|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the condemned man think is the solution for his predicament?
(a) Talking to the governor.
(b) Freeing his hands.
(c) Bribing the guards.
(d) Finding his gun.
2. Which of the following is NOT a rank among the men on the platform with the man?
3. The remaining plank spans how many railroad ties?
4. What holds the critical plank in place?
(a) The sergeant.
(b) A rope.
(c) An anchor.
(d) A horse.
5. Who are the spectators for the execution?
(a) Families of the victim.
(b) Some news reporters.
(c) Some nosy local people.
(d) A company of infantrymen.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the soldiers' ____________, death is to be honored.
2. How old is the man to be hanged?
3. How can the condemned man's eyes be described?
4. During what war does the story take place?
5. The soldiers treat death with military etiquette and _______________.
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)