|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary technique does the author use when he says that death is a dignitary?
2. What do the man's clothes indicate about him?
(a) He has been sucessful.
(b) He is a criminal.
(c) He is too young to die.
(d) He is a soldier.
3. What does the condemned man note about the driftwood in the water below?
(a) It is huge.
(b) It is gray.
(c) It is moving slowly.
(d) It is very small.
4. How many other men are on the platform with the man?
5. In what state is the man located?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the condemned man want to take off his body?
2. When it is time for the execution, who moves away from the location first?
3. The sentinels are as still as ________________.
4. What does the condemned man NOT wear?
5. What role do the sentinels have in the impending execution?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)