|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man doing with his hands?
(a) He is signalling for help.
(b) He is waving to his friends.
(c) They are tied behind his back.
(d) He is clapping.
2. The method of execution in the story is __________________.
(b) Military style.
3. The sound becomes ______________ for the condemned man.
4. At what time of day is Peyton approached by someone at his property?
(c) Early morning.
5. The sentinels are as still as ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the man's movements?
2. Peyton wants to know _______________________ if he could overcome the sentinel.
3. What does the condemned man note about the driftwood in the water below?
4. What does Peyton think about his opportunity to serve in the war?
5. What is the date of the beginning of Part 1?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)