|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the condemned man want to do as the noise pounds in his head?
(a) Beg for mercy.
(c) Shoot himself.
2. What do the man's clothes indicate about him?
(a) He has been sucessful.
(b) He is a soldier.
(c) He is too young to die.
(d) He is a criminal.
3. What is Peyton Farquhar's occupation?
4. What does Peyton ask the soldier?
(a) If he is hungry.
(b) If he is wounded.
(c) If he is a deserter.
(d) What is the news from the front.
5. What holds the critical plank in place?
(a) A rope.
(b) An anchor.
(c) The sergeant.
(d) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Federal army repairing the railroads?
2. What prevented Peyton's enlisting in the army?
3. Which of the following figures does Peyton NOT mention when talking about approaching the bridge?
4. What is the man looking at?
5. What does the soldier NOT do after he drinks his water?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)