|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the soldier pause to do?
(a) Tell a joke.
(b) Collect his thoughts.
(c) Drink the water.
2. What is the soldier's appearance?
3. What can be inferred about the crime Peyton may have committed?
(a) He deserted from the army.
(b) He burned a neighbor's plantation.
(c) He set fire to the driftwood to burn the bridge.
(d) He shot a Yankee general.
4. What holds the critical plank in place?
(a) An anchor.
(b) The sergeant.
(c) A rope.
(d) A horse.
5. What does the soldier NOT do after he drinks his water?
(b) Thanks Mrs. Farquhar.
(c) Rides away on his horse.
(d) Bows to Peyton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color light encompasses everything around Peyton?
2. Peyton hears voices whispering in _________________.
3. What signal does the captain give to the sergeant?
4. Who gets the water for the soldier?
5. The soldier says the driftwood would burn __________________.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)