|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the man's clothes indicate about him?
(a) He is a soldier.
(b) He is too young to die.
(c) He is a criminal.
(d) He has been sucessful.
2. Where are the spectators located?
(a) In line at parade rest.
(b) In bleachers.
(c) Standing in the grass.
(d) In a special soundproof room.
3. The sergeant salutes the captain and ____________________.
(a) Blows a bugle.
(b) Orders the men to shoot.
(c) Rides away on his horse.
(d) Moves to stand behind him.
4. What does the condemned man NOT wear?
(a) A hat.
(c) A tie.
(d) A hood.
5. What does the condemned man want to take off his body?
(a) The noose.
(b) The hood.
(c) His coat.
(d) The blindfold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the soldier's appearance?
2. How many other men are on the platform with the man?
3. Who are the spectators for the execution?
4. How did Peyton feel about not being allowed to enlist in the army?
5. What is Mrs. Farquhar's demeanor about getting the water?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)