|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can the condemned man's eyes be described?
2. What is the man standing on?
(a) Slack boards.
(d) Ship's plank.
3. What holds the critical plank in place?
(a) The sergeant.
(b) An anchor.
(c) A rope.
(d) A horse.
4. What do the men in the infantry do while waiting for the execution?
(a) Stare forward.
(b) Close their eyes.
(d) Sit down.
5. What does the condemned man NOT wear?
(b) A tie.
(c) A hood.
(d) A hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of AN OCCURRENCE AT OWL CREEK BRIDGE?
2. What crime has the condemned man committed?
3. Why is the man immobile?
4. The remaining plank spans how many railroad ties?
5. The sound becomes ______________ for the condemned man.
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)