|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the man immobile?
(a) He is trying to hide.
(b) He is playing a game.
(c) His neck is in a noose.
(d) He is paralyzed.
2. The condemned man thinks the loud sound is like _____________________.
(a) A clanging bell.
(c) Horses' hooves.
(d) A blacksmith's hammer.
3. What do the man's clothes indicate about him?
(a) He has been sucessful.
(b) He is a soldier.
(c) He is too young to die.
(d) He is a criminal.
4. Which of the following is NOT a rank among the men on the platform with the man?
5. During what war does the story take place?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Korean War.
(d) World War I.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the condemned man think is the solution for his predicament?
2. Where are the spectators located?
3. Where are the sentinels standing guard?
4. In what direction is the man looking?
5. What is the man wearing?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)