|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The condemned man feels as if his ears _______________________.
(a) Are being ripped off.
(b) Are being punctured with a knife.
(c) Are bleeding.
(d) Are plugged up.
2. Who are the spectators for the execution?
(a) Some news reporters.
(b) Some nosy local people.
(c) Families of the victim.
(d) A company of infantrymen.
3. How many men guard the Owl Creek Bridge?
4. The rope around the man's neck is attached to ______________________.
(a) A scaffold.
(b) A cross timber.
(c) A forklift.
(d) A tree.
5. What does the soldier say about the driftwood he saw?
(a) It was a strange color.
(b) It was in little pieces.
(c) It was covered in moss.
(d) It would be dry now.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Peyton NOT long to experience as a soldier?
2. Why is the man immobile?
3. Which of the following is NOT a rank among the men on the platform with the man?
4. What literary technique does the author use when he says that death is a dignitary?
5. What role do the sentinels have in the impending execution?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)