|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the man to be hanged?
2. What is the man wearing?
(b) Night shirt.
(c) A frockcoat.
(d) Military uniform.
3. The sound becomes ______________ for the condemned man.
4. What is the date of the beginning of Part 1?
(a) It not known.
(b) April 7, 1813.
(c) June 25, 1864.
(d) September 15, 1954.
5. What are the slack boards laid upon?
(d) Railway supports.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the captain do after giving the signal to the sergeant?
2. What signal does the captain give to the sergeant?
3. What does the condemned man note about the driftwood in the water below?
4. The man in the noose stands at one end of the plank and __________________ stands at the other.
5. During what war does the story take place?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)