|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mark Brian will have to work closely with an agent from
(a) The Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(b) The Archbishop of Canterbury.
(c) The Internal Revenue Service.
(d) The Indian Affairs Department.
2. What large item do Mark and Jim have to transport on the boat?
(a) A trunk.
(b) A coffin.
(c) An organ.
(d) A cardboard box.
3. Mark finds himself tending for an orphaned
4. Whose death does Mark Brian experience in Chapter 11?
(a) Keetah's sister.
(b) Mrs. Hudson.
(c) Gordon's mother.
5. What is Mrs. Hudson's fear for her granddaughter, who is getting married?
(a) She fears the family will be ashamed of the granddaughter.
(b) She fears the granddaughter will be ashamed of her tribe.
(c) She fears the granddaughter will be ashamed of herself.
(d) She fears the granddaughter will be ashamed of her family.
6. The Bishop believes the men of the village have offered to help Mark build the vicarage because
(a) He has promised to help them in return.
(b) He has proven worthy of them.
(c) He is too ill to build the vicarage.
(d) He has suffered with them.
7. Why does Caleb feel Mark should be sorry for the Indians?
(a) Because they need salvation.
(b) Because they must endure his presence on their land.
(c) Because they are so uncivilized.
(d) Because they must teach him everything.
8. What arrived at the village in November?
(a) The government ship.
(b) The army ship.
(c) The hospital ship.
(d) The navy ship.
9. The young ordinand has less than two years to
(a) Live away from home.
(b) LIve without life support.
(c) Live outside the hospital.
(d) Live an active life.
10. How does Mark describe the inanimate?
(a) Receptive, agreeable, and easygoing.
(b) Solid, stubborn, and indifferent.
(c) Angry, vengeful, and dangerous.
(d) Remote, fearfull, and unreachable.
11. The illness will not allow the man to live longer than
(a) One year.
(b) Five years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Ten years.
12. What is dumped into the the center of the stream by the villagers?
(b) Animal carcasses.
(d) Offerings to the gods.
13. Why is Jim convinced Keetah will marry him?
(a) Because he is the only unmarried young man in the village.
(b) Because she is clearly in love with him.
(c) Because he is Catholic like she is.
(d) Because he knows Gordon will not stay in the village.
14. What does Mark Brian do that captures Jim's attention?
(a) He recites an Indian prayer.
(b) He shrieks in fear.
(c) He tries to catch the salmon.
(d) He recites a sermon.
15. What formality does Jim help Mark leave behind?
(a) Shaking hands.
(b) The formal use of the word "you."
(c) The formal use of the word "we."
(d) Speaking Kwakwala.
Short Answer Questions
1. The oolachon is
2. How does Jim know that the RCMP officer, Constable Pearson, will be young and hard?
3. Who are the doctor and the Bishop discussing?
4. The Bishop plans to send the young man to his hardest parish because
5. What animal's image is carved above the Bible?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)