|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The condemned man thinks the loud sound is like _____________________.
(b) A blacksmith's hammer.
(c) Horses' hooves.
(d) A clanging bell.
2. What crime has the condemned man committed?
(c) It is unknown at this point.
3. What is the man's probable profession?
4. What does the condemned man focus on in the water below?
(a) A piece of driftwood.
(b) Sun sparkling on the surface.
(d) Salmon swimming upstream.
5. Who are the spectators for the execution?
(a) Families of the victim.
(b) A company of infantrymen.
(c) Some nosy local people.
(d) Some news reporters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the condemned man think is the solution for his predicament?
2. During what war does the story take place?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe the condemned man?
4. The soldiers treat death with military etiquette and _______________.
5. What does the condemned man note about the driftwood in the water below?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)