|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the condemned man focus on in the water below?
(b) Sun sparkling on the surface.
(c) Salmon swimming upstream.
(d) A piece of driftwood.
2. How many sentinels stand guard over the men on the platform?
3. Which of the following is NOT a rank among the men on the platform with the man?
4. Peyton is devoted to the ____________________.
(a) Catholic Church.
(b) Northern cause.
(c) Southern cause.
(d) Marriage vows.
5. What does Peyton ask the soldier?
(a) If he is a deserter.
(b) What is the news from the front.
(c) If he is wounded.
(d) If he is hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe the condemned man?
2. What do all the men on the platform have in common?
3. In what state is the man located?
4. What does Peyton think about his opportunity to serve in the war?
5. Where are the spectators located?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)