|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The rope around the man's neck is attached to ______________________.
(a) A tree.
(b) A scaffold.
(c) A cross timber.
(d) A forklift.
2. What does Peyton do while waiting for an opportunity to serve the South?
(a) Anything he can.
(b) Writes newsletters.
(d) As little as possible.
3. The soldier says the driftwood would burn __________________.
(a) Like tow.
(b) Like corn stalks.
(c) Like paper.
(d) Like an old barn.
4. Peyton comes from a highly respected family of __________________.
(b) Arms builders.
(c) Cotton merchants.
(d) Slave owners.
5. What prevented Peyton's enlisting in the army?
(a) Flat feet.
(b) It is not known.
(c) Bad heart.
(d) Chicken pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the privates do after moving away from the man?
2. Who issued a notice that is posted at the Owl Creek Bridge?
3. Who approaches Peyton and his wife as they sit outside their home?
4. The condemned man feels as if his ears _______________________.
5. What role do the sentinels have in the impending execution?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)