|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the position of the man to be hanged?
(a) A spy.
(b) A military officer.
(c) A wayward politician.
(d) A civilian.
2. During what war does the story take place?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Korean War.
(d) World War II.
3. What is the second question Peyton asks the soldier?
(a) If he is married.
(b) Where he comes from.
(c) How the bridge is guarded.
(d) How long he has been in the army.
4. What does the captain do after giving the signal to the sergeant?
(a) Salutes the troops.
(b) Rides away.
(c) Shoots his pistol.
(d) Steps aside.
5. What accosts Peyton when he thinks he is safely out of Federal territory?
(a) A cannonball.
(b) More rifle shots.
(c) Arrows from locals nearby.
(d) A gun ship veering toward him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the soldier say happened at the bridge last winter?
2. Which of the following does the condemned man NOT visualize in his mind?
3. Where are the sentinels standing guard?
4. What does the soldier say about the driftwood he saw?
5. What did the soldier see lying against the pier the last time he was at the bridge?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)