Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The teacher does not attend the funeral because
2. Why do Jim and Mark go out on the boat during a storm?
3. What does the English anthropologist call the Indian tribe?
4. When he returns, Mark visits
5. Who alerts the Bishop to Mark's physical condition?
Essay Topic 1
What significance do the eagle and owl have to Craven's story? How might each serve as a symbol? Write an essay in which you explore the symbolic meaning of one or both birds, citing specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Consider what the vicar learns about nature during his stay with the villagers. How does nature teach Mark Brian about life and death? Write an essay in which you use examples of nature mentioned in the novel to explore Mark Brian's development throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
The characters of Jim and Gordon have some opposing characteristics in the novel. Write an essay in which you explore either character as a symbol in the novel, using examples from the text to support your argument.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)