|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stands with the spectators?
(a) The governor.
(b) The mayor.
(c) A minister.
(d) A lieutenant.
2. What is the man standing on?
(b) Ship's plank.
(c) Slack boards.
3. How many sentinels stand guard over the men on the platform?
4. What can be inferred about the story at the end of Part 2?
(a) Peyton is going to enlist in the army.
(b) Peyton is going to be a spy.
(c) Something ominous is about to take place.
(d) Peyton's wife is going to be injured.
5. The posted order states that any civilian caught interfering with the railroad ______________________.
(a) Will be hanged.
(b) Needs permission first.
(c) Needs a license.
(d) Will be ordered to enlist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the man to be hanged?
2. What is the name of the character introduced in Part 2?
3. What is the soldier's appearance?
4. What is the man looking at?
5. What is the date of the beginning of Part 1?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)