|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The soldier says the driftwood would burn __________________.
(a) Like corn stalks.
(b) Like paper.
(c) Like an old barn.
(d) Like tow.
2. How many sentinels stand guard over the men on the platform?
3. Who stands with the spectators?
(a) The mayor.
(b) A minister.
(c) The governor.
(d) A lieutenant.
4. Which of the following is NOT a step in the hanging?
(a) The man will fall.
(b) The plank will tilt.
(c) The sergeant will slap the horse.
(d) The sergeant will step off the plank.
5. What color is the light that shines through the trees in the forest?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Peyton NOT experience with the removal of the noose?
2. What is Mrs. Farquhar's demeanor about getting the water?
3. What did the soldier ask Peyton regarding directions?
4. Which of the following did Peyton NOT long to experience as a soldier?
5. What does Peyton do while his wife is getting the water?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)