|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The condemned man feels as if his ears _______________________.
(a) Are being ripped off.
(b) Are being punctured with a knife.
(c) Are plugged up.
(d) Are bleeding.
2. The rope around the man's neck is attached to ______________________.
(a) A cross timber.
(b) A tree.
(c) A scaffold.
(d) A forklift.
3. What do the men in the infantry do while waiting for the execution?
(a) Sit down.
(b) Stare forward.
(c) Close their eyes.
4. The sergeant salutes the captain and ____________________.
(a) Moves to stand behind him.
(b) Blows a bugle.
(c) Rides away on his horse.
(d) Orders the men to shoot.
5. Where are the sentinels standing guard?
(a) In trees.
(b) In nearby fields.
(c) The ends of the bridge.
(d) In boats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the condemned man want to do as the noise pounds in his head?
2. Who is the author of AN OCCURRENCE AT OWL CREEK BRIDGE?
3. Which of the following does the condemned man NOT visualize in his mind?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe the condemned man?
5. What does the condemned man want to take off his body?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)