|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who issued a notice that is posted at the Owl Creek Bridge?
(a) The president.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The commandant.
(d) The governor.
2. Peyton feels his body swing like a pendulum in a _____________.
3. What is aroused in Peyton at the end of Part 2?
(a) His love.
(b) His passions.
(c) His anger.
(d) His curiosity.
4. The roadway soon feels as if it is covered with ______________.
5. What saying did Peyton believe in his heart?
(a) The early bird gets the worm.
(b) Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
(c) All is fair in love and war.
(d) He who laughs last, laughs best.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what war does the story take place?
2. What color is the uniform worn by the soldier?
3. What did the soldier see at the bridge the last time he was there?
4. What lay at both edges of the road that Peyton finds?
5. What part of Peyton is now gone?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)