|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the captain do after giving the signal to the sergeant?
(a) Rides away.
(b) Salutes the troops.
(c) Steps aside.
(d) Shoots his pistol.
2. Where are the spectators located?
(a) Standing in the grass.
(b) In a special soundproof room.
(c) In bleachers.
(d) In line at parade rest.
3. What is the man standing on?
(a) Ship's plank.
(d) Slack boards.
4. In what direction is the man looking?
(a) To the right.
(d) To the left.
5. Which of the following does the condemned man NOT visualize in his mind?
(a) Shooting the sergeant.
(b) Diving into the water.
(c) Ripping off the noose.
(d) Swimming away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the condemned man want to take off his body?
2. How does the condemned man view the system of execution?
3. The soldiers treat death with military etiquette and _______________.
4. How can the condemned man's eyes be described?
5. What does the condemned man want to do as the noise pounds in his head?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)