|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the soldier's true job?
(a) He is a Federal general.
(b) He is a writer.
(c) He is a Federal scout.
(d) He is a newspaper editor.
2. How did Peyton feel about not being allowed to enlist in the army?
(a) He was upset.
(b) He was embarrassed.
(c) He felt lucky.
(d) He was mad about it.
3. What does Peyton follow as he walks through the forest all day?
(a) The animal droppings.
(b) Tree markings.
(c) The sun.
(d) A woodsman's path.
4. What has Peyton never realized about where he lived?
(a) How many animals live there.
(b) How wild an area it is.
(c) How beautiful it is.
(d) How many types of vegetation grow there.
5. What does the condemned man want to do as the noise pounds in his head?
(c) Shoot himself.
(d) Beg for mercy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of sound does Peyton hear after the white light covers him?
2. The sound becomes ______________ for the condemned man.
3. Who is with Peyton when he is approached by someone at his property?
4. Peyton thinks the noose looks like a _____________ in the water.
5. At what time of day is Peyton approached by someone at his property?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)