|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the soldier approach Peyton's house?
(b) On horseback.
(c) On a mule.
2. Thoughts of ______________ drove Peyton to keep walking.
(a) His land.
(b) His wife and children.
(c) His safety.
(d) His mother.
3. What kind of sound does Peyton hear after the white light covers him?
(b) Gun shot.
(c) Children playing.
(d) A cannon.
4. The soldiers treat death with military etiquette and _______________.
5. What literary technique does the author use when he says that death is a dignitary?
Short Answer Questions
1. The man in the noose stands at one end of the plank and __________________ stands at the other.
2. Which of the following does Peyton NOT experience with the removal of the noose?
3. Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the posted order?
4. What does Peyton realize about his neck at this point?
5. Who does Peyton see standing on the shore?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)