|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peyton is a politician and a(n) ___________________.
2. What does Peyton do while his wife is getting the water?
(a) Pulls out his gun.
(b) Invites him to dinner.
(c) Approaches the soldier.
(d) Returns to the house.
3. The condemned man thinks the loud sound is like _____________________.
(a) A clanging bell.
(b) A blacksmith's hammer.
(d) Horses' hooves.
4. Who is mentioned in the posted order?
(a) Confederate soldiers.
(c) Federal soldiers.
(d) Home guard.
5. What is the name of the character introduced in Part 2?
(a) Peyton Farquhar.
(b) Peyton Place.
(c) Peyton Manning.
(d) Preston Farquhar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who issued a notice that is posted at the Owl Creek Bridge?
2. Peyton is devoted to the ____________________.
3. When it is time for the execution, who moves away from the location first?
4. Why is Peyton drawn into the soldier's story?
5. What do the men in the infantry do while waiting for the execution?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)