|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what direction is the soldier headed when he rides past the Farquhar house again?
2. Peyton is devoted to the ____________________.
(a) Southern cause.
(b) Catholic Church.
(c) Marriage vows.
(d) Northern cause.
3. In what direction is the man looking?
(b) To the left.
(d) To the right.
4. What holds the critical plank in place?
(a) A horse.
(b) The sergeant.
(c) An anchor.
(d) A rope.
5. Why is the Federal army repairing the railroads?
(a) In preparation for another advance.
(b) To transport cannons.
(c) To help rebuild the South.
(d) To transport prisoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does the soldier ask?
2. What color eyes does the condemned man have?
3. What do the privates do after moving away from the man?
4. What did the soldier ask Peyton regarding directions?
5. What is the man standing on?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)