|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do all the men on the platform have in common?
(a) They are all smoking cigars.
(b) They are from the Federal army.
(c) They are all bald.
(d) They all have brown hair.
2. What do the privates do after moving away from the man?
(a) Stand in silence.
(b) Pull away their planks.
(c) Ride away.
(d) Wipe their brows.
3. Peyton comes from a highly respected family of __________________.
(b) Arms builders.
(c) Slave owners.
(d) Cotton merchants.
4. What does the condemned man note about the driftwood in the water below?
(a) It is moving slowly.
(b) It is very small.
(c) It is gray.
(d) It is huge.
5. What did the soldier see lying against the pier the last time he was at the bridge?
(a) Fishing poles.
(c) Some guns.
(d) A dead body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Farquhar's demeanor about getting the water?
2. Which of the following is NOT a rank among the men on the platform with the man?
3. Why is Peyton drawn into the soldier's story?
4. The sergeant salutes the captain and ____________________.
5. The method of execution in the story is __________________.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)