|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Peyton NOT experience with the removal of the noose?
(a) A wave of cool, quiet relief.
(b) His heart tried to jump out of his mouth.
(c) His brain was on fire.
(d) His neck ached horribly.
2. How did the soldier approach Peyton's house?
(b) On horseback.
(d) On a mule.
3. Who issued a notice that is posted at the Owl Creek Bridge?
(a) The governor.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The president.
(d) The commandant.
4. What do all the men on the platform have in common?
(a) They are all bald.
(b) They all have brown hair.
(c) They are all smoking cigars.
(d) They are from the Federal army.
5. What happens when Peyton is about to clasp his wife?
(a) He feels a blow on the back of his neck.
(b) He faints.
(c) She trips and falls.
(d) He collapses with fatigue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can be inferred about the story at the end of Part 2?
2. How can Peyton's senses be described when he surfaces in the water?
3. Who does the soldier say is repairing the railroads?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Peyton by nightfall?
5. What holds the critical plank in place?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)