|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When it is time for the execution, who moves away from the location first?
(a) The two privates.
(b) The sergeant.
(c) The general.
(d) The colonel.
2. What crime has the condemned man committed?
(d) It is unknown at this point.
3. Which of the following is NOT a step in the hanging?
(a) The plank will tilt.
(b) The man will fall.
(c) The sergeant will slap the horse.
(d) The sergeant will step off the plank.
4. How many other men are on the platform with the man?
5. The sentinels are as still as ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The condemned man thinks the loud sound is like _____________________.
2. The soldiers treat death with military etiquette and _______________.
3. Who is the author of AN OCCURRENCE AT OWL CREEK BRIDGE?
4. During what war does the story take place?
5. What does the condemned man note about the driftwood in the water below?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)