|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What small revenge does Mrs. Hudson have on the white man?
(a) She knits them itchy hats.
(b) She refuses to speak English to them.
(c) She serves them wild goose.
(d) She serves them mashed turnips.
2. When Mark Brian sees the tribe approaching the church single file, he is reminded of
(a) Their oppression by the white man.
(b) Their travel from the mountains to the Bering Sea.
(c) Their duty to him as their vicar.
(d) Their travel up the river.
3. Mark returns to the vicarage and to the smell of
4. Mark and Jim share a picnic with
(a) Sam and Ellie.
(b) Keetah and Marta.
(c) Chief Eddy and Gordon.
(d) The teacher.
5. What happened to Keetah's sister?
(a) She admitted to stealing the mask and was killed for it.
(b) She died of an overdose after being abandoned by her fiance.
(c) She left the tribe and became a white man's wife.
(d) She returned to the tribe in shame.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark asks Jim to show him
2. In Kwakwala, there is no word for
3. As the weather turns colder, Mark and Jim face challenges with
4. In wintertime, how were the beliefs of the tribe relived?
5. Who has offered Mark Brian a great deal of advice and training?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Constable Pearson.
2. According to the myth, how was the old village formed?
3. What limitations does the ordinand's illness place on him?
4. Why do the villagers offer to help Mark build the vicarage?
5. What causes Gordon's family to sell the tribal mask that has been in their family for so long?
6. Why is Jim interested in the prayer Mark Brian recites?
7. Why is Marta Stephens knitting a hat for the vicar?
8. What information does Mark learn from the RCMP about Keetah's sister?
9. How do most of the Indians behave toward Mark Brian?
10. Why does Mark agree to help Gordon get an education?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)