Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sentinels are as still as ________________.
2. Who is mentioned in the posted order?
(b) Home guard.
(c) Federal soldiers.
(d) Confederate soldiers.
3. What does the captain do after giving the signal to the sergeant?
(a) Salutes the troops.
(b) Shoots his pistol.
(c) Steps aside.
(d) Rides away.
4. What does Peyton think about his opportunity to serve in the war?
(a) He will have to be alert and on the lookout.
(b) It may come if he is patient.
(c) It will come at some point.
(d) It will never come.
5. Who is the author of AN OCCURRENCE AT OWL CREEK BRIDGE?
(a) Ambrose Pearson.
(b) Anthonio Bierce.
(c) Ambrose Bierce.
(d) Ambrose Pierce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Peyton drawn into the soldier's story?
2. According to the soldiers' ____________, death is to be honored.
3. What do the man's clothes indicate about him?
4. Which of the following did Peyton NOT long to experience as a soldier?
5. Who are the spectators for the execution?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)