|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man in the noose stands at one end of the plank and __________________ stands at the other.
(a) The governor.
(b) The sergeant.
(c) A minister.
(d) A private.
2. According to the soldiers' ____________, death is to be honored.
(b) Rule book.
(c) Unwritten code.
3. Which of the following does NOT describe the condemned man?
(c) Common criminal.
4. What is the man standing on?
(c) Slack boards.
(d) Ship's plank.
5. What do the men in the infantry do while waiting for the execution?
(a) Sit down.
(b) Stare forward.
(d) Close their eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of sound distracts the condemned man's thoughts?
2. What signal does the captain give to the sergeant?
3. What does the condemned man focus on in the water below?
4. What do the man's clothes indicate about him?
5. What are the slack boards laid upon?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)