|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the condemned man NOT wear?
(a) A hat.
(b) A hood.
(d) A tie.
2. According to the soldiers' ____________, death is to be honored.
(b) Unwritten code.
(c) Rule book.
3. What does the condemned man want to take off his body?
(a) The hood.
(b) His coat.
(c) The blindfold.
(d) The noose.
4. Which of the following did Peyton NOT long to experience as a soldier?
(a) The honor of a soldier's life.
(b) Something to put his energies into.
(c) The opportunity for distinction.
(d) Shooting enemy soldiers.
5. Peyton comes from a highly respected family of __________________.
(a) Cotton merchants.
(b) Arms builders.
(d) Slave owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. The soldier says the driftwood would burn __________________.
2. What does the captain do after giving the signal to the sergeant?
3. What did the soldier see lying against the pier the last time he was at the bridge?
4. What does the soldier say happened at the bridge last winter?
5. What do the privates do after moving away from the man?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)