|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The soldiers treat death with military etiquette and _______________.
2. Which of the following does NOT describe the condemned man?
(d) Common criminal.
3. What does the condemned man think is the solution for his predicament?
(a) Bribing the guards.
(b) Freeing his hands.
(c) Finding his gun.
(d) Talking to the governor.
4. What does the condemned man note about the driftwood in the water below?
(a) It is very small.
(b) It is moving slowly.
(c) It is huge.
(d) It is gray.
5. What do all the men on the platform have in common?
(a) They are from the Federal army.
(b) They all have brown hair.
(c) They are all bald.
(d) They are all smoking cigars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man think of when he closes his eyes?
2. What are the slack boards laid upon?
3. What are the man's movements?
4. What role do the sentinels have in the impending execution?
5. What is the position of the man to be hanged?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)