|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sergeant salutes the captain and ____________________.
(a) Rides away on his horse.
(b) Moves to stand behind him.
(c) Orders the men to shoot.
(d) Blows a bugle.
2. The remaining plank spans how many railroad ties?
3. What is the date of the beginning of Part 1?
(a) September 15, 1954.
(b) It not known.
(c) June 25, 1864.
(d) April 7, 1813.
4. What does the condemned man focus on in the water below?
(a) Sun sparkling on the surface.
(c) Salmon swimming upstream.
(d) A piece of driftwood.
5. What does the man think of when he closes his eyes?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife and children.
(d) His home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the condemned man want to do as the noise pounds in his head?
2. What crime has the condemned man committed?
3. What is the man wearing?
4. According to the soldiers' ____________, death is to be honored.
5. During what war does the story take place?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)