|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the soldier say he knows about the order?
(a) He wrote it.
(b) He saw a poster about it.
(c) He saw it.
(d) He heard about it.
2. During what war does the story take place?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Korean War.
3. When does the soldier say he had last been at the Owl Creek Bridge?
(a) Last week.
(b) A month ago.
(d) A year ago.
4. What color eyes does the condemned man have?
5. Which of the following did Peyton NOT long to experience as a soldier?
(a) The honor of a soldier's life.
(b) Shooting enemy soldiers.
(c) Something to put his energies into.
(d) The opportunity for distinction.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the soldiers' ____________, death is to be honored.
2. What holds the critical plank in place?
3. The condemned man feels as if his ears _______________________.
4. What does Peyton say a civilian would have to do to gain access to the bridge?
5. Peyton wants to know _______________________ if he could overcome the sentinel.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)