Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The teacher does not attend the funeral because
2. Why do Jim and Mark go out on the boat during a storm?
3. What does the English anthropologist call the Indian tribe?
4. When he returns, Mark visits
5. Who alerts the Bishop to Mark's physical condition?
Consider the role of myths and legends in the novel. Write an essay in which you explain how the myths and legends affect events and/or characters in the novel, and use at least three examples from the text to support your argument.
If "Trouble brings experience, and experience brings wisdom, " are any of the characters in Craven's novel considered wise? Write an essay in which you explore the wisdom, or lack thereof, of any character in Craven's novel, using examples from the text to support your ideas.
T. S. Eliot said, "Those who trust us educate us." Considering Mark Brian's experiences with the community of Kingcome, defend, refute, or qualify Eliot's quote in an essay, using specific examples from the text to support your ideas.
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)