|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Peyton drawn into the soldier's story?
(a) He loves a good story.
(b) He needs material for a novel.
(c) He wants something to tell his grandchildren one day.
(d) He longs to be part of the glory of war.
2. The sound becomes ______________ for the condemned man.
3. How does the condemned man view the system of execution?
4. What accosts Peyton when he thinks he is safely out of Federal territory?
(a) A gun ship veering toward him.
(b) Arrows from locals nearby.
(c) More rifle shots.
(d) A cannonball.
5. Why is the Federal army repairing the railroads?
(a) In preparation for another advance.
(b) To help rebuild the South.
(c) To transport prisoners.
(d) To transport cannons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the slack boards laid upon?
2. What does the condemned man want to do as the noise pounds in his head?
3. What happens to Peyton at the end of the story?
4. In what direction is the man looking?
5. During what war does the story take place?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)