|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the man's movements?
(a) He is exercising on the ground.
(b) He is jumping up and down.
(c) He is doing acrobatics.
(d) He is fixed on one spot.
2. Which of the following does the condemned man NOT visualize in his mind?
(a) Diving into the water.
(b) Ripping off the noose.
(c) Swimming away.
(d) Shooting the sergeant.
3. Who is with Peyton when he is approached by someone at his property?
(a) His son.
(b) His wife.
(c) His brother.
(d) No one.
4. During what war does the story take place?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) World War II.
5. What can be inferred about the crime Peyton may have committed?
(a) He burned a neighbor's plantation.
(b) He deserted from the army.
(c) He shot a Yankee general.
(d) He set fire to the driftwood to burn the bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the condemned man view the system of execution?
2. What does the soldier NOT do after he drinks his water?
3. What does the man think of when he closes his eyes?
4. What does the condemned man note about the driftwood in the water below?
5. How many other men are on the platform with the man?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)