|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color eyes does the condemned man have?
2. Which of the following is NOT a step in the hanging?
(a) The sergeant will step off the plank.
(b) The sergeant will slap the horse.
(c) The plank will tilt.
(d) The man will fall.
3. Who stands with the spectators?
(a) The governor.
(b) The mayor.
(c) A minister.
(d) A lieutenant.
4. How many other men are on the platform with the man?
5. What are the man's movements?
(a) He is exercising on the ground.
(b) He is doing acrobatics.
(c) He is jumping up and down.
(d) He is fixed on one spot.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sergeant salutes the captain and ____________________.
2. The sentinels are as still as ________________.
3. How can the condemned man's eyes be described?
4. In what direction is the man looking?
5. What holds the critical plank in place?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)