|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the vicar discover will take him many hours in a day?
(a) Lighting the fire in the vicarage.
(b) Repairing the damage to the vicarage.
(c) Studying the Indians' language.
(d) Staying alive, fed, and clean.
2. What is Mrs. Hudson's fear for her granddaughter, who is getting married?
(a) She fears the granddaughter will be ashamed of her tribe.
(b) She fears the granddaughter will be ashamed of herself.
(c) She fears the granddaughter will be ashamed of her family.
(d) She fears the family will be ashamed of the granddaughter.
3. Who are the doctor and the Bishop discussing?
(a) The young doctor.
(b) The young Constable.
(c) The young Bishop.
(d) The young ordinand.
4. What fact associates Mark Brian with "the swimmer?"
(a) He is an excellent swimmer.
(b) He loves fishing.
(c) He has a twin sister.
(d) He wants to keep moving up the river.
5. In Kwakwala, there is no word for
(b) Thank You.
(c) Good morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Though cautious, Jim
2. Who has returned to the village after their self-imposed exile?
3. In wintertime, how were the beliefs of the tribe relived?
4. What observation does T. P. Wallace make about Mark Brian?
5. How old is Jim Wallace?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the RCMP when he tried to take pictures of the tribe members fishing?
2. Why does Mark agree to help Gordon get an education?
3. What does Mark Brian learn about rules or obedience throughout the chapter?
4. Describe Sam, the unlucky one.
5. Describe the Bishop's intentions for the young ordinand.
6. What evidence of community is apparent in the chapter?
7. Why is Marta Stephens knitting a hat for the vicar?
8. According to the Bishop, how does an Indian feel about his village?
9. What does the Bishop claim happens every time he arrives at the village?
10. What limitations does the ordinand's illness place on him?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)