|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following figures does Peyton NOT mention when talking about approaching the bridge?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A man.
(c) A student of hanging.
(d) A civilian.
2. How can the condemned man's eyes be described?
3. Where are the spectators located?
(a) Standing in the grass.
(b) In line at parade rest.
(c) In bleachers.
(d) In a special soundproof room.
4. The remaining plank spans how many railroad ties?
5. What is Peyton Farquhar's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a step in the hanging?
2. When it is time for the execution, who moves away from the location first?
3. What did the soldier see at the bridge the last time he was there?
4. What is the soldier's appearance?
5. What are Peyton and his wife doing when they are approached by someone?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)