|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man's probable profession?
2. The remaining plank spans how many railroad ties?
3. What is the man doing with his hands?
(a) He is waving to his friends.
(b) He is signalling for help.
(c) He is clapping.
(d) They are tied behind his back.
4. What do the men in the infantry do while waiting for the execution?
(a) Sit down.
(c) Close their eyes.
(d) Stare forward.
5. How does the condemned man view the system of execution?
Short Answer Questions
1. When it is time for the execution, who moves away from the location first?
2. According to the soldiers' ____________, death is to be honored.
3. What literary technique does the author use when he says that death is a dignitary?
4. What does the man think of when he closes his eyes?
5. Where are the sentinels standing guard?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)