|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The soldier says the driftwood would burn __________________.
(a) Like tow.
(b) Like paper.
(c) Like an old barn.
(d) Like corn stalks.
2. How can the condemned man's eyes be described?
3. What does the condemned man want to take off his body?
(a) His coat.
(b) The hood.
(c) The blindfold.
(d) The noose.
4. What do the men in the infantry do while waiting for the execution?
(a) Stare forward.
(c) Sit down.
(d) Close their eyes.
5. How does the soldier say he knows about the order?
(a) He saw a poster about it.
(b) He saw it.
(c) He heard about it.
(d) He wrote it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the soldier see at the bridge the last time he was there?
2. What can be inferred about the story at the end of Part 2?
3. What do the privates do after moving away from the man?
4. What does the man think of when he closes his eyes?
5. What is the man looking at?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)