|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many other men are on the platform with the man?
2. What do the man's clothes indicate about him?
(a) He is a criminal.
(b) He is a soldier.
(c) He has been sucessful.
(d) He is too young to die.
3. What does the condemned man want to do as the noise pounds in his head?
(b) Shoot himself.
(c) Beg for mercy.
4. What is the position of the man to be hanged?
(a) A civilian.
(b) A spy.
(c) A wayward politician.
(d) A military officer.
5. What does the condemned man note about the driftwood in the water below?
(a) It is very small.
(b) It is moving slowly.
(c) It is huge.
(d) It is gray.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sound becomes ______________ for the condemned man.
2. Where are the sentinels standing guard?
3. The man in the noose stands at one end of the plank and __________________ stands at the other.
4. In what direction is the man looking?
5. What does the man think of when he closes his eyes?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)