|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the soldier say he knows about the order?
(a) He saw it.
(b) He wrote it.
(c) He saw a poster about it.
(d) He heard about it.
2. Who is with Peyton when he is approached by someone at his property?
(a) No one.
(b) His wife.
(c) His son.
(d) His brother.
3. What does Peyton think about his opportunity to serve in the war?
(a) It will come at some point.
(b) He will have to be alert and on the lookout.
(c) It will never come.
(d) It may come if he is patient.
4. When does the soldier say he had last been at the Owl Creek Bridge?
(b) A year ago.
(c) A month ago.
(d) Last week.
5. Who is mentioned in the posted order?
(a) Home guard.
(b) Federal soldiers.
(d) Confederate soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peyton wants to know _______________________ if he could overcome the sentinel.
2. The soldiers say the Yanks have already reached ________________________-.
3. The method of execution in the story is __________________.
4. In what state does Peyton live?
5. What does the condemned man focus on in the water below?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)