|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The soldiers treat death with military etiquette and _______________.
2. Where is the man standing at the beginning of Part 1?
(a) A cave.
(b) A city street.
(c) A railroad bridge.
(d) An alley.
3. Which of the following is NOT a natural question to ask after reading Part 2?
(a) What was Peyton wearing?
(b) Was the visit to Peyton's house a random one?
(c) Was Peyton being watched?
(d) Was Peyton targeted by the enemy?
4. Peyton comes from a highly respected family of __________________.
(b) Arms builders.
(c) Cotton merchants.
(d) Slave owners.
5. The condemned man feels as if his ears _______________________.
(a) Are being ripped off.
(b) Are plugged up.
(c) Are bleeding.
(d) Are being punctured with a knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the privates do after moving away from the man?
2. Which of the following figures does Peyton NOT mention when talking about approaching the bridge?
3. What is the soldier's true job?
4. The man in the noose stands at one end of the plank and __________________ stands at the other.
5. What are the man's movements?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)