|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peyton ask the soldier?
(a) If he is a deserter.
(b) If he is wounded.
(c) What is the news from the front.
(d) If he is hungry.
2. Where is the man standing at the beginning of Part 1?
(a) A cave.
(b) An alley.
(c) A railroad bridge.
(d) A city street.
3. What does the condemned man want to do as the noise pounds in his head?
(b) Beg for mercy.
(c) Shoot himself.
4. What does Peyton do while waiting for an opportunity to serve the South?
(a) Anything he can.
(b) As little as possible.
(c) Writes newsletters.
5. What does the condemned man want to take off his body?
(a) His coat.
(b) The noose.
(c) The hood.
(d) The blindfold.
Short Answer Questions
1. The method of execution in the story is __________________.
2. Who issued a notice that is posted at the Owl Creek Bridge?
3. When does the soldier reappear at the Farquhar house?
4. Which of the following did Peyton NOT long to experience as a soldier?
5. What is the source of the sound that the condemned man hears?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)