|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The soldiers say the Yanks have already reached ________________________-.
(b) The gun depot.
(c) The Owl Creek Bridge.
2. What do the man's clothes indicate about him?
(a) He is too young to die.
(b) He is a criminal.
(c) He has been sucessful.
(d) He is a soldier.
3. For what does the soldier ask?
(a) A fresh horse.
(b) A bit of food.
(c) A drink of water.
4. Why is the Federal army repairing the railroads?
(a) In preparation for another advance.
(b) To transport cannons.
(c) To help rebuild the South.
(d) To transport prisoners.
5. Peyton is a civilian with _________________.
(a) The heart of a soldier.
(b) A criminal record.
(c) Political aspirations.
(d) A bad reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the man to be hanged?
2. What does the soldier pause to do?
3. During what war does the story take place?
4. Who are the spectators for the execution?
5. Which of the following does NOT describe the condemned man?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)