|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peyton call being hanged below water by the wet noose?
2. Why is Peyton drawn into the soldier's story?
(a) He wants something to tell his grandchildren one day.
(b) He longs to be part of the glory of war.
(c) He needs material for a novel.
(d) He loves a good story.
3. The sergeant salutes the captain and ____________________.
(a) Orders the men to shoot.
(b) Rides away on his horse.
(c) Blows a bugle.
(d) Moves to stand behind him.
4. Peyton thinks the noose looks like a _____________ in the water.
5. What does Peyton do while his wife is getting the water?
(a) Pulls out his gun.
(b) Returns to the house.
(c) Approaches the soldier.
(d) Invites him to dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Peyton not see when he looks at the forest?
2. What sense does Peyton have after he seems to wake up?
3. How does the soldier say he knows about the order?
4. Where are the sentinels standing guard?
5. What does Peyton realize about his eyes?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)