|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the man standing at the beginning of Part 1?
(a) A cave.
(b) An alley.
(c) A railroad bridge.
(d) A city street.
2. What holds the critical plank in place?
(a) The sergeant.
(b) A rope.
(c) A horse.
(d) An anchor.
3. What signal does the captain give to the sergeant?
(a) He winks.
(b) He nods.
(c) He salutes.
(d) He shakes his hand.
4. What is the man doing with his hands?
(a) He is waving to his friends.
(b) They are tied behind his back.
(c) He is clapping.
(d) He is signalling for help.
5. When it is time for the execution, who moves away from the location first?
(a) The general.
(b) The two privates.
(c) The colonel.
(d) The sergeant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the condemned man focus on in the water below?
2. What is the man standing on?
3. How does the condemned man view the system of execution?
4. What is the date of the beginning of Part 1?
5. What type of sound distracts the condemned man's thoughts?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)