|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men in the infantry do while waiting for the execution?
(b) Stare forward.
(c) Close their eyes.
(d) Sit down.
2. What crime has the condemned man committed?
(c) It is unknown at this point.
3. What are the man's movements?
(a) He is fixed on one spot.
(b) He is doing acrobatics.
(c) He is exercising on the ground.
(d) He is jumping up and down.
4. Where is the man standing at the beginning of Part 1?
(a) An alley.
(b) A city street.
(c) A cave.
(d) A railroad bridge.
5. What role do the sentinels have in the impending execution?
(a) They are waiting on word of a reprieve.
(b) No role.
(c) They will give the signal to proceed.
(d) They arrested the men.
Short Answer Questions
1. The soldiers treat death with military etiquette and _______________.
2. How does the condemned man view the system of execution?
3. What holds the critical plank in place?
4. What does the condemned man NOT wear?
5. Who stands with the spectators?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)