|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What signal does the captain give to the sergeant?
(a) He nods.
(b) He shakes his hand.
(c) He salutes.
(d) He winks.
2. In what direction is the man looking?
(a) To the right.
(d) To the left.
3. In what state is the man located?
4. What is the man standing on?
(b) Ship's plank.
(d) Slack boards.
5. What do the privates do after moving away from the man?
(a) Stand in silence.
(b) Pull away their planks.
(c) Ride away.
(d) Wipe their brows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the sentinels standing guard?
2. How old is the man to be hanged?
3. What is the man's probable profession?
4. The condemned man thinks the loud sound is like _____________________.
5. The condemned man feels as if his ears _______________________.
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)