|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the sentinels standing guard?
(a) In nearby fields.
(b) The ends of the bridge.
(c) In boats.
(d) In trees.
2. How does the soldier say he knows about the order?
(a) He wrote it.
(b) He saw it.
(c) He saw a poster about it.
(d) He heard about it.
3. The forest Peyton walks through could be compared to what?
4. What does the condemned man want to do as the noise pounds in his head?
(a) Shoot himself.
(b) Beg for mercy.
5. What does the condemned man NOT wear?
(a) A tie.
(c) A hat.
(d) A hood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the source of the sound that the condemned man hears?
2. What accosts Peyton when he thinks he is safely out of Federal territory?
3. How can the condemned man's eyes be described?
4. The man in the noose stands at one end of the plank and __________________ stands at the other.
5. What does the condemned man want to take off his body?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)