|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mark advises Jim to
(a) Treak Keetah as he always has.
(b) Treat Keetah as a traditional wife.
(c) Treat Keetah as he does the elders.
(d) Treat Keetah as a partner in their marriage.
2. During his travels with Jim, the river has always offered Mark
(a) Another reason to trust the Bishop.
(b) Another passage way, or a way out.
(c) A reason to return to the village.
(d) The chance to go home again.
3. The passage at the end of the novel means
(a) The End.
(b) Thank you.
(c) That is all.
(d) God Bless.
4. Keetah wants to bear Gordon's child so that
(a) She can punish JIm for his past behavior.
(b) She can hold on to some part of him.
(c) He will be forced to marry her against his will.
(d) HIs line will continue to live in the village, though he will not.
5. According to the myth, the hamatsa is
(a) A cedar tree.
(b) A white man.
(c) A cannibal.
(d) A prostitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jim, Keetah does not say goodbye to anything in the village because
2. Caleb warns Mark that
3. While Jim and Mark are out on the boat
4. Mark discovers the man has
5. During his stay, Mark gets to know
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)