|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Bishop reveals that Kingcome is
(a) Where he would want to go to spend his dying days.
(b) Where he would want to go to escape the real world.
(c) Where he would want to go to renew his faith.
(d) Where he would want to go if he were in the young man's place.
2. The young ordinand has less than two years to
(a) LIve without life support.
(b) Live away from home.
(c) Live outside the hospital.
(d) Live an active life.
3. Who are the doctor and the Bishop discussing?
(a) The young doctor.
(b) The young Bishop.
(c) The young ordinand.
(d) The young Constable.
4. Families gather at the end of the salmon run to
(a) Celebrate the death of the salmon.
(b) Retell myths and smoke fish.
(c) Discuss tribal business.
(d) Hold the salmon festival.
5. Who invited Mark to go hunting?
(a) Chief Eddy.
(d) Marta Stephens.
6. Mark Brian will have to work closely with an agent from
(a) The Indian Affairs Department.
(b) The Internal Revenue Service.
(c) The Archbishop of Canterbury.
(d) The Federal Bureau of Investigation.
7. Jim is concerned about Keetah because
(a) She is still engaged to Gordon.
(b) She is pregnant
(c) She is worried about her sister.
(d) She is very sick
8. Craven often describes the Indians' eyes and faces as
9. Mark returns to the vicarage and to the smell of
10. The chief teaches Mark Brian to say
(b) Good Morning.
(c) God bless you.
(d) How do you do.
11. Sam plans to ask the vicar
(a) For a job.
(b) For liquor.
(c) For counsel about his daughter.
(d) For a loan.
12. What happened to Keetah's sister?
(a) She returned to the tribe in shame.
(b) She admitted to stealing the mask and was killed for it.
(c) She died of an overdose after being abandoned by her fiance.
(d) She left the tribe and became a white man's wife.
13. Why is Keetah's family leaving the tribe to live in a deserted village?
(a) They are going to start their own tribe and traditions.
(b) They are ashamed that a drunken family member sold a tribal mask.
(c) They are going to find a better life after selling a tribal mask.
(d) They are ashamed that a family member will marry a white man.
14. What relationship did Mark Brian observe in the hunters of the tribe?
(a) The father-son relationship.
(b) The warrior-to-warrior relationship.
(c) The brotherly relationship.
(d) The boss-laborer relationship.
15. What is Calamity Bill known for?
(a) He wears two sets of long underwear and only changes one.
(b) He is said to hide in the bush and scare the women.
(c) He has a personal relationship with the Archbishop.
(d) He once road into battle with Custer.
Short Answer Questions
1. The young man will be sent to Kingcome to
2. How does Mark describe the inanimate?
3. At the end of the chapter, what is revealed in Mark Brian's eyes?
4. Why does Caleb feel Mark should be sorry for the Indians?
5. What formality does Jim help Mark leave behind?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)