|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Peyton NOT experience with the removal of the noose?
(a) His heart tried to jump out of his mouth.
(b) His neck ached horribly.
(c) His brain was on fire.
(d) A wave of cool, quiet relief.
2. Peyton knows there must be a ____________ ring around his neck where the rope had been.
3. During what war does the story take place?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Korean War.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Civil War.
4. Which of the following does the condemned man NOT visualize in his mind?
(a) Shooting the sergeant.
(b) Ripping off the noose.
(c) Swimming away.
(d) Diving into the water.
5. When does the soldier reappear at the Farquhar house?
(a) A year later.
(b) An hour later.
(c) The following week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man looking at?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Peyton by nightfall?
3. What is the second question Peyton asks the soldier?
4. In what state is the man located?
5. What is the man doing with his hands?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)