|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Hudson's fear for her granddaughter, who is getting married?
(a) She fears the family will be ashamed of the granddaughter.
(b) She fears the granddaughter will be ashamed of herself.
(c) She fears the granddaughter will be ashamed of her family.
(d) She fears the granddaughter will be ashamed of her tribe.
2. What new feeling is Mark experiencing in the village?
(a) A feeling of dissent.
(b) A feeling of hopelessness.
(c) A feeling of dissertion.
(d) A feeling of outrage.
3. Why does Caleb feel Mark should be sorry for the Indians?
(a) Because they need salvation.
(b) Because they must endure his presence on their land.
(c) Because they must teach him everything.
(d) Because they are so uncivilized.
4. What relationship did Mark Brian observe in the hunters of the tribe?
(a) The brotherly relationship.
(b) The boss-laborer relationship.
(c) The warrior-to-warrior relationship.
(d) The father-son relationship.
5. The chief teaches Mark Brian to say
(a) God bless you.
(b) Good Morning.
(d) How do you do.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Bishop will not reveal the young man's illness yet because he fears
2. In the painting of Christ,
3. What animal's image is carved above the Bible?
4. Mark Brian succeeds where the doctor failed to
5. Why didn't the hunters discuss their plans aloud?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mark Brian learn about rules or obedience throughout the chapter?
2. Describe Sam, the unlucky one.
3. Describe the salmon run the men witness.
4. What happened to the RCMP when he tried to take pictures of the tribe members fishing?
5. What makes hunting difficult for Mark Brian?
6. How do most of the Indians behave toward Mark Brian?
7. While Mark feels he has learned little about the Indians, what does the Bishop tell him?
8. Why does Mark Brian refuse the Bishop's offer to send a new vicarage?
9. According to the myth, how was the old village formed?
10. Describe the Bishop's intentions for the young ordinand.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)