|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What saying did Peyton believe in his heart?
(a) He who laughs last, laughs best.
(b) All is fair in love and war.
(c) The early bird gets the worm.
(d) Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
2. What is the man wearing?
(a) Military uniform.
(b) A frockcoat.
(d) Night shirt.
3. The sound becomes ______________ for the condemned man.
4. What can be inferred about the crime Peyton may have committed?
(a) He set fire to the driftwood to burn the bridge.
(b) He deserted from the army.
(c) He burned a neighbor's plantation.
(d) He shot a Yankee general.
5. What is the name of the character introduced in Part 2?
(a) Peyton Farquhar.
(b) Preston Farquhar.
(c) Peyton Place.
(d) Peyton Manning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the soldier ask Peyton regarding directions?
2. Peyton comes from a highly respected family of __________________.
3. How far does the soldier say it is to Owl Creek Bridge?
4. According to the soldiers' ____________, death is to be honored.
5. Which of the following does NOT characterize Peyton's motivations?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)