|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can the condemned man's eyes be described?
2. The condemned man feels as if his ears _______________________.
(a) Are bleeding.
(b) Are plugged up.
(c) Are being ripped off.
(d) Are being punctured with a knife.
3. Who are the spectators for the execution?
(a) Families of the victim.
(b) Some nosy local people.
(c) Some news reporters.
(d) A company of infantrymen.
4. Peyton is a civilian with _________________.
(a) Political aspirations.
(b) A bad reputation.
(c) The heart of a soldier.
(d) A criminal record.
5. What does Peyton do while waiting for an opportunity to serve the South?
(a) As little as possible.
(b) Anything he can.
(d) Writes newsletters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the position of the man to be hanged?
2. How many sentinels stand guard over the men on the platform?
3. What does the condemned man want to take off his body?
4. The man in the noose stands at one end of the plank and __________________ stands at the other.
5. What is Mrs. Farquhar's demeanor about getting the water?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)