|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peyton has the power to ___________ remaining.
2. The sound becomes ______________ for the condemned man.
3. When Peyton's power of thought returns, where does he think he is?
(a) Fishing in the creek.
(b) In his bed at home.
(c) In the stream below the bridge.
(d) Swimming with his children.
4. What does Peyton do when the rope is free of his neck?
(a) Screams to have it put back.
(c) Breathes deep.
5. What does the soldier say about the driftwood he saw?
(a) It was in little pieces.
(b) It would be dry now.
(c) It was covered in moss.
(d) It was a strange color.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role do the sentinels have in the impending execution?
2. Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the posted order?
3. Who does the soldier say is repairing the railroads?
4. The soldier says the driftwood would burn __________________.
5. What saying did Peyton believe in his heart?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)