|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who issued a notice that is posted at the Owl Creek Bridge?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The president.
(c) The commandant.
(d) The governor.
2. Which of the following is NOT a step in the hanging?
(a) The sergeant will step off the plank.
(b) The man will fall.
(c) The sergeant will slap the horse.
(d) The plank will tilt.
3. The man in the noose stands at one end of the plank and __________________ stands at the other.
(a) The sergeant.
(b) A minister.
(c) The governor.
(d) A private.
4. Peyton wants to know _______________________ if he could overcome the sentinel.
(a) What a civilian could accomplish.
(b) If a civilian would get a reward.
(c) Why a civilian would want to risk it even.
(d) If a civilian would need help.
5. In what direction is the man looking?
(b) To the left.
(d) To the right.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can be inferred about the story at the end of Part 2?
2. The sentinels are as still as ________________.
3. What does the soldier pause to do?
4. Who gets the water for the soldier?
5. In what direction is the soldier headed when he rides past the Farquhar house again?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)