|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the soldier pause to do?
(a) Drink the water.
(b) Collect his thoughts.
(c) Tell a joke.
2. Peyton wants to know _______________________ if he could overcome the sentinel.
(a) If a civilian would need help.
(b) Why a civilian would want to risk it even.
(c) If a civilian would get a reward.
(d) What a civilian could accomplish.
3. What is the man standing on?
(a) Slack boards.
(b) Ship's plank.
4. What does the soldier say about the driftwood he saw?
(a) It would be dry now.
(b) It was covered in moss.
(c) It was a strange color.
(d) It was in little pieces.
5. What is the source of the sound that the condemned man hears?
(a) A chain.
(c) His watch.
(d) The bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the soldier see lying against the pier the last time he was at the bridge?
2. Who gets the water for the soldier?
3. Which of the following does the condemned man NOT visualize in his mind?
4. Who issued a notice that is posted at the Owl Creek Bridge?
5. What does the condemned man focus on in the water below?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)