|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what direction is the man looking?
(a) To the left.
(c) To the right.
2. What is the man wearing?
(a) A frockcoat.
(b) Military uniform.
(c) Night shirt.
3. Where are the sentinels standing guard?
(a) In trees.
(b) In boats.
(c) The ends of the bridge.
(d) In nearby fields.
4. What does the soldier say about the driftwood he saw?
(a) It was covered in moss.
(b) It was a strange color.
(c) It was in little pieces.
(d) It would be dry now.
5. What type of sound distracts the condemned man's thoughts?
Short Answer Questions
1. The condemned man thinks the loud sound is like _____________________.
2. What literary technique does the author use when he says that death is a dignitary?
3. Which of the following did Peyton NOT long to experience as a soldier?
4. In what state is the man located?
5. What awakens Peyton?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)