|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The condemned man thinks the loud sound is like _____________________.
(a) A blacksmith's hammer.
(c) A clanging bell.
(d) Horses' hooves.
2. Why is the man immobile?
(a) He is trying to hide.
(b) He is paralyzed.
(c) He is playing a game.
(d) His neck is in a noose.
3. What prevented Peyton's enlisting in the army?
(a) Chicken pox.
(b) It is not known.
(c) Bad heart.
(d) Flat feet.
4. What color eyes does the condemned man have?
5. What are Peyton and his wife doing when they are approached by someone?
(a) Taking a walk.
(b) Sitting on a bench.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Working in the garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is with Peyton when he is approached by someone at his property?
2. What is the date of the beginning of Part 1?
3. According to the soldiers' ____________, death is to be honored.
4. When does the soldier reappear at the Farquhar house?
5. What does the condemned man focus on in the water below?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)