|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man standing on?
(a) Slack boards.
(c) Ship's plank.
2. Where are the spectators located?
(a) In bleachers.
(b) In line at parade rest.
(c) Standing in the grass.
(d) In a special soundproof room.
3. Where are the sentinels standing guard?
(a) In boats.
(b) In trees.
(c) In nearby fields.
(d) The ends of the bridge.
4. The man in the noose stands at one end of the plank and __________________ stands at the other.
(a) The sergeant.
(b) A minister.
(c) The governor.
(d) A private.
5. The remaining plank spans how many railroad ties?
Short Answer Questions
1. The condemned man feels as if his ears _______________________.
2. Where is the man standing at the beginning of Part 1?
3. During what war does the story take place?
4. Why is the man immobile?
5. What does the condemned man NOT wear?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)