|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is mentioned in the posted order?
(a) Federal soldiers.
(c) Home guard.
(d) Confederate soldiers.
2. What happens to Peyton at the end of the story?
(a) His dead body swings from the Owl Creek Bridge.
(b) He is shot while running over the Owl Creek Bridge.
(c) He escapes his captors on the Owl Creek Bridge.
(d) He falls between the boards of the bridge and swims away.
3. Peyton is a civilian with _________________.
(a) Political aspirations.
(b) A criminal record.
(c) The heart of a soldier.
(d) A bad reputation.
4. The man in the noose stands at one end of the plank and __________________ stands at the other.
(a) A private.
(b) The sergeant.
(c) A minister.
(d) The governor.
5. The rope around the man's neck is attached to ______________________.
(a) A tree.
(b) A forklift.
(c) A cross timber.
(d) A scaffold.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what war does the story take place?
2. How can Peyton's senses be described when he surfaces in the water?
3. What is the man's probable profession?
4. What does the condemned man want to do as the noise pounds in his head?
5. Peyton thinks the noose looks like a _____________ in the water.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)