|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jim know that the RCMP officer, Constable Pearson, will be young and hard?
(a) He claims the Indians always know who is coming before they arrive.
(b) He claims the older man who last held the office was hard.
(c) He claims an older man would not wait ten days to come investigate a child's death.
(d) He claims the RCMP officers are always young and hard.
2. As the weather turns colder, Mark and Jim face challenges with
(a) The doctor.
(b) The boat.
(c) The organ.
(d) The constable.
3. How old is Jim Wallace?
4. Why does Jim plan to get drunk after the funeral?
(a) Because he feels responsible for the boy's death.
(b) Because the dead boy was his relative.
(c) Because he does not like the new vicar.
(d) Because the Indians are dying out.
5. What animal's image is carved above the Bible?
(a) The grizzly bear.
(b) The lamb.
(c) The eagle.
(d) The owl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Calamity Bill known for?
2. In wintertime, how were the beliefs of the tribe relived?
3. Why is the Indian woman wailing outside the vicarage?
4. What does Peter claim causes this new feeling among the villagers?
5. Mark discovers he has no talent for
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes develop in Mark and Jim's relationship while on the hunt?
2. Describe the Bishop's intentions for the young ordinand.
3. What does the Bishop's letter teach Mark Brian about the white man's "problem" with the Indians?
4. What causes Gordon's family to sell the tribal mask that has been in their family for so long?
5. Describe the salmon run the men witness.
6. What information does Mark learn from the RCMP about Keetah's sister?
7. Describe Caleb's attitude toward the Indian people of the village.
8. Why does Mark agree to help Gordon get an education?
9. According to the myth, how was the old village formed?
10. Who comes to the vicar's first Sunday service?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)