|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does the Bishop give Mark at the end of the chapter?
(a) Mark's work in the village is not yet done.
(b) The Bishop will seek replacement for Mark, and Mark will leave the village.
(c) The Bishop will ask Mark to stay on in the village though he is ill.
(d) The Bishop has been disappointed in Mark's work, so he must leave the village.
2. What does Mark Brian try to prepare the school boys for?
(a) Living in the Indian world.
(b) Living among strangers.
(c) Living in white society.
(d) Living with women.
3. What does Mrs. Hudson suggest they serve at Mark's funeral?
(a) Mashed turnips.
(c) Mashed potatoes.
4. Why doesn't the hospital ship come for the dying man?
(a) It is only for the use of white people.
(b) It is too far away and busy caring for the Indians.
(c) It is too far away and the straits are too rough.
(d) It is nearby, but the river is so high and rough the ship cannot travel.
5. What did the villagers do to celebrate this "friend?"
(a) They turned it into a dance.
(b) They turned it into a shrine.
(c) They turned it into a mask.
(d) They turned it into a myth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark Brian dies when
2. The Bishop hopes Mark's time in the village has taught him
3. Mark realizes he has come to rely on
4. Though Mark Brian feels he has made friends with loneliness, deprivation, and death, he feels he was constantly supported by
5. Mark advises Jim to
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)