|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is mentioned in the posted order?
(a) Home guard.
(b) Federal soldiers.
(c) Confederate soldiers.
2. The condemned man thinks the loud sound is like _____________________.
(a) A clanging bell.
(b) Horses' hooves.
(c) A blacksmith's hammer.
3. The soldiers treat death with military etiquette and _______________.
4. The condemned man feels as if his ears _______________________.
(a) Are plugged up.
(b) Are bleeding.
(c) Are being punctured with a knife.
(d) Are being ripped off.
5. What do all the men on the platform have in common?
(a) They are all bald.
(b) They are all smoking cigars.
(c) They all have brown hair.
(d) They are from the Federal army.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sergeant salutes the captain and ____________________.
2. What did the soldier see lying against the pier the last time he was at the bridge?
3. For what does the soldier ask?
4. Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the posted order?
5. What color is the uniform worn by the soldier?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)