|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Peyton go to hide from the soldiers?
(a) Into a forest.
(b) Under a log.
(c) Into a cave.
(d) Into an abandoned shack.
2. What does Peyton see fluttering as he moves up the walk?
(a) Laundry drying outside.
(b) Female garments.
3. What color eyes do the keenest marksmen supposedly have?
4. The sentinels are as still as ________________.
5. What does Peyton realize that his hands are doing?
(a) Hanging limply at his side.
(b) Removing the noose from his neck.
(c) Untying his feet.
(d) Swimming toward the surface.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Peyton at the end of the story?
2. How does the condemned man view the system of execution?
3. The soldiers say the Yanks have already reached ________________________-.
4. What does Peyton sense about the light that has surrounded him?
5. Peyton hears voices whispering in _________________.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)