and down.
(d) He is doing acrobatics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the position of the man to be hanged?
2. During what war does the story take place?
3. The soldiers say the Yanks have already reached ________________________-.
4. According to the soldiers' ____________, death is to be honored.
5. What does the condemned man NOT wear?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)