|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the posted order?
2. What is the position of the man to be hanged?
(a) A civilian.
(b) A military officer.
(c) A spy.
(d) A wayward politician.
3. Who are the spectators for the execution?
(a) Some nosy local people.
(b) Some news reporters.
(c) Families of the victim.
(d) A company of infantrymen.
4. Who is with Peyton when he is approached by someone at his property?
(a) His son.
(b) His brother.
(c) His wife.
(d) No one.
5. What can be inferred about the crime Peyton may have committed?
(a) He burned a neighbor's plantation.
(b) He deserted from the army.
(c) He set fire to the driftwood to burn the bridge.
(d) He shot a Yankee general.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Peyton drawn into the soldier's story?
2. What color is the uniform worn by the soldier?
3. What did the soldier see at the bridge the last time he was there?
4. In what direction is the man looking?
5. What does the soldier say about the driftwood he saw?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)