|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary technique does the author use when he says that death is a dignitary?
2. What is the source of the sound that the condemned man hears?
(a) The bridge.
(c) A chain.
(d) His watch.
3. What can be inferred about the story at the end of Part 2?
(a) Peyton is going to be a spy.
(b) Peyton's wife is going to be injured.
(c) Peyton is going to enlist in the army.
(d) Something ominous is about to take place.
4. Who does the soldier say is repairing the railroads?
(a) The Yanks.
(b) The Rebs.
(c) The government.
(d) The locals.
5. What did the soldier see at the bridge the last time he was there?
(a) Ice chunks.
(d) A dead body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the condemned man NOT wear?
2. What is the date of the beginning of Part 1?
3. How many other men are on the platform with the man?
4. What did the soldier ask Peyton regarding directions?
5. How did the soldier approach Peyton's house?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)