|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Peyton NOT long to experience as a soldier?
(a) Something to put his energies into.
(b) The opportunity for distinction.
(c) Shooting enemy soldiers.
(d) The honor of a soldier's life.
2. Why is Peyton drawn into the soldier's story?
(a) He loves a good story.
(b) He longs to be part of the glory of war.
(c) He needs material for a novel.
(d) He wants something to tell his grandchildren one day.
3. What does the condemned man think is the solution for his predicament?
(a) Finding his gun.
(b) Talking to the governor.
(c) Freeing his hands.
(d) Bribing the guards.
4. What is the position of the man to be hanged?
(a) A wayward politician.
(b) A spy.
(c) A military officer.
(d) A civilian.
5. What do the men in the infantry do while waiting for the execution?
(a) Stare forward.
(b) Sit down.
(c) Close their eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the slack boards laid upon?
2. Peyton is a politician and a(n) ___________________.
3. Which of the following does NOT characterize Peyton's motivations?
4. Which of the following is NOT a rank among the men on the platform with the man?
5. What does the condemned man NOT wear?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)