|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the soldier reappear at the Farquhar house?
(a) A year later.
(b) An hour later.
(c) The following week.
2. The man in the noose stands at one end of the plank and __________________ stands at the other.
(a) The sergeant.
(b) A minister.
(c) The governor.
(d) A private.
3. What does Peyton think about his opportunity to serve in the war?
(a) It may come if he is patient.
(b) He will have to be alert and on the lookout.
(c) It will come at some point.
(d) It will never come.
4. What does Peyton do while waiting for an opportunity to serve the South?
(a) Writes newsletters.
(b) Anything he can.
(c) As little as possible.
5. What did the soldier see at the bridge the last time he was there?
(a) Ice chunks.
(c) A dead body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man doing with his hands?
2. What is the man wearing?
3. The posted order states that any civilian caught interfering with the railroad ______________________.
4. What is the source of the sound that the condemned man hears?
5. What is the position of the man to be hanged?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)