|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT characterize Peyton's motivations?
(a) He always wanted to be a spy.
(b) He wants to share in the glory of the cause.
(c) He longs to be of service.
(d) He wants to do whatever he can for the South.
2. Peyton comes from a highly respected family of __________________.
(a) Slave owners.
(c) Cotton merchants.
(d) Arms builders.
3. Which of the following did Peyton NOT long to experience as a soldier?
(a) Something to put his energies into.
(b) The honor of a soldier's life.
(c) Shooting enemy soldiers.
(d) The opportunity for distinction.
4. How old is the man to be hanged?
5. The sentinels are as still as ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is mentioned in the posted order?
2. In what state does Peyton live?
3. How does the condemned man view the system of execution?
4. What is the date of the beginning of Part 1?
5. According to the soldiers' ____________, death is to be honored.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)