|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of AN OCCURRENCE AT OWL CREEK BRIDGE?
(a) Ambrose Bierce.
(b) Anthonio Bierce.
(c) Ambrose Pierce.
(d) Ambrose Pearson.
2. What does Peyton do while his wife is getting the water?
(a) Pulls out his gun.
(b) Invites him to dinner.
(c) Approaches the soldier.
(d) Returns to the house.
3. What does the condemned man think is the solution for his predicament?
(a) Freeing his hands.
(b) Finding his gun.
(c) Bribing the guards.
(d) Talking to the governor.
4. What is the second question Peyton asks the soldier?
(a) Where he comes from.
(b) How the bridge is guarded.
(c) If he is married.
(d) How long he has been in the army.
5. Who gets the water for the soldier?
(a) Mrs. Farquhar.
(b) Clayton Farquhar.
(c) Peyton Farquhar.
(d) A house slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the soldier say is repairing the railroads?
2. The method of execution in the story is __________________.
3. What does the soldier say that the Yanks have built at the Owl Creek Bridge?
4. What time of day does the soldier return to the Farquhar house?
5. How many other men are on the platform with the man?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)