|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the condemned man want to take off his body?
(a) The blindfold.
(b) His coat.
(c) The noose.
(d) The hood.
2. Peyton is a civilian with _________________.
(a) The heart of a soldier.
(b) Political aspirations.
(c) A criminal record.
(d) A bad reputation.
3. What do the privates do after moving away from the man?
(a) Pull away their planks.
(b) Wipe their brows.
(c) Stand in silence.
(d) Ride away.
4. Which of the following is NOT a natural question to ask after reading Part 2?
(a) Was Peyton being watched?
(b) Was the visit to Peyton's house a random one?
(c) What was Peyton wearing?
(d) Was Peyton targeted by the enemy?
5. Who are the spectators for the execution?
(a) Some nosy local people.
(b) Some news reporters.
(c) A company of infantrymen.
(d) Families of the victim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peyton think about his opportunity to serve in the war?
2. What does the condemned man note about the driftwood in the water below?
3. What is the man looking at?
4. What does Peyton say a civilian would have to do to gain access to the bridge?
5. What is the date of the beginning of Part 1?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)