|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Jim and Mark are out on the boat
(a) A landslide occurs.
(b) A hurricane occurs.
(c) An earthquake occurs.
(d) A tornado occurs.
2. Ironically, Sam's drinking causes
(a) His wife to insist that their son go to school.
(b) HIs wife to insist that their daughter go to school.
(c) His wife to leave him for another man.
(d) His wife to insist that he attend Alcholics Anonymous.
3. Marta asks Mark to dinner because
(a) The elders want to talk to him about his health.
(b) The elders want to talk to him about the vicarage.
(c) The elders want to talk to him about Jim.
(d) The elders want to talk to him about the cemetery.
4. Mark discovers the man has
(a) A broken leg.
(b) A broken back.
(c) A broken hip.
(d) A broken collarbone.
5. The dying man asks Mark Brian to
(a) Contact all his friends and relatives.
(b) Spread his ashes in a certain place.
(c) Obtain a fine suit for his burial.
(d) Deliver a fine eulogy for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mark's chief concern for the Indians while he is away from the village?
2. During his stay, Mark gets to know
3. Who travels up the river with Mark and the Bishop?
4. The elders now believe
5. Who promises to return to the village at Christmas time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Bishop claim happens every time he arrives at the village?
2. What does the long boat trip back to the village from Knight's inlet offer Mark the opportunity to do?
3. Though the river freezes, how do the villagers survive?
4. Describe Mark and Jim's relationship.
5. Why doesn't Marta deny that Mark has heard the owl call his name?
6. How is Caleb like the Cedar-man, according to Mark?
7. Why does Peter sit up waiting for the vicar after his funeral?
8. Describe the visitors to the village in Chapter 13.
9. Who is the Englishwoman who comes to visit the village?
10. Who contributes to the preparations for Mark's funeral?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)