|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a step in the hanging?
(a) The sergeant will slap the horse.
(b) The man will fall.
(c) The sergeant will step off the plank.
(d) The plank will tilt.
2. What role do the sentinels have in the impending execution?
(a) No role.
(b) They will give the signal to proceed.
(c) They arrested the men.
(d) They are waiting on word of a reprieve.
3. Who are the spectators for the execution?
(a) Families of the victim.
(b) A company of infantrymen.
(c) Some nosy local people.
(d) Some news reporters.
4. The rope around the man's neck is attached to ______________________.
(a) A scaffold.
(b) A forklift.
(c) A tree.
(d) A cross timber.
5. What is the date of the beginning of Part 1?
(a) June 25, 1864.
(b) It not known.
(c) September 15, 1954.
(d) April 7, 1813.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sound becomes ______________ for the condemned man.
2. Which of the following does NOT describe the condemned man?
3. What is the source of the sound that the condemned man hears?
4. When it is time for the execution, who moves away from the location first?
5. What do the privates do after moving away from the man?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)