|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many other men are on the platform with the man?
2. What type of sound distracts the condemned man's thoughts?
3. Why is the man immobile?
(a) He is trying to hide.
(b) His neck is in a noose.
(c) He is paralyzed.
(d) He is playing a game.
4. How many sentinels stand guard over the men on the platform?
5. The condemned man thinks the loud sound is like _____________________.
(a) A blacksmith's hammer.
(b) A clanging bell.
(c) Horses' hooves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary technique does the author use when he says that death is a dignitary?
2. What are the man's movements?
3. What do all the men on the platform have in common?
4. What crime has the condemned man committed?
5. What is the man's probable profession?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)