|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man looking at?
2. How many other men are on the platform with the man?
3. What role do the sentinels have in the impending execution?
(a) No role.
(b) They will give the signal to proceed.
(c) They are waiting on word of a reprieve.
(d) They arrested the men.
4. How can the condemned man's eyes be described?
5. What does the man think of when he closes his eyes?
(b) His wife and children.
(c) His home.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe the condemned man?
2. What literary technique does the author use when he says that death is a dignitary?
3. What does the captain do after giving the signal to the sergeant?
4. According to the soldiers' ____________, death is to be honored.
5. Which of the following is NOT a step in the hanging?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)