|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a rank among the men on the platform with the man?
2. Where is the man standing at the beginning of Part 1?
(a) A city street.
(b) An alley.
(c) A railroad bridge.
(d) A cave.
3. What literary technique does the author use when he says that death is a dignitary?
4. What do the privates do after moving away from the man?
(a) Ride away.
(b) Stand in silence.
(c) Pull away their planks.
(d) Wipe their brows.
5. What is the date of the beginning of Part 1?
(a) September 15, 1954.
(b) June 25, 1864.
(c) It not known.
(d) April 7, 1813.
Short Answer Questions
1. The condemned man thinks the loud sound is like _____________________.
2. What does the condemned man NOT wear?
3. The method of execution in the story is __________________.
4. What does the condemned man want to take off his body?
5. How can the condemned man's eyes be described?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)