|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary technique does the author use when he says that death is a dignitary?
2. Who is the author of AN OCCURRENCE AT OWL CREEK BRIDGE?
(a) Ambrose Pearson.
(b) Ambrose Bierce.
(c) Ambrose Pierce.
(d) Anthonio Bierce.
3. What role do the sentinels have in the impending execution?
(a) No role.
(b) They will give the signal to proceed.
(c) They arrested the men.
(d) They are waiting on word of a reprieve.
4. What is the man's probable profession?
5. What does the man think of when he closes his eyes?
(a) His home.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife and children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the condemned man want to take off his body?
2. Where are the sentinels standing guard?
3. The rope around the man's neck is attached to ______________________.
4. During what war does the story take place?
5. What crime has the condemned man committed?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)