|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who issued a notice that is posted at the Owl Creek Bridge?
(a) The commandant.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The governor.
(d) The president.
2. Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the posted order?
3. Where are the sentinels standing guard?
(a) In nearby fields.
(b) In boats.
(c) In trees.
(d) The ends of the bridge.
4. Which of the following is NOT a step in the hanging?
(a) The sergeant will step off the plank.
(b) The man will fall.
(c) The plank will tilt.
(d) The sergeant will slap the horse.
5. The condemned man feels as if his ears _______________________.
(a) Are plugged up.
(b) Are bleeding.
(c) Are being ripped off.
(d) Are being punctured with a knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man think of when he closes his eyes?
2. How can the condemned man's eyes be described?
3. What does the condemned man want to take off his body?
4. What is the soldier's appearance?
5. The sound becomes ______________ for the condemned man.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)