|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The rope around the man's neck is attached to ______________________.
(a) A scaffold.
(b) A forklift.
(c) A tree.
(d) A cross timber.
2. What is the source of the sound that the condemned man hears?
(a) The bridge.
(b) A chain.
(d) His watch.
3. What is the man doing with his hands?
(a) He is clapping.
(b) He is waving to his friends.
(c) They are tied behind his back.
(d) He is signalling for help.
4. What do all the men on the platform have in common?
(a) They are all smoking cigars.
(b) They are all bald.
(c) They are from the Federal army.
(d) They all have brown hair.
5. When does the soldier reappear at the Farquhar house?
(a) The following week.
(b) An hour later.
(c) A year later.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe the condemned man?
2. The method of execution in the story is __________________.
3. Who stands with the spectators?
4. What color eyes does the condemned man have?
5. Where are the sentinels standing guard?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)