|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Peyton and his wife doing when they are approached by someone?
(a) Taking a walk.
(b) Working in the garden.
(c) Sitting on a bench.
(d) Eating dinner.
2. When Peyton's power of thought returns, where does he think he is?
(a) Fishing in the creek.
(b) In the stream below the bridge.
(c) Swimming with his children.
(d) In his bed at home.
3. Who is the author of AN OCCURRENCE AT OWL CREEK BRIDGE?
(a) Ambrose Bierce.
(b) Anthonio Bierce.
(c) Ambrose Pierce.
(d) Ambrose Pearson.
4. What do the privates do after moving away from the man?
(a) Pull away their planks.
(b) Wipe their brows.
(c) Ride away.
(d) Stand in silence.
5. Who gets the water for the soldier?
(a) Mrs. Farquhar.
(b) Clayton Farquhar.
(c) A house slave.
(d) Peyton Farquhar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sentinels stand guard over the men on the platform?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe the road that Peyton finds?
3. What does Peyton call being hanged below water by the wet noose?
4. What can be inferred about the crime Peyton may have committed?
5. At what time of day is Peyton approached by someone at his property?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)