|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a rank among the men on the platform with the man?
2. What is the man standing on?
(b) Ship's plank.
(c) Slack boards.
3. Which of the following is NOT a step in the hanging?
(a) The sergeant will slap the horse.
(b) The plank will tilt.
(c) The man will fall.
(d) The sergeant will step off the plank.
4. The remaining plank spans how many railroad ties?
5. What do the privates do after moving away from the man?
(a) Pull away their planks.
(b) Stand in silence.
(c) Ride away.
(d) Wipe their brows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary technique does the author use when he says that death is a dignitary?
2. According to the soldiers' ____________, death is to be honored.
3. What does the condemned man focus on in the water below?
4. What crime has the condemned man committed?
5. Who is the author of AN OCCURRENCE AT OWL CREEK BRIDGE?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)