|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what war does the story take place?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Korean War.
2. What does the condemned man want to take off his body?
(a) His coat.
(b) The hood.
(c) The noose.
(d) The blindfold.
3. What is the man wearing?
(a) A frockcoat.
(b) Military uniform.
(c) Night shirt.
4. What does the condemned man focus on in the water below?
(a) Sun sparkling on the surface.
(c) A piece of driftwood.
(d) Salmon swimming upstream.
5. In what state is the man located?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date of the beginning of Part 1?
2. Where are the sentinels standing guard?
3. The sergeant salutes the captain and ____________________.
4. Which of the following does NOT describe the condemned man?
5. What type of sound distracts the condemned man's thoughts?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)