|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Farquhar's demeanor about getting the water?
(a) She refuses.
(b) She does it grudgingly.
(c) She is happy to do it.
(d) She is hesitant.
2. The condemned man thinks the loud sound is like _____________________.
(b) A blacksmith's hammer.
(c) Horses' hooves.
(d) A clanging bell.
3. What is Peyton Farquhar's occupation?
4. What is the man standing on?
(b) Slack boards.
(d) Ship's plank.
5. What does Peyton think about his opportunity to serve in the war?
(a) It will come at some point.
(b) It will never come.
(c) He will have to be alert and on the lookout.
(d) It may come if he is patient.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the condemned man note about the driftwood in the water below?
2. What does Peyton ask the soldier?
3. Peyton is a civilian with _________________.
4. What does the captain do after giving the signal to the sergeant?
5. How old is the man to be hanged?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)