|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Peyton land when he is able to extricate himself from the vortex?
(a) A tree branch.
(b) A raft.
(c) A cave.
(d) The riverbank.
2. What does the condemned man NOT wear?
(a) A hood.
(c) A hat.
(d) A tie.
3. What does the soldier say about the driftwood he saw?
(a) It was in little pieces.
(b) It was a strange color.
(c) It would be dry now.
(d) It was covered in moss.
4. What is the man's probable profession?
5. What does Peyton focus on while on the road?
(a) The signs by the side of the road.
(b) A middle line.
(c) An end point at the horizon.
(d) The edge lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peyton ask after the soldier tells about the order?
2. What do the privates do after moving away from the man?
3. The posted order states that any civilian caught interfering with the railroad ______________________.
4. Peyton feels his body swing like a pendulum in a _____________.
5. What meaning does Peyton think the stars have?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)