|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship did Mark Brian observe in the hunters of the tribe?
(a) The warrior-to-warrior relationship.
(b) The boss-laborer relationship.
(c) The father-son relationship.
(d) The brotherly relationship.
2. Mark asks Jim to show him
(a) The end of the salmon run.
(b) The best place to fish for salmon.
(c) The village salmon festival.
(d) The end of the river.
3. The chief teaches Mark Brian to say
(a) Good Morning.
(c) God bless you.
(d) How do you do.
4. Mark Brian will have to work closely with an agent from
(a) The Archbishop of Canterbury.
(b) The Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(c) The Internal Revenue Service.
(d) The Indian Affairs Department.
5. Why didn't the hunters discuss their plans aloud?
(a) The women of the tribe would try to hunt the game first.
(b) The animal spirits would conspire to harm the hunters.
(c) The warrior spirits would try to trick the game into hiding.
(d) The animal spirits would hear, and the game would hide.
6. What season marks the start of Chapter 11?
7. In wintertime, how were the beliefs of the tribe relived?
(a) The beliefs were relived through dances.
(b) The beliefs were relived through sweat lodges.
(c) The beliefs were relived through cave paintings.
(d) The beliefs were relived through ancient songs.
8. Why aren't the local deer afraid of guns?
(a) The Indians are afraid to go near the deer.
(b) The Indians only use guns to hunt bear and geese.
(c) The Indians do not hunt deer at all.
(d) The Indians do not hunt deer with guns, but hit them with clubs.
9. Who did Constable Pearson bring with him to the village?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) His mother.
(d) His superior officer.
10. Why doesn't the young man know about his illness?
(a) The doctor tries to cover it up.
(b) The villagers are trying to treat it.
(c) The Bishop has not told him yet.
(d) The man does not speak the native's language.
11. Jim describes his people through several
(c) Legends and stories.
(d) Lengthy historical discussions.
12. The Bishop plans to
(a) Tell the young man he does not have any illnesses.
(b) Tell the young man to be grateful for his health.
(c) Tell the young man his illness is psychological.
(d) Tell the young man about his illness eventually.
13. What formality does Jim help Mark leave behind?
(a) The formal use of the word "we."
(b) Shaking hands.
(c) The formal use of the word "you."
(d) Speaking Kwakwala.
14. What does Mark Brian do when the Bishop offers to send a new vicarage?
(a) He gladly accepts the offer.
(b) He refuses the offer.
(c) He asks for a new church instead.
(d) He asks to leave the island instead.
15. Who are the doctor and the Bishop discussing?
(a) The young ordinand.
(b) The young doctor.
(c) The young Bishop.
(d) The young Constable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark returns to the vicarage and to the smell of
2. What does Mark Brian promise the dying woman?
3. What observation does T. P. Wallace make about Mark Brian?
4. Why does Caleb feel Mark should be sorry for the Indians?
5. Who or what follows Jim and Mark back to the camp?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)