|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Peyton not see when he looks at the forest?
(b) His family.
2. What does Peyton do while waiting for an opportunity to serve the South?
(a) Anything he can.
(b) As little as possible.
(c) Writes newsletters.
3. Which of the following does the condemned man NOT visualize in his mind?
(a) Shooting the sergeant.
(b) Diving into the water.
(c) Swimming away.
(d) Ripping off the noose.
4. The sentinels are as still as ________________.
5. Which of the following does NOT characterize Peyton's motivations?
(a) He longs to be of service.
(b) He wants to do whatever he can for the South.
(c) He always wanted to be a spy.
(d) He wants to share in the glory of the cause.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Peyton go to hide from the soldiers?
2. According to the soldiers' ____________, death is to be honored.
3. What did the soldier see at the bridge the last time he was there?
4. Peyton comes from a highly respected family of __________________.
5. What color is the walk leading to Peyton's home?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)