|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man in the noose stands at one end of the plank and __________________ stands at the other.
(a) The sergeant.
(b) A private.
(c) The governor.
(d) A minister.
2. The remaining plank spans how many railroad ties?
3. In what direction is the man looking?
(a) To the left.
(d) To the right.
4. The condemned man feels as if his ears _______________________.
(a) Are being punctured with a knife.
(b) Are plugged up.
(c) Are bleeding.
(d) Are being ripped off.
5. What does the condemned man note about the driftwood in the water below?
(a) It is very small.
(b) It is moving slowly.
(c) It is gray.
(d) It is huge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the man standing at the beginning of Part 1?
2. How many other men are on the platform with the man?
3. What do the man's clothes indicate about him?
4. What color eyes does the condemned man have?
5. How can the condemned man's eyes be described?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)