|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the condemned man want to do as the noise pounds in his head?
(b) Shoot himself.
(c) Beg for mercy.
2. Which of the following figures does Peyton NOT mention when talking about approaching the bridge?
(a) A civilian.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A student of hanging.
(d) A man.
3. In what state does Peyton live?
4. What are Peyton and his wife doing when they are approached by someone?
(a) Taking a walk.
(b) Sitting on a bench.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Working in the garden.
5. What awakens Peyton?
(a) A gunshot.
(b) A clap of thunder.
(c) A stabbing.
(d) A sharp pressure on his throat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peyton think about his opportunity to serve in the war?
2. What color is the walk leading to Peyton's home?
3. Peyton comes from a highly respected family of __________________.
4. How did Peyton feel about not being allowed to enlist in the army?
5. What does Peyton see overhead?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)