|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who surprises Mark with a visit?
(a) The Bishop.
(c) The white tourists.
(d) Calamity Bill.
2. When Mark releases Calamity Bill's ashes,
(a) He hears the Bishop call his name.
(b) He hears his prayers echo back to him across the channel.
(c) He hears Calamity Bill whisper goodbye.
(d) He hears to raven call his name.
3. Caleb warns Mark that
(a) Soon the outside world will intrude upon the village and the tribe.
(b) Soon the villagers will ask him to leave.
(c) Soon the outside world will forget the village.
(d) Soon the villagers will leave for the outside world.
4. Mark Brian dies when
(a) A tornado destroys his boat.
(b) A landslide destroys his boat.
(c) His illness overwhelms him.
(d) A crash destroys his boat.
5. Mark advises Jim to
(a) Treat Keetah as he does the elders.
(b) Treak Keetah as he always has.
(c) Treat Keetah as a traditional wife.
(d) Treat Keetah as a partner in their marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Keetah does not come to see him, Mark decides
2. In March, what burden is lifted from the villagers?
3. The dying man asks Mark Brian to
4. On his way back to the village, Mark hears the owl call his name, signaling
5. Who unexpectedly visits the village?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)