|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peyton see overhead?
(a) Puffy clouds.
(b) Mackerel sky.
(c) Large golden stars.
2. Who is mentioned in the posted order?
(a) Home guard.
(b) Confederate soldiers.
(c) Federal soldiers.
3. Which of the following does NOT characterize Peyton's motivations?
(a) He always wanted to be a spy.
(b) He wants to do whatever he can for the South.
(c) He wants to share in the glory of the cause.
(d) He longs to be of service.
4. What is the man doing with his hands?
(a) He is clapping.
(b) They are tied behind his back.
(c) He is waving to his friends.
(d) He is signalling for help.
5. Who are the spectators for the execution?
(a) A company of infantrymen.
(b) Some news reporters.
(c) Families of the victim.
(d) Some nosy local people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the captain do after giving the signal to the sergeant?
2. Peyton is a civilian with _________________.
3. What can be inferred about the crime Peyton may have committed?
4. What does the soldier say happened at the bridge last winter?
5. The soldiers treat death with military etiquette and _______________.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)