|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man's probable profession?
2. What does Peyton think about his opportunity to serve in the war?
(a) He will have to be alert and on the lookout.
(b) It will come at some point.
(c) It may come if he is patient.
(d) It will never come.
3. What crime has the condemned man committed?
(a) It is unknown at this point.
4. Peyton is devoted to the ____________________.
(a) Northern cause.
(b) Marriage vows.
(c) Catholic Church.
(d) Southern cause.
5. Why is the man immobile?
(a) He is playing a game.
(b) His neck is in a noose.
(c) He is paralyzed.
(d) He is trying to hide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the soldier NOT do after he drinks his water?
2. How can the condemned man's eyes be described?
3. The sound becomes ______________ for the condemned man.
4. What does the soldier say that the Yanks have built at the Owl Creek Bridge?
5. When it is time for the execution, who moves away from the location first?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)