|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date of the beginning of Part 1?
(a) September 15, 1954.
(b) April 7, 1813.
(c) June 25, 1864.
(d) It not known.
2. What is the source of the sound that the condemned man hears?
(a) The bridge.
(b) A chain.
(c) His watch.
3. Where are the spectators located?
(a) In line at parade rest.
(b) Standing in the grass.
(c) In a special soundproof room.
(d) In bleachers.
4. What signal does the captain give to the sergeant?
(a) He shakes his hand.
(b) He salutes.
(c) He winks.
(d) He nods.
5. What role do the sentinels have in the impending execution?
(a) They will give the signal to proceed.
(b) They arrested the men.
(c) No role.
(d) They are waiting on word of a reprieve.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what war does the story take place?
2. What is the man's probable profession?
3. Who are the spectators for the execution?
4. How many other men are on the platform with the man?
5. The soldiers treat death with military etiquette and _______________.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)