|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peyton focus on while on the road?
(a) The edge lines.
(b) The signs by the side of the road.
(c) A middle line.
(d) An end point at the horizon.
2. What does Peyton realize that his hands are doing?
(a) Removing the noose from his neck.
(b) Untying his feet.
(c) Swimming toward the surface.
(d) Hanging limply at his side.
3. The roadway soon feels as if it is covered with ______________.
4. What are Peyton and his wife doing when they are approached by someone?
(a) Sitting on a bench.
(b) Taking a walk.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Working in the garden.
5. What does the man think of when he closes his eyes?
(a) His home.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife and children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Farquhar's demeanor about getting the water?
2. Who does the soldier say is repairing the railroads?
3. What does Peyton realize about his neck at this point?
4. Where does Peyton land when he is able to extricate himself from the vortex?
5. Which of the following does NOT describe the road that Peyton finds?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)