|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets the water for the soldier?
(a) Peyton Farquhar.
(b) A house slave.
(c) Mrs. Farquhar.
(d) Clayton Farquhar.
2. How many men guard the Owl Creek Bridge?
3. What prevented Peyton's enlisting in the army?
(a) Chicken pox.
(b) Flat feet.
(c) Bad heart.
(d) It is not known.
4. The condemned man thinks the loud sound is like _____________________.
(a) A blacksmith's hammer.
(c) A clanging bell.
(d) Horses' hooves.
5. For what does the soldier ask?
(a) A bit of food.
(c) A fresh horse.
(d) A drink of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the man standing at the beginning of Part 1?
2. When it is time for the execution, who moves away from the location first?
3. Peyton is a politician and a(n) ___________________.
4. What does Peyton say a civilian would have to do to gain access to the bridge?
5. Why is Peyton drawn into the soldier's story?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)