|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mark observes that everything in nature
(a) Seemed to know its place.
(b) Seemed to sense his presence.
(c) Seemed to sense his illness.
(d) Seemed to know he did not belong.
2. Why does Mark refuse to urge Gordon to stay, as the elders have asked him?
(a) He has promised Gordon he will help him get out of the village.
(b) He has promised Jim to urge Gordon to go.
(c) He has promised Gordon's mother to help him get an education.
(d) He has promised Keetah he would not interfere.
3. What does Mark Brian try to prepare the school boys for?
(a) Living with women.
(b) Living in white society.
(c) Living in the Indian world.
(d) Living among strangers.
4. Mark compares Caleb's role among the Indians to that of
(a) The Salmon man.
(b) The Cedar man.
(c) The Bishop.
(d) The Hamatsa.
5. When Keetah returns, it is because
(a) She has to ask for help from Gordon's relatives.
(b) She has been defeated by the white world.
(c) She chooses to return to the village.
(d) She cannot find Gordon.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jim, Keetah does not say goodbye to anything in the village because
2. Mark advises Jim to
3. Mark discovers the man has
4. What is T.P. Wallace's announcement?
5. When Mark tells Marta he has heard the owl call his name, she says
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)