|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the soldiers' ____________, death is to be honored.
(b) Unwritten code.
(c) Rule book.
2. What holds the critical plank in place?
(a) An anchor.
(b) A horse.
(c) A rope.
(d) The sergeant.
3. What does the man think of when he closes his eyes?
(a) His wife and children.
(b) His mother.
(d) His home.
4. The sentinels are as still as ________________.
5. How many sentinels stand guard over the men on the platform?
Short Answer Questions
1. The sound becomes ______________ for the condemned man.
2. What does the captain do after giving the signal to the sergeant?
3. How does the condemned man view the system of execution?
4. What does the condemned man NOT wear?
5. What type of sound distracts the condemned man's thoughts?
This section contains 145 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)