|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the condemned man want to do as the noise pounds in his head?
(a) Beg for mercy.
(c) Shoot himself.
2. What signal does the captain give to the sergeant?
(a) He shakes his hand.
(b) He salutes.
(c) He winks.
(d) He nods.
3. What are the slack boards laid upon?
(c) Railway supports.
4. The condemned man thinks the loud sound is like _____________________.
(a) Horses' hooves.
(c) A clanging bell.
(d) A blacksmith's hammer.
5. The condemned man feels as if his ears _______________________.
(a) Are being ripped off.
(b) Are bleeding.
(c) Are being punctured with a knife.
(d) Are plugged up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man looking at?
2. What is the source of the sound that the condemned man hears?
3. The method of execution in the story is __________________.
4. Which of the following is NOT a rank among the men on the platform with the man?
5. Where are the sentinels standing guard?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)