|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man standing on?
(c) Slack boards.
(d) Ship's plank.
2. The condemned man feels as if his ears _______________________.
(a) Are being ripped off.
(b) Are being punctured with a knife.
(c) Are bleeding.
(d) Are plugged up.
3. When it is time for the execution, who moves away from the location first?
(a) The colonel.
(b) The sergeant.
(c) The general.
(d) The two privates.
4. Which of the following is NOT a rank among the men on the platform with the man?
5. The soldiers treat death with military etiquette and _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe the condemned man?
2. What is the date of the beginning of Part 1?
3. What does the condemned man note about the driftwood in the water below?
4. How many other men are on the platform with the man?
5. The sentinels are as still as ________________.
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)