|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date of the beginning of Part 1?
(a) June 25, 1864.
(b) September 15, 1954.
(c) It not known.
(d) April 7, 1813.
2. What role do the sentinels have in the impending execution?
(a) They arrested the men.
(b) No role.
(c) They will give the signal to proceed.
(d) They are waiting on word of a reprieve.
3. The sergeant salutes the captain and ____________________.
(a) Orders the men to shoot.
(b) Moves to stand behind him.
(c) Blows a bugle.
(d) Rides away on his horse.
4. What prevented Peyton's enlisting in the army?
(a) Bad heart.
(b) Chicken pox.
(c) It is not known.
(d) Flat feet.
5. Which of the following did Peyton NOT long to experience as a soldier?
(a) The opportunity for distinction.
(b) Shooting enemy soldiers.
(c) The honor of a soldier's life.
(d) Something to put his energies into.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the character introduced in Part 2?
2. What holds the critical plank in place?
3. Peyton is a civilian with _________________.
4. Which of the following does the condemned man NOT visualize in his mind?
5. What is the man wearing?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)