|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The remaining plank spans how many railroad ties?
2. What is the source of the sound that the condemned man hears?
(a) A chain.
(b) The bridge.
(c) His watch.
3. Where is the man standing at the beginning of Part 1?
(a) A cave.
(b) An alley.
(c) A railroad bridge.
(d) A city street.
4. The sentinels are as still as ________________.
5. What do all the men on the platform have in common?
(a) They all have brown hair.
(b) They are from the Federal army.
(c) They are all smoking cigars.
(d) They are all bald.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the man's movements?
2. Why is the man immobile?
3. What does the condemned man think is the solution for his predicament?
4. What does the condemned man want to do as the noise pounds in his head?
5. The condemned man thinks the loud sound is like _____________________.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)