|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the man's movements?
(a) He is doing acrobatics.
(b) He is exercising on the ground.
(c) He is fixed on one spot.
(d) He is jumping up and down.
2. What do the man's clothes indicate about him?
(a) He has been sucessful.
(b) He is a soldier.
(c) He is too young to die.
(d) He is a criminal.
3. How many other men are on the platform with the man?
4. What do the men in the infantry do while waiting for the execution?
(a) Close their eyes.
(b) Sit down.
(c) Stare forward.
5. Who stands with the spectators?
(a) A lieutenant.
(b) The governor.
(c) A minister.
(d) The mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a rank among the men on the platform with the man?
2. The sound becomes ______________ for the condemned man.
3. During what war does the story take place?
4. Who are the spectators for the execution?
5. The man in the noose stands at one end of the plank and __________________ stands at the other.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)