|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary technique does the author use when he says that death is a dignitary?
2. Which of the following figures does Peyton NOT mention when talking about approaching the bridge?
(a) A man.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A student of hanging.
(d) A civilian.
3. What signal does the captain give to the sergeant?
(a) He nods.
(b) He salutes.
(c) He winks.
(d) He shakes his hand.
4. What is the second question Peyton asks the soldier?
(a) Where he comes from.
(b) How long he has been in the army.
(c) If he is married.
(d) How the bridge is guarded.
5. What holds the critical plank in place?
(a) A rope.
(b) An anchor.
(c) A horse.
(d) The sergeant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the condemned man want to do as the noise pounds in his head?
2. How many sentinels stand guard over the men on the platform?
3. What is the man's probable profession?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe the condemned man?
5. What does the condemned man note about the driftwood in the water below?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)