|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can be inferred about the crime Peyton may have committed?
(a) He set fire to the driftwood to burn the bridge.
(b) He burned a neighbor's plantation.
(c) He shot a Yankee general.
(d) He deserted from the army.
2. Peyton is a politician and a(n) ___________________.
3. Who stands with the spectators?
(a) The mayor.
(b) A minister.
(c) A lieutenant.
(d) The governor.
4. The sergeant salutes the captain and ____________________.
(a) Moves to stand behind him.
(b) Orders the men to shoot.
(c) Rides away on his horse.
(d) Blows a bugle.
5. What is the man wearing?
(a) Night shirt.
(b) Military uniform.
(d) A frockcoat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peyton ask the soldier?
2. What are the slack boards laid upon?
3. What holds the critical plank in place?
4. What does Peyton ask after the soldier tells about the order?
5. What does Peyton say a civilian would have to do to gain access to the bridge?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)