|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can the condemned man's eyes be described?
2. What do all the men on the platform have in common?
(a) They are all bald.
(b) They all have brown hair.
(c) They are all smoking cigars.
(d) They are from the Federal army.
3. What are the slack boards laid upon?
(b) Railway supports.
4. What saying did Peyton believe in his heart?
(a) The early bird gets the worm.
(b) Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
(c) All is fair in love and war.
(d) He who laughs last, laughs best.
5. What is the man wearing?
(b) Military uniform.
(c) A frockcoat.
(d) Night shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what war does the story take place?
2. How does the soldier say he knows about the order?
3. What do the privates do after moving away from the man?
4. Why is Peyton drawn into the soldier's story?
5. Which of the following does the condemned man NOT visualize in his mind?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)