|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date of the beginning of Part 1?
(a) June 25, 1864.
(b) It not known.
(c) September 15, 1954.
(d) April 7, 1813.
2. Where are the sentinels standing guard?
(a) In trees.
(b) In nearby fields.
(c) The ends of the bridge.
(d) In boats.
3. What do the men in the infantry do while waiting for the execution?
(a) Close their eyes.
(c) Stare forward.
(d) Sit down.
4. Which of the following does the condemned man NOT visualize in his mind?
(a) Ripping off the noose.
(b) Shooting the sergeant.
(c) Diving into the water.
(d) Swimming away.
5. Which of the following is NOT a step in the hanging?
(a) The sergeant will slap the horse.
(b) The plank will tilt.
(c) The sergeant will step off the plank.
(d) The man will fall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do all the men on the platform have in common?
2. What does the condemned man want to take off his body?
3. What does the condemned man want to do as the noise pounds in his head?
4. How many sentinels stand guard over the men on the platform?
5. What type of sound distracts the condemned man's thoughts?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)