|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the sentinels standing guard?
(a) In trees.
(b) In nearby fields.
(c) The ends of the bridge.
(d) In boats.
2. When it is time for the execution, who moves away from the location first?
(a) The colonel.
(b) The two privates.
(c) The sergeant.
(d) The general.
3. In what state is the man located?
4. Where are the spectators located?
(a) In line at parade rest.
(b) Standing in the grass.
(c) In bleachers.
(d) In a special soundproof room.
5. The man in the noose stands at one end of the plank and __________________ stands at the other.
(a) A minister.
(b) The sergeant.
(c) A private.
(d) The governor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime has the condemned man committed?
2. Which of the following is NOT a step in the hanging?
3. Who stands with the spectators?
4. What does the condemned man note about the driftwood in the water below?
5. Where is the man standing at the beginning of Part 1?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)