|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What signal does the captain give to the sergeant?
(a) He shakes his hand.
(b) He winks.
(c) He nods.
(d) He salutes.
2. How old is the man to be hanged?
3. Where are the spectators located?
(a) In a special soundproof room.
(b) In line at parade rest.
(c) In bleachers.
(d) Standing in the grass.
4. Who is the author of AN OCCURRENCE AT OWL CREEK BRIDGE?
(a) Ambrose Pierce.
(b) Ambrose Pearson.
(c) Anthonio Bierce.
(d) Ambrose Bierce.
5. What type of sound distracts the condemned man's thoughts?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the position of the man to be hanged?
2. What do all the men on the platform have in common?
3. Who stands with the spectators?
4. What does the condemned man focus on in the water below?
5. The sound becomes ______________ for the condemned man.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)