|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the soldier approach Peyton's house?
(a) On horseback.
(c) On a mule.
2. Peyton is a politician and a(n) ___________________.
3. What saying did Peyton believe in his heart?
(a) He who laughs last, laughs best.
(b) All is fair in love and war.
(c) The early bird gets the worm.
(d) Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
4. What does Peyton ask the soldier?
(a) If he is hungry.
(b) If he is a deserter.
(c) If he is wounded.
(d) What is the news from the front.
5. The posted order states that any civilian caught interfering with the railroad ______________________.
(a) Needs permission first.
(b) Will be hanged.
(c) Will be ordered to enlist.
(d) Needs a license.
Short Answer Questions
1. What signal does the captain give to the sergeant?
2. What color eyes does the condemned man have?
3. The sentinels are as still as ________________.
4. What does the soldier NOT do after he drinks his water?
5. Where are the spectators located?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)