|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the soldier say about the driftwood he saw?
(a) It was a strange color.
(b) It was covered in moss.
(c) It would be dry now.
(d) It was in little pieces.
2. The method of execution in the story is __________________.
(c) Military style.
3. What color eyes do the keenest marksmen supposedly have?
4. According to the soldiers' ____________, death is to be honored.
(c) Unwritten code.
(d) Rule book.
5. What is the position of the man to be hanged?
(a) A wayward politician.
(b) A military officer.
(c) A civilian.
(d) A spy.
Short Answer Questions
1. The forest Peyton walks through could be compared to what?
2. Which of the following is NOT a rank among the men on the platform with the man?
3. Thoughts of ______________ drove Peyton to keep walking.
4. How far does the soldier say it is to Owl Creek Bridge?
5. What happens to Peyton at the end of the story?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)